Check your account email address ×

Gapes and Wails

Rod

30 minutes ago, Matt said:

XLT was an old piston port design. Sweet motor but not in the same league power-wise as the factory triple pipers. And only 34mm carbs before 97 I think. 

Oh heck yeah. Too bad they never made a triple pipe ultra in the wedge chassis. That aggressive chassis is horrid looking 

9 minutes ago, small-bore said:

I have a bad back but I still like those sled's and wouldn't hesitate to ride them.

Do these guys have shitty groomers or something? It’s always quite smooth here once the groomers get moving 

12 minutes ago, ACE said:

Do these guys have shitty groomers or something? It’s always quite smooth here once the groomers get moving 

It's smooth as glass here once they get grooming. They groomed December 12th last fall here. That's the earliest I have ever seen them come through. We have a pile of snow here this winter.

4 minutes ago, small-bore said:

It's smooth as glass here once they get grooming. They groomed December 12th last fall here. That's the earliest I have ever seen them come through. We have a pile of snow here this winter.

Yeah when it’s smooth all that extra height and suspension really works against you 

when we were in the twisties none of the newer sleds could keep up to me on the F3.  Only difference is I’m quite a bit more tired by the time we get somewhere. 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

XLT was an old piston port design. Sweet motor but not in the same league power-wise as the factory triple pipers. And only 34mm carbs before 97 I think. 

My 93 XLT was quite a bit quicker than my 95 XLT SP with the XTRA 12 suspension. I missed my 93 until the trails got beat. 

4 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

I'd keep track of oil to fuel. Don't want it too thin.

750ml for 170 miles isn't all that much.

No honestly I wouldn’t mind if it used a little more 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ACE said:

Oh heck yeah. Too bad they never made a triple pipe ultra in the wedge chassis. That aggressive chassis is horrid looking 

That Ultra bottom end was stout. Great mod motor. 96 and 97 ultra wedge with aftermarket triples is boner city. Even better is if you can find a later version with valves from the xcr 7 or 8 and chop it in. 

1 minute ago, Matt said:

That Ultra bottom end was stout. Great mod motor. 96 and 97 ultra wedge with aftermarket triples is boner city. Even better is if you can find a later version with valves from the xcr 7 or 8 and chop it in. 

Yeah supposedly the 800 XCR jugs bolt right on. A triple triple wedge is pretty sexy

23 minutes ago, small-bore said:

I went the other way. I had a couple of doo pads that were too big for my cat. I ground them down to fit. Worked pretty good.

These bolted right in. The 95 mxz has a wilwood brake instead of brembo. 

12 hours ago, ACE said:

I had a 96 wedge Ultra trip trip SLP. It popped and later became swapped the "Fireball 440" because 60 miles after the swap it caught on 🔥 This was when I joined hcs in 2006.

9 hours ago, Fireball 440 said:

I had a 96 wedge Ultra trip trip SLP. It popped and later became swapped the "Fireball 440" because 60 miles after the swap it caught on 🔥 This was when I joined hcs in 2006.

Lol nice