Check your account email address ×

Gapes and Wails

Rod

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Got the crankshops on today. The boys dug our sleds out so we could start working on them

max has big plans for his Mach 1

The crankshops fit much better than the old jaws tbh 

950F0CAF-6337-4B70-ADD9-75EC65A439B9.jpeg

D45FF8FA-B92A-45C3-BB41-EB1C03A741E4.jpeg

• Like 3

On 12/23/2020 at 10:25 AM, ACE said:

About the only sled I’ve found that can keep up to the Mack Z 780 in the corners so far is the new car RR 

The older sleds had the center of gravity way lower...on a smooth flat corner they ripped, add 1 foot bumps in that turn and the new chassis walks right by. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ACE said:

Look at the ass on that old girl 

46EDF022-9C00-49C2-B398-5346013E1025.jpeg

Longtracka! Dude...those sleds sound and go killah, but only go straight!  Our cuz has a Crankshop motored Mach Z, and I've seen it go 131 mph on the radar.  Thats haulin.

2 hours ago, SkisNH said:

The older sleds had the center of gravity way lower...on a smooth flat corner they ripped, add 1 foot bumps in that turn and the new chassis walks right by. 

Yup for sure. 

9 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Longtracka! Dude...those sleds sound and go killah, but only go straight!  Our cuz has a Crankshop motored Mach Z, and I've seen it go 131 mph on the radar.  Thats haulin.

People laugh cause they can’t keep up to me in the twisties on it. I mean it’s hard to muscle through the corners but the front end is on rails. What gets me is rough trails cause obviously it doesn’t ride worth a shit compare to new sleds 

27 minutes ago, ACE said:

Finally broke down and ordered a couple snowmobile lifts 

The first time you put your sled up on it to do ANYTHING to it, you’re gonna ask yourself what all of us did that like to wrench on our own stuff, “Why the fuck did I wait so long to get one of these?!!!!”

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

The first time you put your sled up on it to do ANYTHING to it, you’re gonna ask yourself what all of us did that like to wrench on our own stuff, “Why the fuck did I wait so long to get one of these?!!!!”

Yeah the ole knees don’t like it anymore 

11 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Nothing is finer than sitting on a comfy stool and have clutching and gearing at eye level!  

Yeah I bought a 2000 F3 800 to restore. It came completely stripped and in rubber maid containers. Super rare sled. Hoping to get it assembled over the winter but I’m not doing it without a lift lol

On 10/13/2021 at 9:51 AM, ACE said:

Finally broke down and ordered a couple snowmobile lifts 

What lift did you get? I purchased this Princess Auto one back 6-7 yrs ago and really like it. Like Zam said, not much room to work on the rear suspension, but other than that, I like it. 

IMG_0161 (Large).JPG

22 minutes ago, irv said:

What lift did you get? I purchased this Princess Auto one back 6-7 yrs ago and really like it. Like Zam said, not much room to work on the rear suspension, but other than that, I like it. 

IMG_0161 (Large).JPG

Ordered it from princess auto so probably the same one 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ACE said:

Ordered it from princess auto so probably the same one 

Forgot to mention. When you receive them and before assembly, take apart the crank cylinder and grease the threads inside with some decent grease. After I used mine a few times, it became difficult/rough to raise the sled, and even lower it, so I took it apart (easy to do) and seen just a tiny drop of grease that wasn't even making contact with the threads at all. I used some thick Bel Ray waterproof grease that I had kicking around and it made a huge difference. Any grease will do, however, but I like the Bel Ray as it sticks like a mofo. 

44 minutes ago, irv said:

Forgot to mention. When you receive them and before assembly, take apart the crank cylinder and grease the threads inside with some decent grease. After I used mine a few times, it became difficult/rough to raise the sled, and even lower it, so I took it apart (easy to do) and seen just a tiny drop of grease that wasn't even making contact with the threads at all. I used some thick Bel Ray waterproof grease that I had kicking around and it made a huge difference. Any grease will do, however, but I like the Bel Ray as it sticks like a mofo. 

Good to know thanks