Check your account email address ×

One of the few members of Congress who voted no speaks

jtssrx

Bitching about Pelosi and the Dems already when they haven't even taken over the Presidential seat yet. :lol:

Going to be a long and interesting 4 years. :news:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

You don’t even know what the Kennedy art center is or does or how many people it employs or has laid off during the pandemic. :lol: 

They’ve sent them a ton of $$$ with other ‘relief’ bills pre-covid.

How about sending them money that is more direct and transparent vs jammed in some relief bill or keeping the gov’t open bill or etc ?

It does get private donor $&& too, but tons if gov’T donations and sends huge $$$ to DNC  as donations.

I know you know the deal, your just   battling to  battle.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, CFM said:

They’ve sent them a ton of $$$ with other ‘relief’ bills pre-covid.

How about sending them money that is more direct and transparent vs jammed in some relief bill or keeping the gov’t open bill or etc ?

It does get private donor $&& too, but tons if gov’T donations and sends huge $$$ to DNC  as donations.

I know you know the deal, your just   battling to  battle.

I have zero problem with money going to the arts. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, racer254 said:

Ask the dipshits on this forum who were for this stimulus.  I would love to hear their fucking answers why they wanted this.   "People are going hungry and need money for rent and utilities"  That is all you will hear from them.

I guarenfuckingtee no one here is for the foreign pork and any other bullshit that isn't for Covid relief.

If anyone is they're morons

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I have zero problem with money going to the arts. 

It's how they are getting paid. IE: jammed in some relief or gov't stay open bill. Plus the big kick backs to the DNC.

Come on, try to keep up.

12 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

arts keep people employed just like any other business.  

Even if it didn’t make money, the arts rock. Expression of self, creativity, joy, happiness....is it any wonder that it’s typically first to go under oppressive regimes. People that can’t appreciate the value of art are dullards. 

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Even if it didn’t make money, the arts rock. Expression of self, creativity, joy, happiness....is it any wonder that it’s typically first to go under oppressive regimes. People that can’t appreciate the value of art are dullards. 

Not everything has to make money.  It’s like USPS - it’s a service and doesn’t need to make money.  Same with the arts.  Most of these fucks would prefer to live in an environment made entirely of right angles and straight lines. 

15 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

US Gov't gave $25 million to the same Kennedy Center in the  March 31' Bill

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/31/arts/kennedy-center-defends-25-million.html

Edited by CFM

34 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

If you like the arts so much, and the arts are like you say, why the fuk are you such a miserable person ? Inquiring minds wanna' know. :lol:

Edited by CFM

Just now, CFM said:

If you like the arts so much, and the arts are like you say, why the fuk are you such a miserable person ? Inquiring minds wanna' know.

Because I have to live in the world with unimaginative sacks of shit like you who spent decades rotting on HCS. 

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, racer254 said:

If the Kennedy Center for the Arts was so special, it would be able to sustain itself with donations and promotions.

Similar to Kushner/Trump properties and businesses?  

53 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

You just figuring that out?:lol:

Lol.

I’m new.

I did figure out faster than a lib trying to figure what bathroom to use. Right Actionjoe ?

Also in the bill, larger penalties for violations of copyright for streaming content. Super important that the entertainment lobby get their shitty agenda smuggled into the relief package. 

I'm with Ben. Burn it down and start over with a constitutional amendment limiting bills to one agenda item only. 

4 hours ago, Matt said:

Also in the bill, larger penalties for violations of copyright for streaming content. Super important that the entertainment lobby get their shitty agenda smuggled into the relief package. 

I'm with Ben. Burn it down and start over with a constitutional amendment limiting bills to one agenda item only. 

Burn it down and then burn the ashes 

7 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Where do you think it’s heading? Of course it’s gonna burn down. 

I’ve been wrong 100% of the time so I’ll stick to the cheap seats and keep my prognostications to a minimum 

Edited by f7ben