Check your account email address ×

Bullshit or no?

Anler

So turns out my grandmother turns 103 this week. So my mom and her sisters and a bunch of grandchildren, great grandchildren and great great grandchildren make the trek to southern illinois to visit and give her some presents. They all get down there and the facility people there tell my family that my grandmother tested positive for COVID. She is 103 and has no symptoms. Me thinks something is fishy. 

• Like 1

Just now, Anler said:

So turns out my grandmother turns 103 this week. So my mom and her sisters and a bunch of grandchildren, great grandchildren and great great grandchildren make the trek to southern illinois to visit and give her some presents. They all get down there and the facility people there tell my family that my grandmother tested positive for COVID. She is 103 and has no symptoms. Me thinks something is fishy. 

More bullshit.  My mother (now 80) went in for heart surgery months ago.  Before getting released, they said she had COVID.  Now, she had to test negative before the surgery and was in contact with nobody but my father and hospital after that.  My father had to go test....negative.  Mother had no symptoms at all.  So, an 80 year old recovering from heart surgery miraculously contracts Covid and forced to stay isolated in the hostputal for two weeks.  What are the chances she recovers from this horrible disease AFTER FUCKING HEART SURGERY????  Well, full recovery!

Crock of fucking bullshit.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

More bullshit.  My mother (now 80) went in for heart surgery months ago.  Before getting released, they said she had COVID.  Now, she had to test negative before the surgery and was in contact with nobody but my father and hospital after that.  My father had to go test....negative.  Mother had no symptoms at all.  So, an 80 year old recovering from heart surgery miraculously contracts Covid and forced to stay isolated in the hostputal for two weeks.  What are the chances she recovers from this horrible disease AFTER FUCKING HEART SURGERY????  Well, full recovery!

Crock of fucking bullshit.

Yeah I mean she is a tough old farm girl but still, she is 103. I mean this virus is a killer right and she has zero symptoms? 

We had an episode with my MIL back in Feb/march where she went in for a heart procedure and got "the flu" and almost died. Like for 2 months she was up and down, really fucked my snowmobiling up because every week we thought she was going to die. And we kinda think she had covid because some nasty shit went thru here before the country went all covid crazy and there were no tests for it then. Either way she is 85 and back to normal also. 

56 minutes ago, Anler said:

I'd ask to see the test results. 

4 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Had an elderly couple in town (early 80s) both test positive for Corona. Wife had a cough for a few days then back to normal but the old guy ended up on a ventilator and in the hospital for a month. Just seems to be random the effects of Covid.

agreed.  It don't seem to like people with a history of pnuemonia for one thing.

7 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Had an elderly couple in town (early 80s) both test positive for Corona. Wife had a cough for a few days then back to normal but the old guy ended up on a ventilator and in the hospital for a month. Just seems to be random the effects of Covid.

Last spring there was an elderly couple here who he happens to be a minister at a pretty large church, and also a doctor.  His wife got covid and was really bad, and he took care of her for over a month.  He never got sick and never tested positive, both at the beginning and at the end when she was better and they both were ready to attend church functions again.

I say elderly but technically not,  they're only probably late 60's.

1 hour ago, Anler said:

Why were they letting you in anyways?  Most of elderly facilities are locked down here.

My Wife’s 87 year old Grandfather went in to the hospital over his brother in law running him down with his truck.  On the day he was supposed to be released they diagnosed him with COVID .  10 days later he is dead.  My daughter, who is a ICU nurse was trying to get information on what was happening, was getting blown off.  No one could talk to her, only wife with onset dementia.  She said they are doing disaster charting now and any chance of getting complete medical charting is impossible.  Complete shit show now.  

• Platinum Contributing Member

It's pretty weird.....brothers in-laws age 91 and 100 both recovered with no issues. My fav deli owner in his 70's died......was put on ventilator and developed a bacterial lung infection. Not sure if he had other issues.

5 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

It's pretty weird.....brothers in-laws age 91 and 100 both recovered with no issues. My fav deli owner in his 70's died......was put on ventilator and developed a bacterial lung infection. Not sure if he had other issues.

I think very few get weened off the ventilator.  

I listened to a podcast in the spring around the time shit was hitting the fan.  It was with an expert on this kind of stuff.  He said the way this is being tested is extremely bad.

I don't remember all the specifics but it was something like the threshold for positive is way too sensitive.  He said the normal standard for virus testing is 30, I don't remember the units of 30 if that is ppm, microns, or whatever, I don't remember.  But he said 30 is the standard, and we are testing  for this virus to 10, not 30.  And apparently this is extremely suspect and is not done this way for some very good reasons.  You can apparently have these kinds of viruses at small amounts and not actually be considered sick.  That's why all these people with no symptoms are testing positive.  A positive test under this criteria doesn't necessarily mean you are considered sick or contagious and shouldn't be a positive, that's why it is set at 30 for everything else.  He said many people carry different viruses at these levels all the time and they are always there at these minor levels.  This guy was a an expert on this topic it wasn't BS.    

Should be no surprise to anyone though.  Alot of people wanted this and alot of people are getting more rich from this, and it worked out politically for alot of people.

6 hours ago, Anler said:

Probably a false positive. The testing sucks. 

I don’t know why someone having no symptoms and testing positive would mean that’s it’s a scam. That’s extremely common. I know two married couples that both had it and in each case one spouse was pretty sick and the other didn’t have symptoms. Mnstangs post is probably on point. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Anler said:

Has to be

The FDA finally came out recently in a report and said the testing sucks shit. Its not just the testing. It’s also oversight at the testing labs. None of these tests have actually been approved by the FDA. They’ve been “authorized” for emergency use. The FDA is in shambles at the moment. It’s been gutted top to bottom by the current administration. The damage is pretty much catastrophic. The most telling sign is last week when trump threatened the chief of the FDA with his job unless he approved the vaccine. Instead of approving it, the vaccine is deemed “authorized” for emergency use. Just like the testing.  :lol: 

Edited by ActionfigureJoe
  • Like 1

The Hospitals are in shambles.  They received millions in COVID money and the”front line’.  Workers didn’t see a red cent of it.  Closing down surgeries caused a major cash shortage which caused them to lay off staff to make up for it.  Some have retired, some found new jobs.  Moral is at a all time low.   The hospitals should of been better prepared for this.  Administration failed miserably.  

Just now, Cold War said:

The Hospitals are in shambles.  They received millions in COVID money and the”front line’.  Workers didn’t see a red cent of it.  Closing down surgeries caused a major cash shortage which caused them to lay off staff to make up for it.  Some have retired, some found new jobs.  Moral is at a all time low.   The hospitals should of been better prepared for this.  Administration failed miserably.  

Hosplitals?  You should see what hospice and retirement homes have become and what they are getting in COVID "reparations".  WOW!  This little virus is big business!  Damn global warming    That's old school amateur shit now.

22 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Hosplitals?  You should see what hospice and retirement homes have become and what they are getting in COVID "reparations".  WOW!  This little virus is big business!  Damn global warming    That's old school amateur shit now.

I know it is.   
you watch the news in morning , for your daily virus death scare.  Too dangerous for you to eat a holiday meal with your family , but perfectly fine for you to march off to work in the thick of it.  While others get paid to stay home.  Everything is so screwed up now.  No one wants to do their job anymore.  COVID is to blame for everything.  

Edited by Cold War

4 minutes ago, Cold War said:

I know it is.   
you watch the news in morning , for your daily virus death scare.  Too dangerous for you to eat a holiday meal with your family , but perfectly fine for you to march off to work in the thick of it.  While others get paid to stay home.  Everything is so screwed up now.  No one wants to do their job anymore.  COVID is to blame for everything.  

Yep.  What a fucking mess...another one brought to us all by the left and those living in fear of anything and everything.