Check your account email address ×

Just put my deposit in on a 700hp+ pickup

BOHICA

8 minutes ago, Matt said:

Those Rivians are intriguing for sure.  If going electrotruck, that's the way I'd go.  I think my first foray into pure electric will be with my wife's next vehicle though.  She has a compact SUV now, which is the perfect run-around-town vehicle.  We've owned it since early 2017 and only once has it gone on a trip beyond what a single full fuel tank was capable of reaching.  My truck is the long hauler/tow-shit-across-the-desert vehicle.

It’ll be a while before I get rid of my big bore gas guzzler.  My plan is to keep it for hauling whatever when I need raw torque, then maybe a whiz bang electric hybrid daily driver in a year to two .  I’ll buy when the range gets to where I can drive the 370 miles to Jackman, which even has Tesla charging stations now.  And the prices should start to come down too.

Easier to buy an old 6.0 or 6.4 Powerjoke or Cummins, bullet proof it, big injectors etc and probaly would have 15-20 g's in it total and destroy lots of iron. We had a Ram that was near 850 hp and huge torque that was the scariest vehicle I've ever driven. No joke.

45 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

Easier to buy an old 6.0 or 6.4 Powerjoke or Cummins, bullet proof it, big injectors etc and probaly would have 15-20 g's in it total and destroy lots of iron. We had a Ram that was near 850 hp and huge torque that was the scariest vehicle I've ever driven. No joke.

You could buy a pretty low mile 6.0L for $5000 and for under $20K you'll have a powerhouse.  That's not too bad considering people are paying north of $20K for nice '97 OBS Powerstrokes with miles on them and only 210HP/500TQ.

1 hour ago, J. Jackson said:

Easier no-  considering what you are going to have to do with it then you're still left with something with a shitty ride and shitty technology in the interior.  Fummins could be the way to go if you buy a 6.4 which has a far better interior but not a ton of shops do them.  Taylor Ray on youtube built a nice one as a tow rig,  think he paid 7k +-for the F350 with the blown motor and a few grand for the totaled Ram for the motor but if i recall he's close to 20k doing it himself all in. 

2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

Easier no-  considering what you are going to have to do with it then you're still left with something with a shitty ride and shitty technology in the interior.  Fummins could be the way to go if you buy a 6.4 which has a far better interior but not a ton of shops do them.  Taylor Ray on youtube built a nice one as a tow rig,  think he paid 7k +-for the F350 with the blown motor and a few grand for the totaled Ram for the motor but if i recall he's close to 20k doing it himself all in. 

I know that you can't compare creature comfort or tech but I'm here to tell you that when you throttle up it's a fucking riot. The combo of torque and hp on a high hp diesel is pretty impressive. 

• Gold Member

Been debating the last few days if the Adventure Model over the Explorer model was worth it for an extra $7500 to me...  decide to adjust my configuration...

A51285B2-9073-41AD-9FF4-5381790AE7FA.thumb.png.1fd81fbd6753680b32e078d40b718c1f.png

Edited by BOHICA

• 1 month later...
  • Gold Member
55 minutes ago, SHADOSPRIT said:

Do these electric trucks have any pulling power? See a lot about electric but never really looked to deep into it? Can ya trailer?

Range may be an issue for some.  Range i guess is half towing maxed out at 11k lbs.  so maybe 200 miles of range on the big battery model towing 11k.  if you can’t wait 1/2 hour or a hour to charge when needed it won’t work.

Edited by BOHICA

9 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Range may be an issue for some.  Range i guess is half towing maxed out at 11k lbs.  so maybe 200 miles of range on the big battery model towing 11k.  if you can’t wait 1/2 hour or a hour to charge when needed it won’t work.

Probably even less range in the cold and in the mountains....seems pointless to me.