Check your account email address ×

One thing

Tadpole

Had the landscapers do the fall (LEAF ) clean-up. 

Didn't want to do it myself at all.

Didn't want to bullshit with my helper and his schedule and this other lady that wanted to work (needs money ). 

Fuck it, they came in with two truck crews.  4 workers and a shit-load of equipment.

Took 2 1/2 hours + or -.

Bill is not going to be friendly, I don't think. 

I don't really give a shit, I wasn't doin' it. I just wanted it done. 

l'll just send the check, and it's out of my face. 

• Gold Member
7 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

Didn't want to bullshit with my helper and his schedule and this other lady that wanted to work (needs money ). 

Fuck it, they came in with two truck crews.  4 workers and a shit-load of equipment.

Took 2 1/2 hours + or -.

Why are you waiting until December to clean the leaves you lazy bastid?!

1 hour ago, Kivalo said:

Why are you waiting until December to clean the leaves you lazy bastid?!

Arm was injured, and my place has trees/leaves that fall real late, so if ya' clean it all up, they come down and it looks un-done again. 

Anyway, STFU and talk to me if and when you shoot a goddamn Sitka deer, 'cause I am an ALASKA /YUKON man!!  

10 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

It took him that long to convince himself spending a little money was ok.

Well yeah, MOSTLY THIS!!!!!!

:lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:

10 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

Took 2 1/2 hours + or -.

I get a shit ton of leaves at my place too.  Bought a new Stihl BR600 for trying to stay on top of things, but they still just keep coming.  I got most of them into 2 giant piles, and then I PTG (pay the guy)  to come clean everything up.  :bc: 

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

I get a shit ton of leaves at my place too.  Bought a new Stihl BR600 for trying to stay on top of things, but they still just keep coming.  I got most of them into 2 giant piles, and then I PTG (pay the guy)  to come clean everything up.  :bc: 

Yup, sometimes ya' just gotta' pay the freight. This year, I physically DIDN'T/ COULDN'T  do it myself. 

Even if I attempted to do it myself, with my bullshit helpers, ( one 70 year old guy who I have to line -up days in advance, hope it doesn't rain when he's on the way, and guarantee him 3 hours cash $66.00, and hope he works good that day, and hope I don't re-injure my arm, and the 48 year-old broad that was hounding to work, is a REAL BIKER CHICK, who is a bitch-on-wheels, and is the last motherfukker I want on my place, 'cause she would be the type to claim a fukkin back injury here, and the next thing I know I'm gettin' a letter from some fukkin ambulance-chaser. Thanks, but no thanks. I'll gladly send the landscaper the bill.   :bc::bc:  

2 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Yup, sometimes ya' just gotta' pay the freight. This year, I physically DIDN'T/ COULDN'T  do it myself. 

Even if I attempted to do it myself, with my bullshit helpers, ( one 70 year old guy who I have to line -up days in advance, hope it doesn't rain when he's on the way, and guarantee him 3 hours cash $66.00, and hope he works good that day, and hope I don't re-injure my arm, and the 48 year-old broad that was hounding to work, is a REAL BIKER CHICK, who is a bitch-on-wheels, and is the last motherfukker I want on my place, 'cause she would be the type to claim a fukkin back injury here, and the next thing I know I'm gettin' a letter from some fukkin ambulance-chaser. Thanks, but no thanks. I'll gladly send the landscaper the bill.   :bc::bc:  

Damn, I had a guy back in the day who completely fucked me with a fake back injury claim.  Bad enough he left me high and dry with a route he needed to be servicing, then he fucks my insurance company over.  Another time, had a video store back in the day and some slunt comes in, trips over a box laying in plain sight.  She gets up, walks out, I never thought anything more about it.  2 days later, I get the registered letter from the ambulance chaser.  Another claim, she ended up going to arbitration, 3 years later and got more than 100k from my insurance co.  Fat useless pieces of garbage!  Oh well....years ago.  What did you do to your arm!?  

Just now, DriftBusta said:

Damn, I had a guy back in the day who completely fucked me with a fake back injury claim.  Bad enough he left me high and dry with a route he needed to be servicing, then he fucks my insurance company over.  Another time, had a video store back in the day and some slunt comes in, trips over a box laying in plain sight.  She gets up, walks out, I never thought anything more about it.  2 days later, I get the registered letter from the ambulance chaser.  Another claim, she ended up going to arbitration, 3 years later and got more than 100k from my insurance co.  Fat useless pieces of garbage!  Oh well....years ago.  What did you do to your arm!?  

Leeches actually make a living doing this. They and the lawyers know the routine,,,,INS. COs settle. 

I am super-paranoid around here, I have the entire place posted, and I let NO ONE on this place. My helper signed a waiver of injury years ago, that I drew up. It might not stand through an actual legal process, but it would give me SOMETHING to defend with. 

Of course, in business or even here on a old farm, we must have liability coverage, 'cause as you know ONLY TOO WELL, there is no dearth of motherfukkers out there who are only too ready, willing and able to try to jam you for a pay-off as hard as they can.

I tell a few friends of mine, that I am amazed that more people don't get their heads caved-in, for how they act, and what they do. 

People with houses, and cars and some money , and a decent family, don't wanna' risk time in a state prison for smashing somebody that is fucking them over.

The punk bastards know that, they know good people don't/can't come out swinging. Too much to lose.      

3 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

Leeches actually make a living doing this. They and the lawyers know the routine,,,,INS. COs settle. 

I am super-paranoid around here, I have the entire place posted, and I let NO ONE on this place. My helper signed a waiver of injury years ago, that I drew up. It might not stand through an actual legal process, but it would give me SOMETHING to defend with. 

Of course, in business or even here on a old farm, we must have liability coverage, 'cause as you know ONLY TOO WELL, there is no dearth of motherfukkers out there who are only too ready, willing and able to try to jam you for a pay-off as hard as they can.

I tell a few friends of mine, that I am amazed that more people don't get their heads caved-in, for how they act, and what they do. 

People with houses, and cars and some money , and a decent family, don't wanna' risk time in a state prison for smashing somebody that is fucking them over.

The punk bastards know that, they know good people don't/can't come out swinging. Too much to lose.      

Had a friend paying a settlement for 15 years from a situation in a bar where he was prob in the right but got sued anyways.  he was lucky the cops decided to let it go because that would have ruined his life.  

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

Had a friend paying a settlement for 15 years from a situation in a bar where he was prob in the right but got sued anyways.  he was lucky the cops decided to let it go because that would have ruined his life.  

I was in three lawsuits at work. I won all three, and sent the motherfukkers and their lawyers, crawling out of Superior Court minus about 50-70 thousand in legal time that they ate. 

However.....word of caution..........try not to ever get sued!!! Lawyers can make Mother Teresa look like a crack whore from Detroit, and a jury will sometimes buy it.      :thumbsup:

54 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

I'm going to snowmobile to NH and "hurt" myself on Z Notty's property and I'll be raking in all of those thousands in daily gains!

Problem is you won't be able to spend it in a LEVEL 5 TRAUMA UNIT.    heh, heh, heh. 

50 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

I was in three lawsuits at work. I won all three, and sent the motherfukkers and their lawyers, crawling out of Superior Court minus about 50-70 thousand in legal time that they ate. 

However.....word of caution..........try not to ever get sued!!! Lawyers can make Mother Teresa look like a crack whore from Detroit, and a jury will sometimes buy it.      :thumbsup:

As a mall cop ? B.S !!