Check your account email address ×

Vermont officials: Snowmobilers must follow COVID-19 rules

1 hour ago, 01mxz800 said:

more and more sheriff depts. across NY are telling Cunt Cuomo they got better things to do than harass residents about how many people they have in their homes for the holidays, like catching real criminals

yet they don't really do much of that.   Lots of siting around pretending to care about public safety and ticketing people for easy revenue seems to be what they really prefer doing.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
17 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

If you really are in recovery, congratulations.

Well thanks I  but I was never an alcoholic nor did I require meetings or anything else. I simply woke up one day and quit drinking which like a lot of things here turned into something it isn’t. 👍🏼🏼

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Well thanks I  but I was never an alcoholic nor did I require meetings or anything else. I simply woke up one day and quit drinking which like a lot of things here turned into something it isn’t. 👍🏼🏼

Ok

Similar to myself.

I had a tendency to run the roads when I drank. Wife wasn't happy. So I stopped also.

I think, sometimes, she wishes I would run the roads again 😂

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Ok

Similar to myself.

I had a tendency to run the roads when I drank. Wife wasn't happy. So I stopped also.

I think, sometimes, she wishes I would run the roads again 😂

🤣👍🏼

• USA Contributing Member
On 11/23/2020 at 10:30 AM, ckf said:

The VAST, the VT snowmobile association, is telling riders from out of state that they can still come, but must bring everything with them and only use self service pumps to fuel up.

We'll see what the season brings, but by seeing all of the holiday travelers at the airports this week, everything might be shut down by Xmas  :dunno:

There are 9 of us planning on renting a house in Irasburg this winter, been discussing what we would do if we do rent and they do a lockdown.  Go out riding, buy gas at the pump, can't stop anywhere for lunch.  Food and supplies will be brought into VT so we don't have to leave the house.  Keep our group isolated from everyone else.  Now if they impose a curfew will they have "covid police" on the trails to question me and how are they going to know when I come and go from state to state?

The other problem would be coming back home and facing a 2 week curfew.  I could see getting tested but waiting for results over a long period with a curfew before going back to work isn't doable.

I have a bad feeling Thanksgiving and Christmas will result in an uptick in cases and our new federal government will take control over the states and step up restrictions, we're going to wait as long as possible before renting, registering, insuring and anything else.

33 minutes ago, $poorsledder$ said:

There are 9 of us planning on renting a house in Irasburg this winter, been discussing what we would do if we do rent and they do a lockdown.  Go out riding, buy gas at the pump, can't stop anywhere for lunch.  Food and supplies will be brought into VT so we don't have to leave the house.  Keep our group isolated from everyone else.  Now if they impose a curfew will they have "covid police" on the trails to question me and how are they going to know when I come and go from state to state?

The other problem would be coming back home and facing a 2 week curfew.  I could see getting tested but waiting for results over a long period with a curfew before going back to work isn't doable.

I have a bad feeling Thanksgiving and Christmas will result in an uptick in cases and our new federal government will take control over the states and step up restrictions, we're going to wait as long as possible before renting, registering, insuring and anything else.

Why would you need to quarantine when you get home if you were quarantined in VT when you are here?

3 hours ago, ckf said:

Why would you need to quarantine when you get home if you were quarantined in VT when you are here?

Coming from Vermont to Connecticut..... Connecticut requires 2 weeks?  I'll have to verify that as long as I was quarantined on a sled while in VT it's ok.  So If I quarantined in CT and then went to VT they would be fine with that?  If your not on a plane how are they monitoring your whereabouts?

2 minutes ago, $poorsledder$ said:

Coming from Vermont to Connecticut..... Connecticut requires 2 weeks?  I'll have to verify that as long as I was quarantined on a sled while in VT it's ok.  So If I quarantined in CT and then went to VT they would be fine with that?  If your not on a plane how are they monitoring your whereabouts?

IMO if your not in contact with anyone there really is no reason to quarantine.  Your surrounded by the same people in both states.   I just got back from OH,  I am not going to quarantine 14 days because the only one I was really in contact with was my daughter whose now living in my house with a clear covid test.   In a course of a normal day I am in contact with 3-4 people here in NH,  more if we go out to dinner.  SO prob more risk than when i was stuck in my car or in your case riding a sled around.  

9 minutes ago, $poorsledder$ said:

5 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

IMO if your not in contact with anyone there really is no reason to quarantine.  Your surrounded by the same people in both states.   I just got back from OH,  I am not going to quarantine 14 days because the only one I was really in contact with was my daughter whose now living in my house with a clear covid test.   In a course of a normal day I am in contact with 3-4 people here in NH,  more if we go out to dinner.  SO prob more risk than when i was stuck in my car or in your case riding a sled around.  

I agree with Jeff. Go to your rental and enjoy it. Just keep your group at the rental for meals instead of eating out.  We all just need to use a little common sense.

9 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

I'm more worried about going into work on Monday and having an idiot start talking about their sled weekend up in VT.  I think we can do this safely and if everyone keeps their mouth shut it shouldn't be a problem.

I have the feeling that if we went to management and told them what we are doing they would tell us to get bent because if they let our group slide they would have to let others as well.  This place has 5,000+ employed here, they are pretty serious with covid.

Going to wait and see what this covid thing looks like in December, we don't have the rental till January.

• Like 1