Check your account email address ×

Share your day.

Tadpole

7 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Just sold some sled cylinders, installed 10,000 Lumen lights in 1 shop. 

Can never have enough light in the shop.  Did you go LED?

I bought a few 8' LED lights for my garage last week.  Putting those in this weekend probably so I have good light working on stuff this winter.

Just now, teamgreen02 said:

Can never have enough light in the shop.  Did you go LED?

I bought a few 8' LED lights for my garage last week.  Putting those in this weekend probably so I have good light working on stuff this winter.

Yes, they are LED's, much, much brighter that the 4 foot Fluorescents I removed. 

15 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Yes, they are LED's, much, much brighter that the 4 foot Fluorescents I removed. 

One of the biggest differences I notice is they don't fade over time as the bulbs age.  Then in the cold they are instantly 100% brightness when turned on.

I try and do as little as possible lol. I changed out the few bulbs that weren't changed over to LED"s in the motorhome. There's lights in all the storage compartments and I'm going to change all of them over as well. Other than that I'm not working too hard

So far I have only managed to drink a cup of coffee and watched the new Mighty Car Mods episode.

Where I am at it is -11°c (12°f). It is cold and there isn't enough snow to ride. It makes a terrible concoction for trying to find ambition to get stuff done lol.

Woke up, my balls were real itchy so I scratched em, took a long wizz (this is good when your old). Went downstairs had 2 coffees with the wife, read the local rag, read dumbasses threads here, checked e-mails, texts...blah blah. Ate yogurt, granola and 2 oranges. Went out and blew some leaves then used the tractor for the last time to suck up the leaves. Put the front end loader on the tractor and turned all the compost piles. It’s 72 degrees here. Replaced a dead battery in one of the sleds. Wife says the charge in her Dyson cordless doesn't last that long anymore. I pulled the old one out and ordered one on e-bay. Lunch time! Ham, cheese and tomato on homemade wheat bread. Pulled frozen chicken from the freezer for suppah. Back outside blew all the dust off the tractor and washed it off, dropped the belly mower, greased it and stored it with the bagger and vac system for the winter. Checked the front snow blower attachment over, greased it and the driveshafts, added gearcase oil, oiled the chain gear. Enough of that shit for today. Drained the pool cover and netted off all the last of the leaves. Tested the hot tub, added chemicals. It’s 2:09 Eastern here and I’m done for the day. Cigar time on the farmers porch....looks like rain soon. Finishing this novel. Keeping busy in retirement.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

One of the biggest differences I notice is they don't fade over time as the bulbs age.  Then in the cold they are instantly 100% brightness when turned on.

These new ones take a second or so to light, weird I thought.

5 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Mine are all brand new fixtures.

That can happen depending on the ballast they use.  Needs to convert 120vac to something like 5 or 12 vdc.  I have some in my living room that are that way. Depending start flipping switches on and off because they don't realize it takes a second or two for the light to come on.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Mine are all brand new fixtures.

Wow that’s unusual. I put 2 new led fixtures in the shed and they come right on. I replaced a few fluorescents bulbs in the garage in old fixtures and those delay.

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

Wow that’s unusual. I put 2 new led fixtures in the shed and they come right on. I replaced a few fluorescents bulbs in the garage in old fixtures and those delay.

They were purchased new last week.