Check your account email address ×

Other interesting races?

there has to be some other interesting political races out there.  Here in NH district 1 we have a seat that IMO has been swayed by the liberal leaning college student vote at UNH to the detriment of the rest of us living in the district.   I can see this being a Pub pickup if there is decent Trump turnout given a lot of those student voters are living at home in other parts of the state/other states.  

1stdistrict.JPG

the UNH vote was down.  No reason college kids are voting anywhere but at their real home which is where their parents who pay their bills are.  Unfortunately not enough to make a difference and the dems held the seat.  

Durham turnout dips 

Upon the closing of Durham’s Election Day polls at Oyster River High School, Town Administrator Todd Selig and Town Clerk Lorrie Pitt reported that the town closed with an unofficial sub-8,000 ballot turnout, about 2,000 ballots less than anticipated.

In the general election 2016, Durham set a town record with 9,721 ballots returned and Selig had predicted 10,000-plus in 2020.

Selig unofficially calculated 7,896 ballots returned via the in-person and absentee voting process.

Selig likened the lower turnout to students at the University of New Hampshire who either submitted absentee ballots in their hometown municipality or those who may have stayed home this semester due to COVID-19 and voted in-person in their place of domicile.

“My bet is that many of those are University of New Hampshire students who are remotely commuting to campus from their parents’ homes, where their parents live. They are probably voting from where they’re living now, which is at home,” Selig said.

With the last voter casting her ballot at 7 p.m., the ballot box contained over 4,100 ballots, and over 3,700 of the roughly 3,900 absentee ballots requested by town residents had been brought back to town officials before and during Election Day.

Just after lunchtime Tuesday, Pitt had still been predicting a minimum 10,000 ballot return to the town. However, lines tapered off in the early afternoon and remained relatively quiet until the polls closed.

• Platinum Contributing Member
20 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

there has to be some other interesting political races out there.  Here in NH district 1 we have a seat that IMO has been swayed by the liberal leaning college student vote at UNH to the detriment of the rest of us living in the district.   I can see this being a Pub pickup if there is decent Trump turnout given a lot of those student voters are living at home in other parts of the state/other states.  

1stdistrict.JPG

Until the Des Moines Register put a wrench in things drastically changing the polls over the weekend Iowa had some surprising races.   Abby Finkenauer losing to Ashley Hinson for house seat 1 was a huge upset as was Joni Ernst holding on to her Senate seat.......well when you looked at polling outside the state or before the weekend.     

Arizona 207 passed, making pot legal and enacting an excise tax. I'm OK with this, except for the tax part 

AZ 208 also looks like it will pass. This is a terrible idea. Jacks up tax rates on high earners and small business owners. I moved here partly because of the individualist nature of the politics and lower taxes than tax hell Wisconsin. I may end up voting against this one with my feet. 

This one is a huge win for the Republicans.

Minnesota's 7th district

Republicans

flipped

this seat

Candidate

Votes

Pct.

Michelle Fischbach

gop

53.6%

Collin Peterson*

dem

39.8%

100% of precincts reporting (1,329/1,329)

*Incumbent

46 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

This one is a huge win for the Republicans.

Minnesota's 7th district

Republicans

flipped

this seat

Candidate

Votes

Pct.

Michelle Fischbach

gop

53.6%

Collin Peterson*

dem

39.8%

100% of precincts reporting (1,329/1,329)

*Incumbent

Was Huzy running ? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Arizona 207 passed, making pot legal and enacting an excise tax. I'm OK with this, except for the tax part 

AZ 208 also looks like it will pass. This is a terrible idea. Jacks up tax rates on high earners and small business owners. I moved here partly because of the individualist nature of the politics and lower taxes than tax hell Wisconsin. I may end up voting against this one with my feet. 

This is exactly more evidence of the exodus of CA into AZ and bringing the policies they are fleeing with them.  AZ unfortunately I think will end of being the lynch pin that lost it for Trump.  I would say its conservative no more.

8 minutes ago, F3600 said:

This is exactly more evidence of the exodus of CA into AZ and bringing the policies they are fleeing with them.  AZ unfortunately I think will end of being the lynch pin that lost it for Trump.  I would say its conservative no more.

Yep.  Both state senators are dems.  Tax rate is now like a blue state.  Gestapo traffic cameras all over the place.  It's like a warmer, pretty Illinois now.

6 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Thank god.  Last thing we need in the senate are any more Democrats.

Please...he is a mealy mouthed flip flopper....must be why you like him.🤣🤣
J/K...just busting some ongoing election balls.✌🏼🇺🇸👍🏼

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

6 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Thank god.  Last thing we need in the senate are any more Democrats.

agreed but graham is a complete piece of garbage and like Biden and Pelosi everything thats wrong with our sysytem.  

Split control is for the best in this country

• Thanks 3

19 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

agreed but graham is a complete piece of garbage and like Biden and Pelosi everything thats wrong with our sysytem.  

Split control is for the best in this country

Agreed especially about Graham...just awful.

The dems were so extraordinarily bipartisan to this POTUS its only right for the GOP to return the favor.  :lol:  Most times nothing is better than something when it comes to govt.

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

The dems were so extraordinarily bipartisan to this POTUS its only right for the GOP to return the favor.  :lol:  Most times nothing is better than something when it comes to govt.

yes the GOP was so cooperative in 09/10 with Obama SMH

• Like 1

On 11/3/2020 at 1:25 PM, Angry ginger said:

1stdistrict.JPG

Those living at home in other states learning remotly were allowed to cast a absentee ballot in NH.

18 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Those living at home in other states learning remotly were allowed to cast a absentee ballot in NH.

it's fucking retarded.   if your drivers license states MA you should be voting MA,  if it states Amherst NH you should be voting in 2nd district not 1st.  if you have fully moved here,  have an apartment lease, car reg and DL in NH then you can vote but that is rarely the case.