Check your account email address ×

Final predictions.

I'm having a hard time seeing trump's path to victory right now, if he does win it's a slim margin and an even bigger disparity between the popular vote and electoral college than last time. I don't care who wins, we're fucked anyway so I'm voting Jorgensen tomorrow in person. Will be voting for our current dem district 2 rep as I think he is a good dude and Susan Collins probably for senate as I really don't like Gideon...

Edited by GGNHL

1 minute ago, GGNHL said:

I'm having a hard time seeing trump's path to victory right now, if he does win it's a slim margin and an even bigger disparity between the popular vote and electoral college than last time. I don't care who wins, we're fucked anyway so I'm voting Jorgensen tomorrow in person. 

You district 2?   District 2 votes matter in 1 it's easy to vote ones conscience.  

11 minutes ago, Highmark said:

If Trump turns out enough for re-election then the GOP will maintain the Senate.

Agreed.   I am only concerned to be honest if the dems get all 3 branches.  I can live with Biden as long as the Pubs keep the senate as disgusting as McConnell, Graham and Co are

• Thanks 2

Biden wins due to lifelong repubs fed up with Trump the person. 

Dems take both sides of congress. 

Media celebrates their 4 years of incessant bias paying off and is emboldened to double down on calling everyone a racist. 

Trump wins, keeps senate and if there is a god in heaven......house tips back to R control.  Of course, then we can probably count on them fucking it up like the last time they held a majority in both houses.

*Christianity reference for Greg

• Platinum Contributing Member

I honestly can't call this one like I did in 2016.   The outliers are very positive for Trump but we still can't completely ignore the polls yet.

It honestly could be anywhere from Biden winning huge to Trump winning huge and every scenario in-between.   

If Trump wins Rep. hold or only lose a senate seat or 2,  no way they get the house. 

If Biden wins probably gets the senate or picks up at least 2 seats, adds to house majority. 

Never thought it would be even close, thought Trump would win in a landslide, he may still but it wouldn't surprise me if Biden won now. I heard a pollster state that Trump won the margins in the rural areas by a fair amount over Hillary, and said he won't beat Biden by as much in those same areas.

23 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I honestly can't call this one like I did in 2016.   The outliers are very positive for Trump but we still can't completely ignore the polls yet.

It honestly could be anywhere from Biden winning huge to Trump winning huge and every scenario in-between.   

I think it's either Biden in a fairly close one, or Trump in a landslide.  But I'm in the same boat with regards to reading what's gonna happen.

Obviously Trump has a HUGE enthusiasm gap in his favor... but that probably speaks as much to Biden being about as exciting as a Soviet automobile as it does to Trump's popularity.  95% of Biden voters will vote that way out of exhaustion rather than enthusiasm IMO.  That's why I think the righties are putting way too much stock in the "enthusiasm" column.  The Biden support could largely be the 'silent' group this time around.

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

Trump wins. Dems take the senate and keep the house. 

If Trump wins and the dems take the senate I think that would be the worst possible scenario. Fucking grid lock and who knows what kind of shit they will try to hang trump with for the next 4 years. Id rather have Biden win with a dem senate and house they will spend like drunken sailors and Ill probably make some pretty good money for the next 4 years. Next best scenario is Trump wins and Pubes hold the senate. There will still be some drunken sailor spending then. 

35 minutes ago, Matt said:

Biden wins due to lifelong repubs fed up with Trump the person. 

Dems take both sides of congress. 

Media celebrates their 4 years of incessant bias paying off and is emboldened to double down on calling everyone a racist. 

That would be a disaster. I think trump with a dem Congress has the potential to be a very good thing. It would tame trump and create some balance.

Trump wouldn’t need to kiss up to any republicans and none would be kissing up to him. Trump with some feather clippage, but some remaining fortitude could be a very good thing for the country. I also think that trump wants a legacy other than what he’s got now. 

4 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

That would be a disaster. I think trump with a dem Congress has the potential to be a very good thing. It would tame trump and create some balance.

Trump wouldn’t need to kiss up to any republicans and none would be kissing up to him. Trump with some feather clippage, but some remaining fortitude could be a very good thing for the country. I also think that trump wants a legacy other than what he’s got now. 

How many more fake impeachments can they do and get anything done?   Trump wins and the dems keep the house at least 3 more will happen over the next 4 years.

Nothing sane will get out of the house controlled by the dems.   If it does get thru a democrap Senate Trump would veto everything.   Nothing getting done can be better than shitty legislation passing. 

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

How many more fake impeachments can they do and get anything done?   Trump wins and the dems keep the house at least 3 more will happen over the next 4 years.

Trump deserves it. If he’d settle down and act like a statesman things could change. He’s never got the message that governing a nation isn’t like running a business. 

6 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Trump deserves it. If he’d settle down and act like a statesman things could change. He’s never got the message that governing a nation isn’t like running a business. 

Bullshit.   You don't impeach the President because you don't like what he tweets.   You also don't impeach the President just because you couldn't beat them and you are so power crazy you will do anything to get it.   Ask yourself what is more fucked up than that?

• Like 1

Just now, Highmark said:

Bullshit.   You don't impeach the President because you don't like what he tweets.   You also don't impeach the President just because you couldn't beat them and you are so power crazy you will do anything to get it.   Ask yourself what is more fucked up than that?

Trump’s behavior as president of the United States. 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

i concur.   that would be the best case scenario for America IMO.