Check your account email address ×

Open season on conservative judges

Snake

On Monday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “Rachel Maddow Show,” Senate Judiciary Committee member Sen. Chris Coons (D-DE) said that there should be a “wide-open conversation” on rebalancing the courts, including the circuit and district courts, where there are “hundreds” of judges who shouldn’t “be allowed to sit peaceably without our re-examining the process, the results, and the consequences.”

Coons said, “[W]e’ve got to have a wide-open conversation about how do we rebalance our courts. Yes, the two Supreme Court [seats] that have been stolen through these processes that are just wildly hypocritical have been used to jam through partisan nominees. But we’ve got to look at our federal courts as a whole, Rachel. Because we’ve seen hundreds of conservative judges put on circuit courts and district courts all over this country in the last four years, in many cases, too young, too unqualified, and too far right to be allowed to sit peaceably without our re-examining the process, the results, and the consequences.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020/10/26/coons-hundreds-of-trumps-lower-court-judges-shouldnt-be-allowed-to-sit-peaceably/

5 minutes ago, Snake said:

It's funny though cause Hussein left all those empty judge seats to be filled by Hillary. :lol:

Well the media had a lot of folks convinced Trump had no chance. And they’re trying to do it again...

3 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Unqualified is everyone Trump and his minions have hired or appointed during his term.

Hard to believe how utterly ignorant this statement is.  Name everyone of them and why you feel they are unqualified.  Hell, I bet you can't even name half of the "hired or appointed by trump"

Edited by racer254

21 minutes ago, Snake said:

Too bad RBG was such an egotistical hack and wanted to make history with Hillary.

What a fucking legacy that woman left... :lmao:

What a celebration it would of been. 
Ran that old horse into the ground for nothing.  

9 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Hard to believe how utterly ignorant this statement is.  Name everyone of them and why you feel they are unqualified.  Hell, I bet you and even name half of the "hired or appointed by trump"

He can’t he’s the dumbest of the dumb on this site

3 hours ago, Snake said:

Too bad RBG was such an egotistical hack and wanted to make history with Hillary.

What a fucking legacy that woman left... :lmao:

Pretty much

she could have stepped down and been replaced by Obama but nope

There's a fundamental misunderstanding on the left what courts are supposed to be for. The right appoints judges and justices who will interpret the laws as written and intended. The left views the courts as a way of getting shit done that they can't push through the proper legislative arm of the government so they appoint "activist" judges. 

Everyone in Washington should need to be tested on constitutional knowledge annually... And the test should be challenging. 

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

There's a fundamental misunderstanding on the left what courts are supposed to be for. The right appoints judges and justices who will interpret the laws as written and intended. The left views the courts as a way of getting shit done that they can't push through the proper legislative arm of the government so they appoint "activist" judges. 

Everyone in Washington should need to be tested on constitutional knowledge annually... And the test should be challenging. 

*looks at Smales*

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

*looks at Smales*

Looking right back at you because clearly you need a test on The Constitution Mr. Phony Conservative. 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

5 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

From the likes of you?  Sure thing A. Czervick Smales III.  :lol: 

Instead of pontification and bloviation you try education...you aren’t Conservative nor do you understand The Constitution. Take for example your favorite war that you love to defend despite the obvious quagmire it was...

http://albionmonitor.com/0402a/iraqwarunconstitutional.html

5 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Literally one of the jobs of the President is to appoint judges and we have people acting like he got away with something. :lol:

I think it was 100% legit and my only issue is  with the mealy mouthed Republican Senators that did 180’s on the timing. I’ll also be waiting for the outrage if Biden wins and expands the court because that is allowed by The Constitution as well. 👍🏼

2 hours ago, Matt said:

I understand that as well Matt hence the reputation of the activist 9th Circuit. Look I don’t claim to be some expert on The Constitution whatsoever...I had a class or two in college and I try to educate myself and I would venture most here could use a refresher on it.👍🏼🇺🇸

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I think it was 100% legit and my only issue is  with the mealy mouthed Republican Senators that did 180’s on the timing. I’ll also be waiting for the outrage if Biden wins and expands the court because that is allowed by The Constitution as well. 👍🏼

Well but he can’t unilaterally expand the court. 

2 hours ago, SSFB said:

Well but he can’t unilaterally expand the court. 

I understand but if Biden wins and the Dems control Congress then he can. 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Had the democrats had a modicum of class they would have not shit on Cavanaugh.

Like Smales' brother said... he would not have gone forward but for that.

Don't shit where you eat moron.