Check your account email address ×

Study: Repeal Of Wisconsin's Prevailing Wage Law Led To Drop In Wages For Construction Workers

4 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Go on any Wi. DOT job site and look at the posted wage white sheets, you'll be surprised at what construction people make per hour, even unskilled Laborers make more than most of us here make.

They used to make more. 

Can’t speak for WI , but I know lots of people in the trades.  Everyone says the same thing.  Young people do not want to work.  I would pay top dollar for a good employee.  How much should you be paying someone on their phone,  who can’t make it in 5 days a week.  My son just started working for my neighbor,  who is a builder.   Guy was telling me even though he has little skills, he is the best employee he has because he shows up on time and ready to work. 

2 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Can’t speak for WI , but I know lots of people in the trades.  Everyone says the same thing.  Young people do not want to work.  I would pay top dollar for a good employee.  How much should you be paying someone on their phone,  who can’t make it in 5 days a week.  My son just started working for my neighbor,  who is a builder.   Guy was telling me even though he has little skills, he is the best employee he has because he shows up on time and ready to work. 

That's about the only skill one needs going forward.

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Sucking on the taxpayer tit.

4 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Yep, construction workers are a drain on society. 

Well to be fair this Arctic Crusher Jabronie is a bigger narcissist than Cheetolini so take his comments with a cave of salt. 🤣

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Well to be fair this Arctic Crusher is a bigger narcissist than Cheetolini so take his comments with a cave of salt. 🤣

I have some paint brushes that need cleaning, any suggestions?

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Well to be fair this Arctic Crusher Jabronie is a bigger narcissist than Cheetolini so take his comments with a cave of salt. 🤣

Ask how much his house is worth.  It’s gotta be up the $19m by now. 

1 hour ago, XCR1250 said:

Go on any Wi. DOT job site and look at the posted wage white sheets, you'll be surprised at what construction people make per hour, even unskilled Laborers make more than most of us here make.

Sounds like they repealed that

33 minutes ago, ACE said:

I find it amazing that the low IQ left still can’t see that wages are based on supply and demand 

No you are low IQ. Public works jobs wages are tied to prevailing wage LAWS. They are not based on supply and demand. Public works contractors took it in the shorts with this repeal. 

11 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Repealed what? White Sheets are posted on-site for workers and the public to view.

Those are the prevailing wage rates. The OP says those were repealed

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

Those are the prevailing wage rates. The OP says those were repealed

You need to view them, those wages posted are the minimum the Contractor is required to pay, if it's been changed the new wages must be posted by Law.

Since I am guessing nobody here is a public works contractor you dont know how it works. Prevailing wages are established by county and by trade. Those are the minimum wages that are to be paid for those respective trades in those counties included benefits. At the end of the job you are required by law to submit certified payrolls that show you paid the prevailing wage laws. If you are found in violation of NOT paying the prevailing wages you will be brought up on charges by the Department of labor for violation of labor law practices and will go on a public "shit list" that shows the world you are a cheater. 

Repeal of prevailing wages has been a practice by many republicans in various states to use as a union killer as most prevailing wages are tied to the union rates of those areas. Repealing those wages means the contractors can pay whatever they want as long as it is above minimum wage. However, most public works contractors have collective bargaining agreements so they still have to pay the union rates which gives non union contractors the advantage. 

3 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

You need to view them, those wages posted are the minimum the Contractor is required to pay, if it's been changed the new wages must be posted by Law.

Right its the prevailing wages. I am a public works contractor, I know what those are.