Check your account email address ×

Cuomo raids snowmobile trail fund

• Platinum Contributing Member

What a fucking piece of shit this guy is..

NYS Parks has just announced to NYSSA that New York State is planning on withholding 20% of snowmobiler funds from the program for the 2020/2021 season. These are monies that only come from snowmobilers that register their snowmobiles. These are not monies that belong in the general fund, they are 100% from snowmobilers for snowmobile trail maintenance. Taking this money is taking money directly out of snowmobilers pockets! This is one unhappy director and will be asking for help to ensure NYS understands exactly how unhappy we will be if those funds do not stay with the snowmobile fund.

• Sad 2

So what can we do about this theft of the trail fund?
It’s happened before and NYSSA has taken the position they won’t dare do it again after our response last time. Well guess what? It happened again so now instead of stealing 22% of the registration fees the state will now keep 42% and do nothing for it plus all of the highway tax money they keep. Not to mention. The sales and land taxes generated by this sport.
This state does nothing for the sport other than steal funds , use it for cheap photo ops amd walk on it like a cheap door mat. Do you ever see them do that to any environmental cause, horse group or illegals?
You can do what you want but I will not support nyssa at all as they were asleep at the wheel again. 
The so called key employees have only personal agendas they pay attention to and the lobbyist who’s paid $66k plus a year to provide access at the table and be in front of issues like this have failed us again. Why do we sign contracts (no bid) with this useless group year after year? If you need proof just look at this and the recently posed extended season hunting bill exposed here a short time ago. That bill has been going around Albany since last year yet we all find out about it on fakebook 11 months later. This group needs a reset and the key players need to be retired.
As far as the state it is what it is and we know what they are capable of from the Patterson eta when they took a million only to take another
Million and then gave it back. Meanwhile nyssa painted the picture we got the money back for you😂😂👍👍 and when confronted about it they said it was the best we could do.
So at this time I’ll support a boycott of nyssa and registering your sleds.
Do the right thing and give your money to the clubs because they are the ones who are going to be affected the most. Most have little money and help is almost non existent.
Do what you want but that’s on my radar now.

34 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

NYS Parks has just announced to NYSSA that New York State is planning on withholding 20% of snowmobiler funds from the program for the 2020/2021 season. These are monies that only come from snowmobilers that register their snowmobiles. These are not monies that belong in the general fund, they are 100% from snowmobilers for snowmobile trail maintenance. Taking this money is taking money directly out of snowmobilers pockets! This is one unhappy director and will be asking for help to ensure NYS understands exactly how unhappy we will be if those funds do not stay with the snowmobile fund.

fucking cunt needs a boot to the pussy .

Do you vuys have a state club with a webpagr/ magazine? Do they do the ask your represenitve section? Our dose it every election send out a list of snomobile related questions to every rep them print spread sheet of yes/,no  answers .

With the no we do have a paid lobist in mn and he is sent to find out why and attempt to change there mind 

2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Do you vuys have a state club with a webpagr/ magazine? Do they do the ask your represenitve section? Our dose it every election send out a list of snomobile related questions to every rep them print spread sheet of yes/,no  answers .

With the no we do have a paid lobist in mn and he is sent to find out why and attempt to change there mind 

I'm waiting for MN to do the same myself. 

Looking forward to maybe getting out and just riding more this year.

19 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

We have the NYSSA.. They are not a club, but are supposed to represent all the clubs in the state.. Usually a few clubs per county depending on the amount of trails per the area and if they are in the snow belt. Tug Hill for instance is in Lewis county and probably have 4+ clubs.

2 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

Peaceful Protest!

I think last the NYSSA had everyone write emails to the state reps and Cuomo to let him know we are watching what they are doing...Cuomo should get a few of those rich liberal pretenders out in the Hamptons to pony up the tiny bit of cash he is planning on lifting...

39 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I'm waiting for MN to do the same myself. 

Looking forward to maybe getting out and just riding more this year.

Won't happen.  They will try but our state constitution won't allow them to rape out trail sticker or gas tax attacked to number of registered sleds .

Mnusa worked hard  on the wording yrs back for that .

• Like 1

I register all of my snowmobiles in michigan or wisconsin. Lately wisconsin because they have easy online registration and that is where I ride the most so the money should go there.

Start registering your sleds in a neighboring state or even wisconsin. I don't know if you guys have to buy trail passes as well. 

15 minutes ago, Anler said:

I register all of my snowmobiles in michigan or wisconsin. Lately wisconsin because they have easy online registration and that is where I ride the most so the money should go there.

Start registering your sleds in a neighboring state or even wisconsin. I don't know if you guys have to buy trail passes as well. 

still need to pay NY so that doesn't work

All the NE states work that way but VT where they have a separate reg and trail pass.  used to have reciprocal where you could reg in one and ride 3 states but money got in the way of that.  

27 minutes ago, Anler said:

If you want to ride in NY you have to have NY registration,..$100/sled at the DMV, do it through a club and it saves you $30 I think...

Then if you want to ride in Old Forge you have to buy one of their trail passes for their trails..I don't know what that costs,.it's where all the tourists ride who want to go "ski-dooing" so I don't go over that way..

2 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

If you want to ride in NY you have to have NY registration,..$100/sled at the DMV, do it through a club and it saves you $30 I think...

Then if you want to ride in Old Forge you have to buy one of their trail passes for their trails..I don't know what that costs,.it's where all the tourists ride who want to go "ski-dooing" so I don't go over that way..

I was thinking, that'd be a great place for Cuomo to acquire some extra fundage.:lol:The hamptons of ski-dooing!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

@01mxz800 will probably know more.  I believe he is highly involved in his club.

I am just hearing about this, the last time he robbed the fund we got it back but not after a long legal battle THIS IS NOT TAXPAYER MONEY but money paid by those who ride, NOTR HIS TO TAKE, not only is this happening the dec wants to extend deer season 2 weeks fucking the snowmobilers even more, starting to get sick of this sport, few more years of this shit and I might just say fuck it:wall:

Edited by 01mxz800
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

I am just hearing about this, the last time he robbed the fund we got it back but not after a long legal battle, not only is this happening the dec wants to extend deer season 2 weeks fucking the snowmobilers even more, starting to get sick of this sport, few more years of this shit and I might just say fuck it:wall:

Are you with Weedsports club? 

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

still need to pay NY so that doesn't work

All the NE states work that way but VT where they have a separate reg and trail pass.  used to have reciprocal where you could reg in one and ride 3 states but money got in the way of that.  

I wish ya could pay $200 or so and get all 3 states.

3 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

So what can we do about this theft of the trail fund?
It’s happened before and NYSSA has taken the position they won’t dare do it again after our response last time. Well guess what? It happened again so now instead of stealing 22% of the registration fees the state will now keep 42% and do nothing for it plus all of the highway tax money they keep. Not to mention. The sales and land taxes generated by this sport.
This state does nothing for the sport other than steal funds , use it for cheap photo ops amd walk on it like a cheap door mat. Do you ever see them do that to any environmental cause, horse group or illegals?
You can do what you want but I will not support nyssa at all as they were asleep at the wheel again. 
The so called key employees have only personal agendas they pay attention to and the lobbyist who’s paid $66k plus a year to provide access at the table and be in front of issues like this have failed us again. Why do we sign contracts (no bid) with this useless group year after year? If you need proof just look at this and the recently posed extended season hunting bill exposed here a short time ago. That bill has been going around Albany since last year yet we all find out about it on fakebook 11 months later. This group needs a reset and the key players need to be retired.
As far as the state it is what it is and we know what they are capable of from the Patterson eta when they took a million only to take another
Million and then gave it back. Meanwhile nyssa painted the picture we got the money back for you😂😂👍👍 and when confronted about it they said it was the best we could do.
So at this time I’ll support a boycott of nyssa and registering your sleds.
Do the right thing and give your money to the clubs because they are the ones who are going to be affected the most. Most have little money and help is almost non existent.
Do what you want but that’s on my radar now.

In NYSSA's defense, they were expecting a raid but were assured it wasn't going to happen, they will begin the process to recover the funds like they did the last time, this is another attempt by fucking Cuomo to rob everyone and everything he can, I am not holding NYSSA at fault here as it was out of their hands

Send the story to all the local radio and TV stations . Hit every social media site .

Have the marketing guys ad campaign guys any one involved in any forum of publishing/media/PR  in the clubs. Have them get a message together. A plan of attack and get ever member of every club in on the blitz  and don't stop.  

If need be flood the capital with sledders and cameras with media in toe . Get in there face with questions every day flood the phones and paper mail and email boxes every day every hr . Office and personal  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

just to clarify what is going on the clubs have already received their 70% funding checks, the 20% Cuomo is trying to steal will come from the 30% check that come in March or April so it's not a big a loss as 1 would think, MOST clubs will be able to weather the storm and hopefully this can be resolve prior to the release of the 30% checks, what would help the clubs the most would be to join the club directly and NOT through the NYSSA site which puts the money directly into the clubs coffers. Luckily our club has completed our major capitol projects in the last couple of years and have a pretty good nest egg to get us by, we have 3 more payments on our Tucker and that will not be a issue anymore so providing we don't have a catastrophic issue come up we should be fine, but supporting the clubs directly either through membership or supporting their fund raising efforts is the best thing for everyone

5 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

You really shouldn’t believe everything you see on Facebook.  

ACC768AE-88F8-4B43-8816-BE43628C0FED.jpeg

They tried to cut our funding by 10% this year in Maine and there was a huge volume of calls we all out into our state congress and we've been assured those cuts are now off the table, will have to see how that progresses. We get by with $6500 per year in state funding plus whatever we can get in donations and they wanna go after that tiny slice of pie. :flush:

42 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

You really shouldn’t believe everything you see on Facebook.  

ACC768AE-88F8-4B43-8816-BE43628C0FED.jpeg

Cool story bro, right from the NYSSA.. ffs..