Check your account email address ×

Trump paid his daughter Ivanka $747,622 for 'consulting,' then deducted it from his taxes, according to a New York Times investigation

Mainecat

• Platinum Contributing Member
19 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Oh, so a consulting fee is illegal?? Bonuses are legal?? FYI, my last bonus was for me negotiating lower shipping rates,..all's I did was talk and use my knowledge in the world of logistics..So I call it a bonus, but definitely could have be a consulting fee..Is there any difference?? I got paid extra for a job well done..

Read the article...it explains consulting fees and when they can be deducted.

1 hour ago, JEFF said:

How about we direct some of this scrutiny at the financial situations kids of both contenders running for president? Not just one.

59 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Ivanka and her husband have security clearances and work in an official capacity.

21 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Jim didn't notice that too

I was responding to the first post...If Joe wins and installs Hunter in the Whitehouse have at it. 

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:
  • A New York Times investigation into President Donald Trump's tax filings found that from 2010 to 2018, Trump wrote off about $26 million in unexplained consulting fees.
  • Among them was $747,622 written off by the Trump Organization, the same amount his daughter Ivanka Trump reported receiving in consulting fees, according to The Times.
  • The payment appeared to be related to managing hotel deals that were already part of her job, according to the newspaper. Reporters matched the number to one his daughter disclosed when she joined the White House in 2017.

https://www.insider.com/trump-paid-ivanka-700000-plus-for-consulting-times-investigation-says-2020-9?fbclid=IwAR1HpBBV0MUblkMs5BVc2iWoFqmvxtbEqvk9IpvKg1ZojsoDD01f4Y51xtU

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

A11F8A6C-6420-4CBC-B248-C00F2947ADF8.jpeg.5bf193f547e0cd27efb4e94208a1611b.jpegD311C45B-90F3-412E-B5D6-6CA7BC23B372.thumb.jpeg.68d7b50f3c18cdbbc110d931d6c9c839.jpeg

You two gonna cry like little bitches after tonight? Or you going to go " missing" again?

59 minutes ago, Highmark said:

At $83,069 a year?  This was from 2010 to 2018

do you think she wasn't making enough to be in the top bucket?  As long as her returns report the income that trumps returns say he paid it's a nothing burger designed to stir up low iq lefties.  

Not sure who drank more kool aid this year,  MC or Woolie.  

8 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

do you think she wasn't making enough to be in the top bucket?  As long as her returns report the income that trumps returns say he paid it's a nothing burger designed to stir up low iq lefties.  

Not sure who drank more kool aid this year,  MC or Woolie.  

Probably.   My comment was only the consulting fee they are claiming.

20 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

You two gonna cry like little bitches after tonight? Or you going to go " missing" again?

When did I go missing and do you really think I GAF what some Jagoff Maritimer thinks about anything?🤣

6 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

guy your sides no better.  

Ummmmm, no after the last 4 years the Dumbs are way worse even you can see that.

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Rent free in your fat curd filled head. 🤣👍🏼

Don't flatter your obese, fat self...........the only time I ever really think about you is when my dog takes a BM. I like to refer to it as JS. :lmao: 

27 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Ummmmm, no after the last 4 years the Dumbs are way worse even you can see that.

Don't flatter your obese, fat self...........the only time I ever really think about you is when my dog takes a BM. I like to refer to it as JS. :lmao: 

Yeah...I’m not in your head.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

23 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Have these tax returns been made public yet? I would like to see all these claims being made instead of being spoon fed someone else's opinion.

16 minutes ago, JEFF said:

This

He won’t make them public and now we know why...his whole image and schtick is based on the perception that he is a billionaire business savant. Clearly he is not. 

51 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

It depends and it’s still presumably being investigated...that’s why I said it’s a bit muddy.

Jim, who's doing the investigation?? insider.com?? :lol:

They gonna start sending subpoenas out or something??

16 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

He won’t make them public and now we know why...his whole image and schtick is based on the perception that he is a billionaire business savant. Clearly he is not. 

Insider.com could same with nyt...but no, they are just spoon feeding their opinion to the sheep because they probably have nothing

30 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Not him. The people leaking it. I know the answer, as they never will. They will drip out what they can contort and manipulate to the grazers but never actually show them.