Check your account email address ×

20 Dead in Gay Club Shooting.....

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

And people like you keep pushing this rhetoric.  All the while you push hatred on US, how does that go with your coexist bumper sticker?

WTF are you talking about? Would you want to kill someone that killed your family?

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I'd have to go back and look but aren't most of these shootings done by registered Democrats?  I'm pretty sure I read an amazing article about that somewhere.  Hmmmm

And Snowrider...what a bunch of hypocritical liberal bullshit you are spewing...INCREDULOUS!!!!  You and people like you are why gun laws aren't getting passed.  You are nothing but a left wing nut job.  And a fucking pussy.  Go away.  Find somewhere else to sling that shit.  Maybe a gay bar in Orlando....two days ago.  You can be the one standing up defending Islam while all of it was taking place.  

:lol: You're the pussy :bc: 

3 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

I own guns.  I'm for a comprehensive approach - it's ridiculous I can walk into any gun store and immediately walk out with a weapon.  No class. No mental evaluation. Minimal background check.  No references. No time time delay.  No proof of gun safe.  If you don't want your rights infringed on then your better speak out against the NRA's hardline position of opposing any gun law discussions.  Otherwise - the tide will turn and the restrictions will be greater than you desire.  

Where can you do this???? what state.

In IL you have waiting periods and background checks even for gun shows no such thing exists. Cant just walk in and out witha FOID card and even then you have a federal check to get your foid card and a additional check and waiting period before you get the firearm.

Edited by Wildcat

Just now, Capt.Storm said:

I can buy a rifle or shotgun in Ny and bring it home the same day.

Just have to fill out a paper and they do a instant background check. 

Either way you had a federal background check to get your Firearms card no? and another on the spot check. So.... not like anyone can walk in and out with a gun as he is trying to insinuate.

5 minutes ago, Wildcat said:

Where can you do this???? what state.

In IL you have waiting periods and background checks even for gun shows no such thing exists. Can just walk in and out without a FOID card and even then you have a federal check to get your foid card and a additional check and waiting period before you get the firearm.

:news:

http://smartgunlaws.org/background-checks-in-wisconsin/

Wisconsin is a point of contact state for handgun purchaser background checks only. In Wisconsin, firearms dealers must initiate the background check required by federal law by contacting the Wisconsin Department of Justice (“DOJ”). For long gun (rifle and shotgun) transfers, dealers must contact the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

Before sale of a handgun, a handgun dealer must request a records search from DOJ and receive a confirmation number confirming the request. In 2015, Wisconsin repealed a long-standing requirement that the dealer must then wait 48 hours before transferring the handgun. The new law provides that the dealer may transfer the handgun upon receiving an approval number from DOJ. If the DOJ search indicates that is unclear whether the potential purchaser is prohibited from purchasing a firearm, DOmust notify the dealer of the results no later than 5 working days after the search was requested. ((Id.))

Regarding a prospective handgun transferee, the dealer must do the following, in the sequence listed, to obtain the proper information prior to requesting an approval number from DOJ:

• Require each handgun transferee to show to the dealer a reliable identification document, such as a motor vehicle operator’s license or state-issued identification card that includes the licensee or card holder’s photograph;
  • Inspect the transferee’s identification document, including the photograph, and ensure that it accurately and reliably identifies the transferee;
  • Require the transferee to complete, in triplicate, an official DOJ-issued notification form. The dealer shall provide one copy to the transferee when either the handgun is transferred or when notification of non-approval is given to the transferee. Within 24 hours after the dealer receives DOJ notification that the transfer is either approved or not approved, the dealer shall mail one copy of the completed form to DOJ. The dealer shall retain the completed original form; and
  • Following the transferee’s completion of the notification form, the dealer shall telephone DOJ and request a record search, conveying all material information on the notification form to DOJ.

Wisconsin law specifies that particular searches that DOJ must conduct to determine whether a person is prohibited from possessing a firearm under various provisions of Wisconsin and federal law.

Wisconsin does not require private sellers (sellers who are not licensed dealers) to initiate a background check when transferring a firearm.

Edited by SnowRider

Just now, Wildcat said:

Either way you had a federal background check to get your Firearms card no? and another on the spot check. So.... not like anyone can walk in and out with a gun as he is trying to insinuate.

No I have no firearm card. I don't own a pistol -which you do need a permit for.

2 minutes ago, Wildcat said:

Not what I'm insuating....the process is way to easy and fast to purchase a weapon.  You're talking out of both sides of your mouth - in one hand you want laws but on the other hand you don't want them to be easy. 

1 minute ago, Capt.Storm said:

No I have no firearm card. I don't own a pistol -which you do need a permit for.

That is fucked for sure. Yet you guys cant have mags... Dont get it:o The instant check they do on you is probably close to what they do when you get a FOID card here just in a faster process.

As far as Wisc goes you still have to have a Firearms card to do private transfers. I can tell you shit is tight in IL and i dont have any issues with it.

This guy was on the FBI's radar and still passed a background check. Probably should have been left on NICS delay for an indefinte amount of time

Why eliminate the 48 hours?

Before sale of a handgun, a handgun dealer must request a records search from DOJ and receive a confirmation number confirming the request. In 2015, Wisconsin repealed a long-standing requirement that the dealer must then wait 48 hours before transferring the handgun. The new law provides that the dealer may transfer the handgun upon receiving an approval number from DOJ. If the DOJ search indicates that is unclear whether the potential purchaser is prohibited from purchasing a firearm, DOmust notify the dealer of the results no later than 5 working days after the search was requested. ((Id.))

Dianne Feinstein, the senior Senator from California, who is leading the gun control push in the Senate said in a 1995 interview, after getting her assault weapons ban passed, “If I could have banned them all – ‘Mr. and Mrs. America turn in your guns’ – I would have!” Video below

The Obama administration’s Attorney General Eric Holder doesn’t suggest banning or confiscating guns. He just thinks we should brainwash the American people into wanting to get rid of guns.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYyqBxD-3xw[/youtube]

The only way we can truly be safe and prevent further gun violence is to ban civilian ownership of all guns. That means everything.No pistols, no revolvers, no semiautomatic or automatic rifles. No bolt action. No breaking actions or falling blocks. Nothing. This is the
only thing that we can possibly do to keep our children safe from both mass murder and common street violence. 
Unfortunately, right now we can't. The political will is there, but the institutions are not. Honestly, this is a good thing. If we passed a law tomorrow banning all firearms, we would have massive noncompliance. What we need to do is establish the regulatory and informational institutions first. This is how we do it...

7 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Not what I'm insuating....the process is way to easy and fast to purchase a weapon.  You're talking out of both sides of your mouth - in one hand you want laws but on the other hand you don't want them to be easy. 

No matter how you want to cut it I am right. Weather or not you have a waiting period or a "firearms" card you are getting a background check PERIOD. Instant or not. Like said i am in IL and ours is 1 day for a long arm and 3 days for a pistol. Im totally cool with that. But either way there are checks.

10 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

The amount of time it takes to get a firearm would have no bearing in this case or many others as none of the perps had bought the gun that day.  FFS.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wildcat said:

No matter how you want to cut it I am right. Weather or not you have a waiting period or a "firearms" card you are getting a background check PERIOD. Instant or not. Like said i am in IL and ours is 1 day for a long arm and 3 days for a pistol. Im totally cool with that. But either way there are checks.

No shit.  Look at WI eliminating the 48 hours.  They are not comprehensive enough....that's my point.  Waiting periods should be mandatory.  Who needs a gun immediately? 

image.jpeg

From Missouri, an actual ban with confiscation, that would make existing current law abiding gun owners into criminals with the stroke of a pen:
Missouri Democrats Introduce Legislation to Confiscate Firearms – Gives Gun Owners 90 Days to Turn in Weapons

4. Any person who, prior to the effective date of this law, was legally in possession of an assault weapon or large capacity magazine shall have ninety days from such effective date to do any of the following without being subject to prosecution:

(1) Remove the assault weapon or large capacity magazine from the state of Missouri;
(2) Render the assault weapon permanently inoperable; or
(3) Surrender the assault weapon or large capacity magazine to the appropriate law enforcement agency for destruction, subject to specific agency regulations.
5. Unlawful manufacture, import, possession, purchase, sale, or transfer of an assault weapon or a large capacity magazine is a class C felony.

5 minutes ago, Wildcat said:

2 minutes ago, racer254 said:

The amount of time it takes to get a firearm would have no bearing in this case or many others as none of the perps had bought the gun that day.  FFS.

Kitty cat - advocates like your buddy Doe Dumber are going to do more harm than good for your cause in the long run.  You're cool with a waiting period - Doe Dumber offers excuses.  You need to deal with him before you come concentrate on the anti gun crowd. :bc: