Check your account email address ×

Go Trump

DI Poll: Trump Leads Biden Nationally, Key Battlegrounds

president donald trump gives a thumbs up
President Donald Trump (Carolyn Kaster/AP)

By Solange Reyner    |   Sunday, 30 August 2020 03:45 PM

A new poll predicts a landslide victory for President Donald Trump this November.

Trump leads Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden by 3 percentage points in the latest Democracy Institute/Sunday Express poll 48%-45%, with pollsters predicting Trump will rout Biden in delegates, 309-229, as the president holds a lead over the former vice president in the swing states of Florida, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin.

"Although Biden remains in a competitive race with Donald Trump, and may well do so until election day, his support isn't growing," said Democracy Institute director Patrick Basham, who believes Biden has already hit his "high watermark."  

"And, tellingly, almost all of the issues that matter most to voters are trending in President Trump's favor."

Thirty-seven percent of Americans surveyed by DI said law and order was the top political issue, while 27% said they were concerned about the economy and keeping their current job or getting a new one.

"In any political campaign, there's a moment that tells you which way the electoral wind is blowing," Basham told the Express. "That moment arrived on Wednesday. Joe Biden restated his support for peaceful protests but, crucially, condemned the violence that has come to dominate the monthslong nationwide protest movement.

"When a candidate changes his tune three quarters of the way through a race, it is not because he knows he holds a winning hand.

"He does so because the electoral ground is shifting beneath his feet."

Polling by DI has previously predicted both the 2016 U.S. election and Brexit.

Six Democrat MN Mayors Endorse Trump: Democrats ‘Left Us,’ Moved ‘So Far’ Left We ‘Don’t Recognize’ The Party

Aug 30, 2020   DailyWire.com
Facebook
Twitter
Mail
MINNEAPOLIS, MN - MAY 27: A fire burns inside of an Auto Zone store near the Third Police Precinct on May 27, 2020 in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Businesses near the Third Police Precinct were looted and damaged today as the area has become the site of an ongoing protest after the police killing of George Floyd. Four Minneapolis police officers have been fired after a video taken by a bystander was posted on social media showing Floyd's neck being pinned to the ground by an officer as he repeatedly said, "I can’t breathe". Floyd was later pronounced dead while in police custody after being transported to Hennepin County Medical Center. Stephen Maturen/Getty Images

Six Democrat mayors in the swing-state of Minnesota formally endorsed President Donald Trump for a second term on Friday while taking shots at Democrat presidential nominee Joe Biden.

The letter mainly highlighted economic issues as being the primary driver for the Democrat mayors’ endorsement, but it also noted that the party has gone “so far to the left” that they no longer “recognize” it, and that the party “left” them.

“Today, we write to formally endorse President Donald J. Trump and Vice President Mike Pence for four more years,” the letter said. It was signed by Virginia Mayor Larry Cuffe, Chisholm Mayor John Champa, Ely Mayor Chuck Novak, Two Harbors Mayor Chris Swanson, Eveleth Mayor Robert Vlaisavljevich, and Babbitt Mayor Andrea Zupancich.

“Like many in our region, we have voted for Democrats over many decades,” the letter said. “We have watched as our constituents’ jobs left not only the Iron Range, but our country. By putting tariffs on our products and supporting bad trade deals, politicians like Joe Biden did nothing to help the working class. We lost thousands of jobs, and generations of young people have left the Iron Range in order to provide for their families with good paying jobs elsewhere. Today, we don’t recognize the Democratic Party. It has been moved so far to the left it can no longer claim to be advocates of the working class. The hard-working Minnesotans that built their lives and supported their families here on the Range have been abandoned by radical Democrats. We didn’t choose to leave the Democratic Party, the party left us.”

“Yet, four years ago, something wonderful happened. Donald J. Trump was elected President of the United States, and he stood up to China, implemented tax cuts and fought for the working class,” the letter continued. “Now, four years later, the Iron Range is roaring back to life and for the first time in a very long time, locals are hopeful because of this President’s policies and willingness to fight for us.”

“Lifelong politicians like Joe Biden are out of touch with the working class, out of touch with what the country needs, and out of touch with those of us here on the Iron Range and in small towns like ours across our nation,” the letter concluded. “In this election, there is a lot at stake, but the biggest risk is our jobs, our economy, and our way of life. President Trump delivered the best economy in our nation’s history, and President Trump will deliver for us again. He will continue to fight for every American regardless of party affiliation and continue to stand up for the working class.”

Trump 2020 agenda - doesn't really seem like he's going for a dictatorship to me:

JOBS

• Create 10 Million New Jobs in 10 Months
  • Create 1 Million New Small Businesses
  • Cut Taxes to Boost Take-Home Pay and Keep Jobs in America
  • Enact Fair Trade Deals that Protect American Jobs
  • "Made in America" Tax Credits
  • Expand Opportunity Zones
  • Continue Deregulatory Agenda for Energy Independence

ERADICATE COVID-19

• Develop a Vaccine by The End Of 2020
  • Return to Normal in 2021
  • Make All Critical Medicines and Supplies for Healthcare Workers in The United States
  • Refill Stockpiles and Prepare for Future Pandemics

END OUR RELIANCE ON CHINA

• Bring Back 1 Million Manufacturing Jobs from China
  • Tax Credits for Companies that Bring Back Jobs from China
  • Allow 100% Expensing Deductions for Essential Industries like Pharmaceuticals and Robotics who Bring Back their Manufacturing to the United States
  • No Federal Contracts for Companies who Outsource to China
  • Hold China Fully Accountable for Allowing the Virus to Spread around the World

HEALTHCARE

• Cut Prescription Drug Prices
  • Put Patients and Doctors Back in Charge of our Healthcare System
  • Lower Healthcare Insurance Premiums
  • End Surprise Billing
  • Cover All Pre-Existing Conditions
  • Protect Social Security and Medicare
  • Protect Our Veterans and Provide World-Class Healthcare and Services

EDUCATION

• Provide School Choice to Every Child in America
  • Teach American Exceptionalism

DRAIN THE SWAMP

• Pass Congressional Term Limits
  • End Bureaucratic Government Bullying of U.S. Citizens and Small Businesses
  • Expose Washington’s Money Trail and Delegate Powers Back to People and States
  • Drain the Globalist Swamp by Taking on International Organizations That Hurt American Citizens

DEFEND OUR POLICE

• Fully Fund and Hire More Police and Law Enforcement Officers
  • Increase Criminal Penalties for Assaults on Law Enforcement Officers
  • Prosecute Drive-By Shootings as Acts of Domestic Terrorism
  • Bring Violent Extremist Groups Like ANTIFA to Justice
  • End Cashless Bail and Keep Dangerous Criminals Locked Up until Trial

END ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION AND PROTECT AMERICAN WORKERS

• Block Illegal Immigrants from Becoming Eligible for Taxpayer-Funded Welfare, Healthcare, and Free College Tuition
  • Mandatory Deportation for Non-Citizen Gang Members
  • Dismantle Human Trafficking Networks
  • End Sanctuary Cities to Restore our Neighborhoods and Protect our Families
  • Prohibit American Companies from Replacing United States Citizens with Lower-Cost Foreign Workers
  • Require New Immigrants to Be Able to Support Themselves Financially

INNOVATE FOR THE FUTURE

• Launch Space Force, Establish Permanent Manned Presence on The Moon and Send the First Manned Mission to Mars
  • Build the World’s Greatest Infrastructure System
  • Win the Race to 5G and Establish a National High-Speed Wireless Internet Network
  • Continue to Lead the World in Access to the Cleanest Drinking Water and Cleanest Air
  • Partner with Other Nations to Clean Up our Planet’s Oceans

AMERICA FIRST FOREIGN POLICY

• Stop Endless Wars and Bring Our Troops Home
  • Get Allies to Pay their Fair Share
  • Maintain and Expand America’s Unrivaled Military Strength
  • Wipe Out Global Terrorists Who Threaten to Harm Americans
  • Build a Great Cybersecurity Defense System and Missile Defense System

DEFEND AMERICAN VALUES

• Continue nominating constitutionalist Supreme Court and lower court judges
  • Protect unborn life through every means available
  • Defend the freedoms of religious believers and organizations
  • Support the exercise of Second Amendment rights
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

I honestly don’t care at all....we get what we deserve 

If the Democrats would've handled the transition like Bush handled his to Obama we would be in a 180-degree different place in this country. The race divide was created by Democrats and Obama in particular. Is Trump the best no. But how much different would things look if the media and the democrats treated Trump fairly? He would be treating them in a different manner as well and if he didn't he'd be out on his ear. I honestly think the Democrats lost this election becuase of the way they've acted the last four years and they are getting worse, not better and it's playing right into Trump's hands. 

Edited by jtssrx
  • Like 2

• USA Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

If the Democrats would've handled the transition like Bush handled his to Obama we would be in a 180-degree different place in this country. The race divide was created by Democrats and Obama in particular. Is Trump the best no. But how much different would things look if the media and the democrats treated Trump fairly? He would be treating them in a different manner as well and if he didn't he'd be out on his ear. I honestly think the Democrats lost this election becuase of the way they've acted the last four years and they are getting worse, not better and it's playing right into Trump's hands. 

100% correct.   

• Platinum Contributing Member

So it’s the media’s fault that Trump goes on all night Twitter rages when he feels slighted...don’t buy...it’s just who the guy is and he can’t handle criticism.

40 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

So it’s the media’s fault that Trump goes on all night Twitter rages when he feels slighted...don’t buy...it’s just who the guy is and he can’t handle criticism.

Do you think the media coverage and the media's treatment of Trump have been fair over the last four years? 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

The media are pure trash

They are doing the country a disservice. even when trump does something stupid now his base just ignores it. Had they honestly reported the last four years they could hold him accountable for his bone head bullshit with everyone. 

1 minute ago, jtssrx said:

They are doing the country a disservice. even when trump does something stupid now his base just ignores it. Had they honestly reported the last four years they could hold him accountable for his bone head bullshit with everyone. 

It doesn’t take much intelligence to realize that both the media and trump are trash...

33 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

Do you think the media coverage and the media's treatment of Trump have been fair over the last four years? 

32 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

*crickets*

Hey old man despite your assertions to the contrary I’ve got shit to do!😆

No I don’t think it’s fair but since when has the media been objective...doesn’t mean the he should stay up all night snorting adderall and drinking Diet Coke while he tweets in all caps! 🤣🤣

11 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Hey old man despite your assertions to the contrary I’ve got shit to do!😆

No I don’t think it’s fair but since when has the media been objective...doesn’t mean the he should stay up all night snorting adderall and drinking Diet Coke while he tweets in all caps! 🤣🤣

The media sucked Obama's ass. The guy did no wrong for 8 years and continues to do no wrong.

9 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

The media sucked Obama's ass. The guy did no wrong for 8 years and continues to do no wrong.

Fine but do you think Trump handles it well and acts Presidential? 

BTW just so it’s clear I’m not sticking up for the media.

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

I don't care about him being presidential. What has being presidential gotten us? If you can point to anything tangible that's bad for the US becuase he doesn't act the way you want him to please point it out. Obama was a shitty a president as you can get but he acted the way you wanted him to. 

I don't think you're sticking up for the media and I'm not sticking up for Trump. If I was him I'd never take a question for reporters he calls fake news. I think he does it just to start a fight which is idiotic 

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I think he handles it as good as one might expect, given he knows he has a largely corrupt media and Washington establishment fighting him every step of the way.  I’m not hung up on how presidential he is.  Nancy Pelosi is third in line to the presidency, and literally goes off half cocked weekly.  So if we’re going to hold everyone to some standard....

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

As a result he turns you into this guy :lol:

mad tantrum GIF

• Like 1