Check your account email address ×

BRP must not be making a whole lot of money

13 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

I think what happened is Textron bought them thinking they could run it like a golf cart company and here we are with them thinking "Fuck, now what the hell do we do with this?"

Yup.  If they can keep the company profitable and start to grow it, Textron might hang on to it.  Otherwise they will cut their losses and dump it to Polaris for pennies on the dollar.   Polaris will use the factory and workers to run more SXSs and ATVs.

2 hours ago, Anler said:

Private equity is killing alot of companies. They suck every last penny out of them. Make it hard to work within ever tighening margins.

Textron is a public company.

1 minute ago, teamgreen02 said:

Yup.  If they can keep the company profitable and start to grow it, Textron might hang on to it.  Otherwise they will cut their losses and dump it to Polaris for pennies on the dollar.   Polaris will use the factory and workers to run more SXSs and ATVs.

Textron is a public company.

Private equity owns a significant share of BRP. Not sure who owns textron

8 minutes ago, Anler said:

Private equity owns a significant share of BRP. Not sure who owns textron

They might, but BRP is still a public company.  You can even buy shares on the NYSE so it is easy for global investor.  Should have bought at $15 back in March!

image.thumb.png.f9c5694697b888ba1e11276c406c4ab0.png

This smaller dealership sells the whole brp lineup but I wouldn't say the were a "high volume dealership".

It is weird as well because I am out west and with the mountains so close, it can always be a great sledding season if you want to drive a few hours. Off-road is also huge as well.

7 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

Sucks that some of the small dealers are going but thats been happening for 15 years now in favor of larger dealers who can sell significant volume across all the product lines.     Sometimes it's the dealers choice,  sometimes the manufacturers.   

What seems to be happening around Eastern Ontario is the huge dealers, who have had to spend 2-3 million for an up to date building, are pissed off that the small dealerships that have a shop in their back yard, are able to sell the new, high end sleds 1K cheaper than the big guys. I know first hand that the big dealers all blackball the small shops, and do their damdest to not do dealer trades, or give up a sled to these guys. They are the ones putting pressure on the manufacturers to make these small old shops, go big, or get out, and without a doubt, it,s working. They want to level the playing field, so all dealers have the same expense of the 2-3 million dollar shops, so they cann,t sell sleds 1K cheaper.   

8 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

With the shorter Winters and lower snow conditions now in many areas Sleds are just not selling as well as they have in past Winters, in this greater area SXS, UTV, & ATV's are out selling Sleds by a lot, 5 Wheelers to every 2-3 Sleds, and the fact you can use Wheelers 12 months in most places including many roads and routes..I hate to see any sled manufactures struggle and perhaps stop making sleds but thru the years there were over 200 brands, now only 3-1/2 basically, may be a sign of the times.

with brand new snowmachines starting at 20k i hope all them go out of business 

Edited by FrankieJames7
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Many sleds start at less than $20,000, in fact I don't think I've ever seen a sled that cost that much, perhaps a 163" -174" Mountain sled..

The Yamaha Sidewinder Touring is close, I saw one with an MSRP of 17k.

I just went and looked on Yamaha’s site, the 2021 Sidewinder Touring has an MSRP of $18,299.

Edited by snoughnut

1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

20k for a new sled? They are getting up there but uh....

tell ya what u little rat, i looked at modern msrps, 14k, only went up about 2k since i last looked at brand new sleds, so u were right, dont get used to it