Check your account email address ×

Got torque?

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, irv said:

What is spooling up in there? Never thought electric cars, whether racing or not, would be noisy? 

Not sure but I’d love to find out. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ManOnManOral said:

It is a clutched electric drive 

Never heard of that, but to me it sounds like it is revving up much like an NA engine. Line lock/ some type of trans brake is holding it back, obviously, but I never thought you could spool/rev up an e engine? Lots to learn I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

Bob Tasca's take it.  Two things he points out here.  How the car goes straight because the lack of rotating mass like you have with an engine, and the feel of the constant torque the whole way down the track.  Listen to how much Ford has invested in their electric automobile production/research. :guzzle:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GGNHL said:

Once battery technology gets figured out I'd have no problem owning an electric snowmobile and pickup, I think we're still over a decade away but it's getting closer everyday. 

if the wife didn't need the third row for carting rugrats around I'd put her in one of the RAV4 primes.  Really the perfect compromise right now.   electric day to day but motor for when you need to drive a long way.   I just requested the doc to buyout her Highlander lease but if they come out with a highlander prime I might put her in one down the road.  

• Like 1