Check your account email address ×

What are the limits an individual should be able to do to protect your property?

• Platinum Contributing Member

Last night a mob burned down a used car lot in Kenosha, Wi.   I'm sure the usual on here will say he deserved it because his support of capitalism or that its all fine and dandy because of insurance.

Personally I think if you see someone trying to set fire to your home or business you should have the right to use deadly force.   Whether you know the property is occupied or not.   Arson is a very serious crime and people's lives are put in danger when trying to put them out.  If I was on a jury of someone who killed an arsonist in the act there is zero chance I'd convict them. 

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Why , couple shots and 95% of the mob flees.

Mob comes on to my property, they present a deadly threat,  they get a gun pointed at them and a warning.  Ignore warnings I start firing. Pretty straightforward.  

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

If a man is stupid enough to face a mob, he deserves a quick death at least. 

You face the mob to protect yourself or your loved ones....if you want to face the mob to save some worldly treasures then you get what you get 

Just now, f7ben said:

You face the mob to protect yourself or your loved ones....if you want to face the mob to save some worldly treasures then you get what you get 

I’ll slip out the back door with my family, gun in hand. Anyone that’s standing their ground in those areas of Kenosha tonight are fools. Milwaukee is gonna burn by week’s end. 

Just now, spin_dry said:

I’ll slip out the back door with my family, gun in hand. Anyone that’s standing their ground in those areas of Kenosha tonight are fools. Milwaukee is gonna burn by week’s end. 

Good and good luck

Edited by f7ben

Just now, f7ben said:

Good and good luck

People have no idea of the power of a mob. Probably because we’ve had it good in America. But after throwing so many fish under the carpet for all these decades, things are starting to stink. 

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

You might want to re read this thread. Your cypher is totally fucked up. 

My contention is only the worst of the worst in a mob will actually fight when confronted with equal or greater force. The rest poof.

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Last night a mob burned down a used car lot in Kenosha, Wi.   I'm sure the usual on here will say he deserved it because his support of capitalism or that its all fine and dandy because of insurance.

Personally I think if you see someone trying to set fire to your home or business you should have the right to use deadly force.   Whether you know the property is occupied or not.   Arson is a very serious crime and people's lives are put in danger when trying to put them out.  If I was on a jury of someone who killed an arsonist in the act there is zero chance I'd convict them. 

agreed,  if someones destroying your property you should be able to kill them but you better hope you have cameras to back that up.  

• Platinum Contributing Member

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

agreed,  if someones destroying your property you should be able to kill them but you better hope you have cameras to back that up.  

I actually looked it up and most states allow you to protect your property with force no different than an attack on a person.

Agreed on the camera's or witness'.  

3 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Oh stfu, it is not..........good lord you're an idiot.

4 hours ago, Highmark said:

Shoot him in the face