Check your account email address ×

Love my union

6 minutes ago, ACE said:

Unions are really a place for people who just want to coast in life 

Ur  new nick name shall be lazy river. It describes your life in two words. :owned:

Edited by Woodtick

Just now, Woodtick said:

Ur  new nick name shall be lazy river. It describes your life in two words. :owned:

Anyone who thinks a procross (2008xp wanna be) is a quality machine shouldnt be talking about how to build stuff. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Anyone who thinks a procross (2008xp wanna be) is a quality machine shouldnt be talking about how to build stuff. 

Do you personally belong to a union?

Just now, ACE said:

You seem triggered by the facts I presented 

all you provided was your opinion. Zero facts.

Just like my opinion that those who squat on their in-laws property in order to earn a living are the true coasters in life. 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, frenchy said:

all you provided was your opinion. Zero facts.

Just like my opinion that those who squat on their in-laws property in order to earn a living are the true coasters in life. 

Why is that what you do?

When the union pensions go bust here, and they will eventually, then all of the qualified tradesmen will have to find work elsewhere. Then there will probably be a big enough non-union presence to build stuff. But Id guess the pay will drop significantly. I will pass Crushers info to negotiate for them. LOL

Just now, Anler said:

When the union pensions go bust here, and they will eventually, then all of the qualified tradesmen will have to find work elsewhere. Then there will probably be a big enough non-union presence to build stuff. But Id guess the pay will drop significantly. I will pass Crushers info to negotiate for them. LOL

Our union is going from pension to 401k. I have both,and the pension will be phased out over time so not to effect the ones that are retired.

5 minutes ago, Anler said:

So you aren’t in a union?

• Platinum Contributing Member

Damn...maybe Crusher doesn’t know everything about everything like he thinks he does.🤣

BTW I know Moe doesn’t like his union but good on him for making bank.👍🏼

One other thing...that huge project I worked on for National Steel was not public funded and every trade there was union and as Anler said there was no way a non union shop could have handled the work.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

Sludgy is one of those guys that thinks he’s the only one working hard. Everyone has met at least one of them. 

I never said that. But we all know you never have. 

20 minutes ago, ACE said:

So you aren’t in a union?

I was, I am 100% vested from my time in. I run a union shop. We have a few non-union competitors but they hide in the shadows. 

34 minutes ago, Anler said:

No I am not talking just publicly funded projects. Trump tower was not a publicly funded project and there are zero non-union contractors around here that are qualified to do a job like that. I am not saying that unions arent a pain in the ass but for qualified trades there is no competition around here. And if you were to attempt to build something of size you would have to import enough qualified tradesmen from other states. 

Now if you are talking plant workers or mindless work then yeah, hire any rent a drunk you can find and pay them shit. But if you are building a high rise, roads and bridges, air ports, water treatment plants, etc... i wouldnt roll the dice on non-union anything, they suck bigly. 

No, it doesn't take much brains to lay conduit and running wires through them, the talent is for those who know how to land the wires.

Size has little to do with it. 

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

No, it doesn't take much brains to lay conduit and running wires through them, the talent is for those who know how to land the wires.

Size has little to do with it. 

The talent is with those who know how to program what the wires are running into and the setup and management of process control instrumentation. There are plenty of union guys who terminate panels....it’s not rocket science 

5 minutes ago, Anler said:

I was, I am 100% vested from my time in. I run a union shop. We have a few non-union competitors but they hide in the shadows. 

Why are you not in a union?