Check your account email address ×

Toyota RAV4 Prime.

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, awful knawful said:

My father's 2000 GMC rusted right off at the cross member. He worked at a bank and physically the truck looked mint.

K.   One example.   Toyota recalled over 800,000. 

47 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Yep. How many did GM recall?

That's the difference.

:lol: That's not just it.  

Edited by Highmark

1 hour ago, GGNHL said:

Yeah but difference is Toyota stepped up and did it  for free versus GM, Ford, and Dodge telling their owners to go fuck themselves when everything rusts away. :lol:

As long as Toyota makes a half ton that's what I'll be driving. :bc:

interior is terrible on the Toyotas,   i just can't get past that even though they are reliable.  Add up the extra operating costs from the poor MPG and over 100k i have to think the ford or gm is the better choice with Ram making a big run lately into the conversation.  

I think the RAV4prime is the car most need.  Day to day should run on electricity with a gas motor for longer trips.   I'd look at one for the wife if the Venza or Highlander was available with the prime powertrain as she wants the third row.  I'm not a fan of her current Highlander but she loves it and they finally stepped up the interior for 2020.  I'm going to buy out the lease just because the thing keeps it's value.  

15 minutes ago, Highmark said:

K.   One example.   Toyota recalled over 800,000. 

at least they stepped up.  no one else has.  TJ jeeps had the absolute worst frames ever and they fucked every owner over on the rust through.  

• Like 1

Just now, Angry ginger said:

at least they stepped up.  no one else has.  TJ jeeps had the absolute worst frames ever and they fucked every owner over on the rust through.  

Not saying Toyota didn't step up.   They did but those vehicles had the reputation as some of the worst frames in history. 

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Not saying Toyota didn't step up.   They did but those vehicles had the reputation as some of the worst frames in history. 

because of a failure of an American supplier.  Jap vehicles were better quality when they were made in japan.  While american manufacturing has improved it's still not the best in the world.  

6 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

because of a failure of an American supplier.  Jap vehicles were better quality when they were made in japan.  While american manufacturing has improved it's still not the best in the world.  

Sorry no excuse.   Toyota's quality requirements of the supplier is the end controller.  You are what you put in your product. 

Its like Yamaha owners complaining issues are a Cat problem and not Yammie's.   If your name is on it its yours. 

Edited by Highmark

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

:lol:   Toyota trucks from the late 90's early 2000's all had to have their frames replaced.  

Bfd? Every car maker has an issue at some point. Toyota has far far less than American made shit. 

1 hour ago, awful knawful said:

Why does everyone think they need to be driving a huge truck?

If the minivan works WGAF! ?

Perhaps to portray some kind of baller status that doesn't really exist :ashamed: I'd bet that most guys that have the 40k+ trucks are up to their eyeballs in debt. 

I have a 2002 F 150 crew that I bought new in Dec. 2001, it has 214,000 on it and yes it's a POS but every time I look at it in the garage I smile because I don't have the huge ball and chain payment. I tell my kids, never buy a vehicle to impress people you don't know, they're just tools to get you from point A to point B.

35 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Perhaps to portray some kind of baller status that doesn't really exist :ashamed: I'd bet that most guys that have the 40k+ trucks are up to their eyeballs in debt. 

I have a 2002 F 150 crew that I bought new in Dec. 2001, it has 214,000 on it and yes it's a POS but every time I look at it in the garage I smile because I don't have the huge ball and chain payment. I tell my kids, never buy a vehicle to impress people you don't know, they're just tools to get you from point A to point B.

i never felt the need to have the status car even though i would go out and look at them.   i work in an environment though where it's pretty typical.  My office mate has a E53AMG,  a Gallardo and a VIper.  Other guy has a CLS53 AMG and my boss has a Denali and an X7 bmw.  

Edited by Angry ginger

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Sorry no excuse.   Toyota's quality requirements of the supplier is the end controller.  You are what you put in your product. 

Its like Yamaha owners complaining issues are a Cat problem and not Yammie's.   If your name is on it its yours. 

Yep. You're right.

Toyota stepped up and fixed it.

Great company. 

Who cares. Toyota:

1 bought them back at 150% of their mint condition value

Or

2 replaced the frame.

GM told my father, it's out of warranty, tough titty.

7 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Yep. You're right.

Toyota stepped up and fixed it.

Great company. 

5 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Who cares. Toyota:

1 bought them back at 150% of their mint condition value

Or

2 replaced the frame.

GM told my father, it's out of warranty, tough titty.

:lol:   Don't care what you say.   Toyota has a great reputation for solving what's known as likely the largest frame issue in automobile history.  Good for them doesn't take away from the size of the problem. 

Edited by Highmark

3 hours ago, GGNHL said:

Yeah but difference is Toyota stepped up and did it  for free versus GM, Ford, and Dodge telling their owners to go fuck themselves when everything rusts away. :lol:

As long as Toyota makes a half ton that's what I'll be driving. :bc:

But Toyota didn't tell their customers the trucks were branded after the repair, they are worthless after the repair and the frames are still absolute garbage. 

2 minutes ago, Tinker said:

But Toyota didn't tell their customers the trucks were branded after the repair, they are worthless after the repair and the frames are still absolute garbage. 

must be a canada thing because here they go for top dollar with the new frame under them.   200k mile ones with new frames sell for more than a 100k mile competitor.  

Just now, Angry ginger said:

must be a canada thing because here they go for top dollar with the new frame under them.   200k mile ones with new frames sell for more than a 100k mile competitor.  

Not sure but I know 3 guys that went to trade them in to find they had been Branded due to the repair, they had no idea.