Check your account email address ×

Toyota RAV4 Prime.

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

:lol:   Don't care what you say.   Toyota has a great reputation for solving what's known as likely the largest frame issue in automobile history.  Good for them doesn't take away from the size of the problem. 

If the American manufacturer didn't fuck up the coating process they wouldn't have had too.

But they did.

Something gm can't claim.

• Platinum Contributing Member
16 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

If the American manufacturer didn't fuck up the coating process they wouldn't have had too.

But they did.

Something gm can't claim.

3 hours ago, Highmark said:

Sorry no excuse.   Toyota's quality requirements of the supplier is the end controller.  You are what you put in your product. 

Its like Yamaha owners complaining issues are a Cat problem and not Yammie's.   If your name is on it its yours. 

The other issue with that is that it went on with vehicles for over 10 years of models.   Toyota didn't recognize the issue at some point really early and make changes?   Nope. 

Edited by Highmark

1 hour ago, Carlos Danger said:

An adult male driving around in a new RAV 4 only brings two questions to mind.....is that a company car or are you gay?

Sounds like you have experience with gay men. Good for you. 

Edited by spin_dry

3 hours ago, Highmark said:

:lol:   Don't care what you say.   Toyota has a great reputation for solving what's known as likely the largest frame issue in automobile history.  Good for them doesn't take away from the size of the problem. 

Basically gave $12k to every owner.

I saw all the frames that went bad. Some were bad... MOST had to work to get the new frame.

2 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

An adult male driving around in a new RAV 4 only brings two questions to mind.....is that a company car or are you gay?

Drove my girlfriends RAV4 hybrid to work today. My truck is in the shop for routine service. It’s not bad, feels faster than my 6.2 gm at 219hp. Rides smooth and quiet with little rolling resistance, 35mpg. Only issue I have is it feels cramped when you’re used to a full size crew cab truck. 

ACE75E01-0806-4708-B3AB-006908F240EE.thumb.jpeg.13b805fb6f3dc8586ca37b742886f838.jpeg

Edited by CheezusXR8