Check your account email address ×

If you could own any production snowmobile from any year brand new right now what would it be?

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

1.  1998 Thundercat 1000

2.  2000-2002 Yamaha SRX 700.

I had a 2000 SRX 700...what a badass ride and they looked great as well. 

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

I had a 2000 SRX 700...what a badass ride and they looked great as well. 

I did as well.   Hard to find clean ones now.   I'd own one if I could.  

• Like 1

I'd probably go back to my Renegade 900 turbo, with some offtrail stuff bolted on, just like what I had.  Second choice is the Back Country I have now, with only 500 miles on it.

Just now, Highmark said:

Absolutely...I see them on CL occasionally but as you say...not very clean.

Just now, Skidooski said:

A local guy here is sitting on a clean low mileage 440 sled still in race trim. He refuses to sell  :sad: 

Yeah that’s the problem...won’t sell or the piece is prohibitive. The other sled I would love to find is a clean XCR 440 Red Rocket. 

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Friend in Maine has a 2001 with 500 miles on it, and its as new, on display in his business.  I had an 80 440, 98 and 00 SRX 700s.  Loved the 2000 the best.  Damn what a fast machine.

115626167_3592410784116304_5143465830806117721_o.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yeah that’s the problem...won’t sell or the piece is prohibitive. The other sled I would love to find is a clean XCR 440 Red Rocket. 

I remember just what a little weapon those things were back then.  Along with the XCR 440sps (I had one of those for a while too) of the time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Like this one at 8 grand. It is a new fresh built with a lot in the skid and clutches

1906760939_Annotation2020-07-29094815.thumb.jpg.762f7e0551acd41effeebc3f5b371f88.jpg

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

I had a deal done on a mint 1997 RXL SKS some years back.   Told the guy I'd take it set up a time to meet as it was about a 5 hr drive.   Texted the next morning to tell him I'm leaving and when I'd arrive and the fucker sold it out from under me.   Sled had only 700 miles on it and was in showroom condition.   

Always been a big fan of the Skiroule RTX and race sleds. The 71 freeair 800 triple factory race sled with triple stingers would be fun for a couple rips down the lake a year

1971-skiroule-rtx-800-002.jpg

Other than that, in order:

Mercury Snow Twister

78 SRX

72 Sno Jet Thunderjet

I would like to find a clean example of a 99 Summit 600 so of anyone knows of one around, please let me know. My first skidoo and I loved that thing to death, but after I had 20,000 miles on it she had to down the road so I could upgrade my freshman year of college...

By far the best looking ZX chassis made

post-149841-0-37922600-1408405208.jpg

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I had a deal done on a mint 1997 RXL SKS some years back.   Told the guy I'd take it set up a time to meet as it was about a 5 hr drive.   Texted the next morning to tell him I'm leaving and when I'd arrive and the fucker sold it out from under me.   Sled had only 700 miles on it and was in showroom condition.   

Goddamn that is a shitty thing to do.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 1