Check your account email address ×

Trump is finally seeing the reality of the Covid.

the less than 1%chance of death reality ? I think he can see it . but some candy ass campain team is telling him to pretend to be concerned about the less than 1% of people kicking off because they know the media has zero chance of stopping the hype for the sheep till after the election 

We had an employee who tested positive about 3 weeks ago. He recovered pretty quickly and is already back to work. I've talked to several other contractors and they have similar stories. 

However, I was talking to our union BA on Thursday and he said at their monthly area union meeting one of the locals has had 5 members who have died. Ages were 40's and 50's. 

Then yesterday I was talking to a GC we work for and the vice president was out for a month with it. He almost died. He is a fairly healthy guy too. 

These are the first cases I have heard that were this serious. I wonder if there are different strains of this thing.

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, Anler said:

We had an employee who tested positive about 3 weeks ago. He recovered pretty quickly and is already back to work. I've talked to several other contractors and they have similar stories. 

However, I was talking to our union BA on Thursday and he said at their monthly area union meeting one of the locals has had 5 members who have died. Ages were 40's and 50's. 

Then yesterday I was talking to a GC we work for and the vice president was out for a month with it. He almost died. He is a fairly healthy guy too. 

These are the first cases I have heard that were this serious. I wonder if there are different strains of this thing.

Brothers daughter has it.   Only loss sense of smell.   Her grandfather got it...75 2 time cancer survivor and not a picture of heath....no issues what so ever.

Definitely strange on how it impacts people from one to the next.

20 minutes ago, Anler said:

Or weakened immune systems in some folks from other sources than Covid.

2 hours ago, Anler said:

The European strain has mutated from the China strain. The China strain has more severe symptoms. The Euro strain due to the mutation is less severe. Most of the US has the Euro 

24 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Brothers daughter has it.   Only loss sense of smell.   Her grandfather got it...75 2 time cancer survivor and not a picture of heath....no issues what so ever.

Definitely strange on how it impacts people from one to the next.

I probably know a dozen people personally who got it. Standard flu like symptoms but nothing serious. The only people I heard who died were like 80+. This was the first time I heard of serious issues with people around my age. Kinda makes me not want to get it now. LOL

We had a group of 15 UTV friends get it while in SD, everyone Tested and all a symptomatic. Second group at a Grad party, older sister brought it home from college confirmed, we are 15 days post that event and the only person from that party to get it was her father with MS.  The wife who literally bathes and cleans this man has been tested 4 times, still negative.  No one else from the party symptomatic.

These are all current and former hockey families with close ties who see each other often and kids hang out daily.  I expected it to spread like wildfire, yet here we are.  The who  and why of this makes little sense.

• Platinum Contributing Member
54 minutes ago, Anler said:

I probably know a dozen people personally who got it. Standard flu like symptoms but nothing serious. The only people I heard who died were like 80+. This was the first time I heard of serious issues with people around my age. Kinda makes me not want to get it now. LOL

I'm extremely suspicious when I hear someone under 60 dying from covid when they say "healthy".   Just not happening around here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

I'm extremely suspicious when I hear someone under 60 dying from covid when they say "healthy".   Just not happening around here.

The five union guys were union laborers, those guys are pretty tough. I was surprised as hell. 

10 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

the less than 1%chance of death reality ? I think he can see it . but some candy ass campain team is telling him to pretend to be concerned about the less than 1% of people kicking off because they know the media has zero chance of stopping the hype for the sheep till after the election 

0.003% of Americans will die from covid.

What kind of percentage is the common flu?

1 hour ago, Anler said:

There are 5 or 6 different strains. Was reported last week I believe.

1 hour ago, Anler said:

Kinda scary some of the stories....no one really knows what the long term health effects are for some but seems like there are some people who get it who are having lasting respiratory/heart issues etc. 

Just now, frenchy said:

Kinda scary some of the stories....no one really knows what the long term health effects are for some but seems like there are some people who get it who are having lasting respiratory/heart issues etc. 

There is just so much information going around how do we know what to believe?

And really I feel like if anyone should have gotten it, it should have been me. I have been working the whole time. I have been in and out of schools, hotels, hospitals, office buildings, you name it. I've got 7 people in the office, 5 of them are out and about too. We don't wear masks or practice any social distancing. Other than daily cleaning of the office that's about all we do. Not to mention we have done over 90 jobs this year and over 100 employees. Those guys are in and out of the office all the time. I go out for lunch all the time and now that my local breakfast place is open I have been there a couple times now. We have 2 jobs currently at O'Hare airport.

It seems I have about the greatest exposure of anyone I know. We only had one guy come up positive and he doesn't know how he got it, says he doesn't go anywhere but to work and the grocery store. Bizarre. 

2 hours ago, Anler said:

There is just so much information going around how do we know what to believe?

And really I feel like if anyone should have gotten it, it should have been me. I have been working the whole time. I have been in and out of schools, hotels, hospitals, office buildings, you name it. I've got 7 people in the office, 5 of them are out and about too. We don't wear masks or practice any social distancing. Other than daily cleaning of the office that's about all we do. Not to mention we have done over 90 jobs this year and over 100 employees. Those guys are in and out of the office all the time. I go out for lunch all the time and now that my local breakfast place is open I have been there a couple times now. We have 2 jobs currently at O'Hare airport.

It seems I have about the greatest exposure of anyone I know. We only had one guy come up positive and he doesn't know how he got it, says he doesn't go anywhere but to work and the grocery store. Bizarre. 

You may have gotten a silent infection. A lot of people have it and don’t know it. It’s the same as seasonal flu. 80% that acquire it never show symptoms. 

Just now, spin_dry said:

You may have gotten a silent infection. A lot of people have it and don’t know it. It’s the same as seasonal flu. 80% that acquire it never show symptoms. 

Wear a condom.

2 hours ago, frenchy said:

I had to get tested and have an antibody test prior to surgery. I was negative for both tests. They gave me two antibody tests because of the suspected inaccuracy of the testing. I thought maybe I had it early in the season. Guess not.