Check your account email address ×

Why I like Trump.

Because he truly loves the flag and loves America.

On 3 October 2006, Trump had an outsized American flag (variously described as being either 15×25 feet or 20×30 feet) installed on an 80-foot-high flagpole at Mar-a-Lago, in violation of local zoning regulations that established a maximum size of 4×6 feet for flags and a maximum height of 42 feet for flagpoles. Trump put up his regulation-violating flag and pole without obtaining either a building permit permit or a variance from local authorities, and the Palm Beach town council accordingly fined him $1,250 (or, in some accounts, $250) for every day the flag remained in place (apparently citing him only for the pole but not the flag itself). Trump in turn filed a $25 million lawsuit against Palm Beach, claiming that the town was selectively enforcing its rules (by not fining other properties that were flying flags in violation of town ordinances) and infringing his constitutional right to free speech.

Six months later the two sides finally reached an agreement during “secret, court-ordered negotiations,” with the town agreeing to waive all fines against Trump for his code-busting flagpole and to “review its ordinances and codes dealing with flagpoles and flags during the next zoning season,” and Trump agreeing to drop his lawsuit, lower the height of his flagpole from 80 to 70 feet, obtain a permit for the pole and move it farther inland, and donate $100,000 “to charities dealing with Iraq War Veterans, [the] American Flag, or the local VA hospital.”

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, racer254 said:

On 3 October 2006, Trump had an outsized American flag (variously described as being either 15×25 feet or 20×30 feet) installed on an 80-foot-high flagpole at Mar-a-Lago, in violation of local zoning regulations that established a maximum size of 4×6 feet for flags and a maximum height of 42 feet for flagpoles. Trump put up his regulation-violating flag and pole without obtaining either a building permit permit or a variance from local authorities, and the Palm Beach town council accordingly fined him $1,250 (or, in some accounts, $250) for every day the flag remained in place (apparently citing him only for the pole but not the flag itself). Trump in turn filed a $25 million lawsuit against Palm Beach, claiming that the town was selectively enforcing its rules (by not fining other properties that were flying flags in violation of town ordinances) and infringing his constitutional right to free speech.

Six months later the two sides finally reached an agreement during “secret, court-ordered negotiations,” with the town agreeing to waive all fines against Trump for his code-busting flagpole and to “review its ordinances and codes dealing with flagpoles and flags during the next zoning season,” and Trump agreeing to drop his lawsuit, lower the height of his flagpole from 80 to 70 feet, obtain a permit for the pole and move it farther inland, and donate $100,000 “to charities dealing with Iraq War Veterans, [the] American Flag, or the local VA hospital.”

Look up asshole in the dictionary. That’s the definition of one.

13 minutes ago, bladefever said:

10 things I admire Donald J Trump for.

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

Please tell us why you hate/dislike him so much? Do you like Trudeau and think he is doing a good job? 

5 minutes ago, irv said:

Please tell us why you hate/dislike him so much? Do you like Trudeau and think he is doing a good job? 

He doesn't defend his bullshit. He just shits out some leftist hatred and runs. Typical coward.

• Platinum Contributing Member
29 minutes ago, bladefever said:

10 things I admire Donald J Trump for.

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

Why should any American care what a nook thinks about our President. 

Do you give a shit about what we think about Trudeau.

13 minutes ago, irv said:

I'm not political. But lets call a moron a moron. If you want it sugar coated don't ask me. We have our problems up here. But not sure how you can compare the shit show going on south of the border and praise Donny J Trump.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Wait a minute...you tell me that I think the way the media tells me to and then you post this cut and paste tripe...priceless!!!!🤣🤣🤣

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bladefever said:

I'm not political. But lets call a moron a moron. If you want it sugar coated don't ask me. We have our problems up here. But not sure how you can compare the shit show going on south of the border and praise Donny J Trump.

:lmao: You spend time in what for all intensive purposes is a political forum bitching about a President that has nothing to do with you.  :lol:  

10 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

So who has the balls to say they are voting for Biden?

Hell, why can't they find anything like this to say about Biden.  Just anything good about him.  The guy has been in politics for decades, he must have done at least a couple of good things.

Just now, Highmark said:

:lmao: You spend time in what for all intensive purposes is a political forum bitching about a President that has nothing to do with you.  :lol:  

Hey genius...for all Intents and Purposes. 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Wait a minute...you tell me that I think the way the media tells me to and then you post this cut and paste tripe...priceless!!!!🤣🤣🤣

I would love to see your face once you figure out where it was copied from.

4 minutes ago, bladefever said:

Like I said, he won't defend his bullshit...

He/she/it just pukes out more bullshit..

5 minutes ago, bladefever said:

Trudeau has hit new lows in Canadian politics.  He is the most corrupt politician in the history of our country.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Hey genius...for all Intents and Purposes. 

:thumbsup: True.    Common mix up.

https://www.dictionary.com/e/for-all-intents-and-purposes-vs-for-all-intensive-purposes/#:~:text=“Intensive Purposes”,But which one is correct%3F

Edited by Highmark
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, irv said:

He  gets a steady diet of Canadian news, which is probably more biased than our own msm.

20 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

So who has the balls to say they are voting for Biden?

You notice no one has answered, but the usual suspects dance all around the question?

• Like 2

Trump is spending our kids futures away like a drunken sailor, enacted more firearm restrictions than Obama, and was a spoiled draft dodging New York liberal, but Racer is ready to go full MAGA over a Trump wanting a big flag on his property. :lol:

Not saying Biden is any better, they are both utter trash. 3rd party vote again for me.

Edited by GGNHL
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1