Check your account email address ×

Canadian PM Trudeau Praises Dictator Castro as ‘Remarkable Leader’

jtssrx

21 minutes ago, Ebsell said:

The Cuban people are good people. I got nothing bad to say about them. But they have gotten a raw deal from their own Government. America and Spain since the day the first outsider stepped foot on that Island. 

Don't think anyone has anything against the people.   It's the government's own treatment towards them. 

32 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Well we haven't stopped being friends with Cuba ever, back in the day of missile crisis JD our PM at the time who was very conservative told the USA sorry we have no problem with Cuba.  It started with the Conservatives, weird eh

Korea isn't cuba,  :dunno:

How come USA deals with Japan? only country to attack US soil as far as I know.  Yet Japan is cool now, Cuban cigars bad. 

With all due respect,  if Cuba were to double the costs of vacations or even more like some of the higher end vacations,  Canadians would stop going.   So much for the love. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

With all due respect,  if Cuba were to double the costs of vacations or even more like some of the higher end vacations,  Canadians would stop going.   So much for the love. 

well prices are like double for Christmas time ect, and its packed.   Great place and being Canadian just adds to it.

Water and beaches are pretty good, lots of stuff to do also - its not a place for you so don't worry about it. 

You are correct if it was the price of Disney Land most would chose a cheaper shit hole to go too,  there are plenty of them

8 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Only a few select places I would stay in Cuba and they are newer and cleaner resorts. Most are old and out of date, not to mention musty as hell 

22 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

well prices are like double for Christmas time ect, and its packed.   Great place and being Canadian just adds to it.

Water and beaches are pretty good, lots of stuff to do also - its not a place for you so don't worry about it. 

You are correct if it was the price of Disney Land most would chose a cheaper shit hole to go too,  there are plenty of them

Well being stuck on a beach is really not for me, never has been.  Went to the Bahamas this past March Break and you can go just about anywhere. But again, there are better places to see in Canada and the US.

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

so say the sheep baaaaa baaaaa

I guess force lines and tears today :dunno:  never mind

ESCAPED :lol: tell me how many tire tubes land on the Florida shores in the past 20 years or more?  fuck me

you know they have been a dictatorship forever :dunno:  castro just tossed out the American's

You seem to have lost the ability to read as well. The history is well documented. Where do you think the Cubans in Florida came from. Tourist excursions from Cuba. 

7 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Well being stuck on a beach is really not for me, never has been.  Went to the Bahamas this past March Break and you can go just about anywhere. But again, there are better places to see in Canada and the US.

Wasaga area for beach is fine and me too I can only handle so much

PEI for golf this coming June

37 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Who...all of you?

A lot of Canadians. Nice deflection though. No denying Castro was a cunt. But he has had next to zero influence there for years. More vile things happen in Guantanamo Bay than in the rest of Cuba nowadays 

2 minutes ago, Ebsell said:

A lot of Canadians. Nice deflection though. No denying Castro was a cunt. But he has had next to zero influence there for years. More vile things happen in Guantanamo Bay than in the rest of Cuba nowadays 

Fidel was President until 2008 and still had a lot of collaboration with his brother Raul

33 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Where do you think the Cubans in Florida came from.

From Cuba :dunno: and many born here 

of course you know the 80's the US airlifted thousands here and most were arranged with okay from Castro to arrive by boats (just regular pleasure crafts)

anyone was allowed to leave if they wished. 

you should read up on it -

never watched Scareface :dunno:

Edited by 1trailmaker

4 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

Yeah and yet at one point the US had 10 times the rate of HIV infections. 

And 30 times the population :lol: WTF is your ignorant know nothing point 

Edited by Momorider

6 hours ago, 02sled said:

One of the reasons we like it is we don't have to put up with loud arrogant Americans

I thought there were a lot of squareheads there or were they East Germans before the Soviet Union disappeared?

1 hour ago, Ebsell said:

Well to be fair we have been there. Have you lol

It's funny how they talk about being lead government propaganda even though they are only judging Cuba on what their government has told them.

59 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Who...all of you?

Well I have. Nice place. Nice people. Evidently they were doing reasonably well with the Russians helping them out. When the Soviets economy crashed they nearly starved. The people I met have a love hate relationship with Fidel much like their love hate with the US. They'd like to have normalized relations with the US. but some of them remember how corrupt things were when the US were pulling the strings.

51 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Havana is interesting, the old frankencars are cool. It is definitely run down in some areas. But also interesting to hear history from their perspective instead of the one we have grown up with. 

19 minutes ago, Ebsell said:

Guantanamo? You mean the place where they forgot about the Geneva convention?

• Platinum Contributing Member
49 minutes ago, Ebsell said:

Talk about deflection....decades of oppression is excused because Gitmo is bad...fuck you. 

Edited by Biggie Smails
  • Like 1

Just now, Biggie Smails said:

Talk about deflection....decades of oppression is excused because Gitmo is bad...fuck you.

Find a quote where I said anything about Castro being a nice guy dumbfuck. Go ahead I'll wait. All I said is the people don't have it near as bad as they used to since Castros brother took over. 

Christ your as emotionally irrational as a woman 

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, Ebsell said:

Find a quote where I said anything about Castro being a nice guy dumbfuck. Go ahead I'll wait. All I said is the people don't have it near as bad as they used to since Castros brother took over. 

Christ your as emotionally irrational as a woman 

2 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

Fine, but why the double standard for Cuba?

You are comparing a military prison for terrorists to a decades long opressive reign by a dictator....brilliant.