Check your account email address ×

While some dumb cunts are complaining about dead people getting stimulus money by accident. This happened by design.

• Platinum Contributing Member

It's crazy,. I saw some college's applied and got money..One was an Ivy league school like Harvard.. already gets millions in govt grants..Guess there are shitty people in every class and at every level trying to get over on Uncle Sam..

I'd really like to see a list of the companies as I'm sure would everyone else

Just now, Rigid1 said:

It's crazy,. I saw some college's applied and got money..One was an Ivy league school like Harvard.. already gets millions in govt grants..Guess there are shitty people in every class and at every level trying to get over on Uncle Sam..

No doubt. That’s bullshit about the schools. The also receive billions in endowments from wealthy donors. I could see some money going to smaller community colleges and technical colleges that serve smaller communities and have probably tight margins. But Harvard? What the fuck is going on? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

My lawyer sent out an email detailing the program. He said despite how you feel about this, this money is going to be spent and paid for with future tax increases so you may as well get what you can. That's pretty much what it boils down to. 

4 minutes ago, Anler said:

My lawyer sent out an email detailing the program. He said despite how you feel about this, this money is going to be spent and paid for with future tax increases so you may as well get what you can. That's pretty much what it boils down to. 

Your lawyer?

:lol:

12 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

No doubt. That’s bullshit about the schools. The also receive billions in endowments from wealthy donors. I could see some money going to smaller community colleges and technical colleges that serve smaller communities and have probably tight margins. But Harvard? What the fuck is going on? 

Spot on

14 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Sounds like your country is fucked all around.

Even more people will have their hand in the cookie jar after 2020.

Anyone who believed that this was about helping the taxpayer was feeding from the trough already.   Anyone who was for this lacks the ability to understand what it was about....BUT YOU GOT YOUR 1200 dollar baller check.

I think the dead people checks are not so much about the checks but just another glaring spotlight on how the govenment dose shit . and with they way they ran tbis check scam do you really believe they will get vote by mail any better ? 

I sure shit have zero faith in them to do vote by mail with out massive fraud going on and them having zero clue 

Prisoners in Canada were getting cheques, sent to the prison address. I am proud to say I nor my family took anything from the government. We have not stopped working. Someone has to pay for this bullshit. Today in Nortern Ontario, I saw cars from three different provinces using government money to travel the country spreading the virus. Fuck this, send em back to work.

12 hours ago, Anler said:

When are the loans forgiven?

1 minute ago, ford_428cj said:

When are the loans forgiven?

Maybe they should not be forgiven.  Instead just make it a very low interest loan to pay back.  Sounds like spin is advocating that.

20 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Maybe they should not be forgiven.  Instead just make it a very low interest loan to pay back.  Sounds like spin is advocating that.

Loans to small business and their forgiveness is something to be examined. I’m totally against giving money to public companies, high dollar, and affluent schools . Some businesses were on such low margins that they were functioning week to week. Perhaps they shouldn’t have been saved. Whenever programs like this are introduced it’s difficult to flesh this stuff. There’s always going to be some fraud and pointless loans/grants. There’s no denying or preventing this. The $1200 stimulus did appear to boost the economy. The evidence is overwhelming. Some of the money was misspent. Overdoses due to relapses or otherwise on narcotics skyrocketed following the stimulus. That of course is misuse. Yet again there’s no managing that. Abuse will occur. Meanwhile there’s a lot of people that went ahead with that home remodeling project which kept guys like you keeping income flowing. What one has to do is look at the entire picture. 

Edited by spin_dry

Just now, spin_dry said:

Loans to small business and their forgiveness is something to be examined. I’m totally against giving money to public companies, high dollar, and high dollar affluent schools . Some businesses were on such low margins that they were functioning week to week. Perhaps they shouldn’t have saved. Whenever programs like this are introduced it’s difficult to flesh this stuff. There’s always going to be some fraud and pointless loans/grants. There’s no denying or preventing this. The $1200 stimulus did appear to boost the economy. The evidence is overwhelming. Some of the money was misspent. Overdoses due to relapses or otherwise on narcotics skyrocketed following the stimulus. That of course is misuse. Yet again there’s no managing that. Abuse will occur. Meanwhile there’s a lot of people that went ahead with that home remodeling project which kept guys like you keeping income flowing. What one has to do is look at the entire picture. 

These businesses should be left to fail and reorganize on their own. All this bail out does is perpetuate the bad behavior that put them where they are. 

7 minutes ago, Anler said:

These businesses should be left to fail and reorganize on their own. All this bail out does is perpetuate the bad behavior that put them where they are. 

Not so fast on that. I have buddy that owns 7 restaurants with 2 franchised. He is actually doing better now with his loans than prior to the shut down. When he told me this I challenged it. His come back made a lot of sense. Everyone knows that even well run restaurants operate on tight margins. While he’s back open, the number of tables have been cut in half. That loan money will work well for him to buffer the impact of fewer tables.

Edited by spin_dry

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

Loans to small business and their forgiveness is something to be examined. I’m totally against giving money to public companies, high dollar, and affluent schools . Some businesses were on such low margins that they were functioning week to week. Perhaps they shouldn’t have been saved. Whenever programs like this are introduced it’s difficult to flesh this stuff. There’s always going to be some fraud and pointless loans/grants. There’s no denying or preventing this. The $1200 stimulus did appear to boost the economy. The evidence is overwhelming. Some of the money was misspent. Overdoses due to relapses or otherwise on narcotics skyrocketed following the stimulus. That of course is misuse. Yet again there’s no managing that. Abuse will occur. Meanwhile there’s a lot of people that went ahead with that home remodeling project which kept guys like you keeping income flowing. What one has to do is look at the entire picture. 

It's understandable how you see it and much of it I agree with.

Not so fast on that. I have buddy that owns 7 restaurants with 2 franchised. He is actually doing better now with his loans than prior to the shut down. When he told me this I challenged it. His come back made a lot of sense. Everyone knows that even well run restaurants operate on tight margins. While he’s back open, the number of tables have been cut in half. That loan money will work well for him to buffer the impact of fewer tables.

I thought these loans were all PPE loans, used for payroll in order for it to be forgiven?  Either way, they should just be low interest loans to be paid back.

I am not talking about restaurants and local businesses. I figured you would know that. 

2 hours ago, spin_dry said:

PPP was a massive mistake and any and all money the public receives from the govt should be searchable by a database.   Yes including personal welfare.   One positive thing about farm subsidies is its easily searchable by county.

By no means should one think that public companies are the only ones who abused this.   The abuse is FAR FAR FAR greater in private small business' that took the money that never needed it because they never had a significant drop in business.  

19 minutes ago, Highmark said:

PPP was a massive mistake and any and all money the public receives from the govt should be searchable by a database.   Yes including personal welfare.   One positive thing about farm subsidies is its easily searchable by county.

By no means should one think that public companies are the only ones who abused this.   The abuse is FAR FAR FAR greater in private small business' that took the money that never needed it because they never had a significant drop in business.  

Some of our competitors took PPP money and bid jobs at lower margins using the PPP as a subsidy. They actually bragged about it. I didnt think it was supposed to be used for that but I havent dug into that part of it. I think that is pretty unethical to use govt money to give yourself an unfair advantage in a competitive bid scenario. But I am learning that ethics is for suckers cuz the douchebags gobbled up more than their share. There was plenty of work to go around too.