Check your account email address ×

New F-150 powerboost

but can you load this one up with out the tailgate ballooning out like every other pos ford tailgate for the last 12 yrs .

seriously built ford tough fucking junk between my 2 Ford's I am going on 5 fucking tailgates and 1 that has not been able to open in 6 mo . 

Edited by Ez ryder

At 80,000 msrp for a truck, at 0% 60 month payment is $1,333.  A 300,000, 30yr mortgage at 3.75% is $1389.     We've officially turned the corner on a new level of insanity for what is considered a "middle class" vehicle.  

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, F3600 said:

At 80,000 msrp for a truck, at 0% 60 month payment is $1,333.  A 300,000, 30yr mortgage at 3.75% is $1389.     We've officially turned the corner on a new level of insanity for what is considered a "middle class" vehicle.  

you coukd get a 89g f150 for a few yrs now . most who buy them just swip there black amex to get the points and pay the bill at the end of the mo .

I have 2 buds with limited f150 sweet trucks but I will never piss that kind of cash away on any car or truck . but then I work for my cash both of them just go to the bank for there's so really no real concept of what it takes to make 80k 

10 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

but can you load this one up with out the tailgate ballooning out like every other pos ford tailgate for the last 12 yrs .

seriously built ford tough fucking junk between my 2 Ford's I am going on 5 fucking tailgates and 1 that has not been able to open in 6 mo . 

Not sure what your doing but between my dad and me we've had 6 new F150s in the last 10 years and never had this issue.   Now ac compressor is a different story :lol: 

22 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Zero desire to own an eco-boost.   Brother had nothing but problems with his. 

I have no desire to own a 5.0 currently.  Lots of documented issues with the 18-20 so far.   I'll take the Gen 2 Eco for now with its improvement over the Gen 1. 

Edited by Kev144

As much as a piece of shit rust box that Ford is, I will say the motor/trans/power train has given me no issues in 100k.

Half of the truck disintegrating.... another story.

10 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Not sure what your doing but between my dad and me we've had 6 new F150s in the last 10 years and never had this issue.   Now ac compressor is a different story :lol: 

Mine is a 2010 and the ac is just starting to go, that would be its only issue.

15 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Mine is a 2010 and the ac is just starting to go, that would be its only issue.

Had a compressor go on my 14 and my dad's 18. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
27 minutes ago, Snake said:

As much as a piece of shit rust box that Ford is, I will say the motor/trans/power train has given me no issues in 100k.

3 GM Duramax's (1 chevy 2 GMC's) with over 500K miles total and not one visit to the shop for body or power train.   In fact the only failures I've seen were small interior pieces and only 2 in the 3 trucks.   I keep trucks for 5 years minimum.   My trucks are well used.   Lots of towing, gravel road use and not washed weekly by any means. 

My only complaint would be the mileage not being quite as expected.   All have been good but I've "heard" of others getting better.   Could be people flat out lying too.  

Edited by Highmark

1 hour ago, Kev144 said:

just using them as trucks lime every truck I have ever owned. . I know a few other contractors with the same issues . they are litteraly just glued together. 

there is a thin frame in the center with the inner and outter skin glued to it with like 4 globs of what looks like a foaming glue ? 

load it with lumber they start to go keep doing it they will not open then they will totally balloon out .

used ones get top $$$ because they are in demand 

1 hour ago, Snake said:

yeah all in all my 12 and 15 5.0 have been pretty good zero major issues in 175k and 130k  . but a few bullshit deals lime the shitty quick connect hose fittings for water pump and tranny cooler . radios on both went to shit the electric power steering on both went to shit now on the 12 going out again not a cheep fix then just wear items that every truck has and the rust on 12 .other than that not even new spark plugs lol 

2 hours ago, Snake said:

you have the 5.0 right,  that seems to be a real stout unit.  

3 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

you have the 5.0 right,  that seems to be a real stout unit.  

I think the older 5.0 was better than the new 5.0 . I think the new 5.0 was like 18 and up ? 

I really like my older 5.os great motors .