Check your account email address ×

Walmart over Amazon?

For whatever reason Amazon's delivery times are still a minimum of 3-4 days out for us here in the sticks. One of the reasons is that they are shipping UPS sure post that adds an extra day to transfer it to the post office. Walmart on the other hand has next day service for a lot of items now. If it wasn't for the streaming I would dump Amazon.

How have Amazon deliveries been for you?

1 minute ago, ckf said:

For whatever reason Amazon's delivery times are still a minimum of 3-4 days out for us here in the sticks. One of the reasons is that they are shipping UPS sure post that adds an extra day to transfer it to the post office. Walmart on the other hand has next day service for a lot of items now. If it wasn't for the streaming I would dump Amazon.

Amazon has been honest.

eBay is where I have been ordering a bunch of test components from and wow the shipping costs are out to lunch.

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

Ours use to be good but are delayed due to covid sometimes a week.  We could sometimes get next day or same day.  Walmart is usually more expensive than amazon for us at least pre covid 

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Amazon has been honest.

eBay is where I have been ordering a bunch of test components from and wow the shipping costs are out to lunch.

I use eBay when I am not in a hurry. Their prices are usually a little lower than Amazon.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kev144 said:

Ours use to be good but are delayed due to covid sometimes a week.  We could sometimes get next day or same day.  Walmart is usually more expensive than amazon for us at least pre covid 

Prices here for what I have been ordering are about the same. I ordered bromine tablets for the hot tub a few days ago and Wally world was $2 cheaper. Walmart was next day and I got it on Tuesday. Amazon said Friday.

50 minutes ago, ckf said:

Shitty, I'm considering dumping my subscription

• Like 1

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, ckf said:

Amazon has sucked lately. I picked out a few things for the wife and they were listed as prime 1 day shipping, put them in the cart and it changed to 5 days. This is the third time I've had this happen in the last few months, i understand essentials being priority and even that has faded a bunch IMO but don't list the shit as 1 day if it's not going to happen. When my prime comes due in August I'm dumping it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Amazon has sucked lately. I picked out a few things for the wife and they were listed as prime 1 day shipping, put them in the cart and it changed to 5 days. This is the third time I've had this happen in the last few months, i understand essentials being priority and even that has faded a bunch IMO but don't list the shit as 1 day if it's not going to happen. When my prime comes due in August I'm dumping it. 

:flush:

Check the competition.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Wife has Prime and I just order things once in awhile as needed and my orders always arrive just as fast as her prime orders. They always try to give me free trial of Prime and I always decline. Told her she is wasting her money.

That being said, all our orders have been a bit slower and erratic since the "cold season" started but only by a day or 2 usually. 

3 hours ago, ckf said:

amazon is terrible.  we have gone from UPS/USPS to their shitty in house drivers who change daily and can't find their way to our delivery door so they toos packages outside whatever door they happen to find.  3-4 days delivery here unless it's in the local warehouse

11 hours ago, F3600 said:

Prime doesn't feel like it means what it used to mean.  You for sure have to add the item to your cart and view the checkout to get the realistic story of when it might arrive.  

Yes, it used to be stuff would come out of Kentucky 2 day air.  Now I don't even know if Amazon has everything in their warehouses or they have to bring it in. 

The warehouse in Shakopee has helped I think.

23 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I ordered new bed sheets yesterday off amazon. At my door in 7 hours. Crazy 

We don't get that kind of service in the sticks, lol.  It had gone from 2 day Prime to 1 day Prime on most items just before the virus struck.

1 minute ago, ckf said:

We don't get that kind of service in the sticks, lol.  It had gone from 2 day Prime to 1 day Prime on most items just before the virus struck.

The virus tangled everything up. Even basic stuff was 4-5 days out at one point. Seems to getting back to normal. 

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

The virus tangled everything up. Even basic stuff was 4-5 days out at one point. Seems to getting back to normal. 

Switching from UPS to UPS sure post didn't help on my end. That adds an extra day. 

11 hours ago, Kivalo said:

Sounds like a whole lotta first world problems to me! 

X2. The girlfriend hates big corporations and ones with poor working conditions/pay yet she buys from Amazon all the time... I try to buy local first, then if that fails I try a smaller website, then if all else fails the big A. I still have Prime from when I was in college so I get the student rate of $67 a year and if it wasn't for the streaming service I'd be done with that too...