Check your account email address ×

The coronavirus surge is real, and it's everywhere

No different than our leader. Told people not to visit cottages back in May but visited his that weekend.  We want our politicians to lead by example.  I guess when it's "your" guy it's given a pass.  

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

No different than our leader. Told people not to visit cottages back in May but visited his that weekend.  We want our politicians to lead by example.  I guess when it's "your" guy it's given a pass.  

Well  our “Leader” has made his position clear all along and he solidified it by speaking at that Arizona church in front of 3000 people packed in asses and elbows.

24 minutes ago, ckf said:

I don't coddle Jim.  Like I always say, it takes two to tango. :bc:

:bc:

13 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Dumbfucks like you and Racer should be called names and who in the fuck is beating me like a drum...certainly not ya chicken fucking hillbilly.🤣

I'll slap you around later ...got work to do 

21 minutes ago, ckf said:

I would think he wears one when he enters public buildings and shopping centers. 

Seems like it depends where you are. Around here everyone wears them and you can’t get in without.

I was in northern Michigan last weekend and I would say 95% are not wearing masks.

Just now, Edmo said:

Seems like it depends where you are. Around here everyone wears them and you can’t get in without.

I was in northern Michigan last weekend and I would say 95% are not wearing masks.

I just left Ace Hardware and most were wearing them in the store...same at Meijers this past Saturday. 

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

Start policing your own party first.   Your leadership isn't doing shit yet you want to complain about the same shit on the other side.   Hypocrisy dude.

Doctor heal thyself 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Edmo said:

Agreed.  Most seem to be wearing them around here, but as summer continues on I have to wonder if they will continue. I had one on last week while shopping and started to hyperventilate while checking out.  It isn't convenient when it's hot out.

People seem to fail to remember that this level of infection WAS EXPECTED and will go even higher.  It was and is a foregone conclusion that a significant percentage of the population will get this.  You are getting worked up about a surge in percentages off a very low base.  So again, your number of confirmed cases is only 1 data point.  The constrained resources are hospitalizations.  Fix your sights there.

Just now, F3600 said:

People seem to fail to remember that this level of infection WAS EXPECTED and will go even higher.  It was and is a foregone conclusion that a significant percentage of the population will get this.  You are getting worked up about a surge in percentages off a very low base.  So again, your number of confirmed cases is only 1 data point.  The constrained resources are hospitalizations.  Fix your sights there.

Hospitalizations is the biggest factor IMO.  When they start running out of beds you know it's serious.

45 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Well  our “Leader” has made his position clear all along and he solidified it by speaking at that Arizona church in front of 3000 people packed in asses and elbows.

Every single person there did so of their own volition.

30 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

7781c18bb1391466e9cf0f0122ae8077--social

2 hours ago, racer254 said:

I believe he is setting an example, just not the example MC wants.   Which is why he should be petitioning his party to cancel gatherings first and foremost.

Should he be cutting funding to BLM first since they are organizing these protests?  I don't see anyone saying that. 

No, instead it is all about trump.  Trump this, trump that.  I think someone said it already, but if you don't want to go to the rally, then DON'T GO.  If you are afraid, don't go.  Really very simple.

You should open a book and learn something and just stop accusing me of something I want.

I want our country to be safe and lead by example. I wanted Trump to shut down the country as a whole so all states can fight this deadly disease together. He needs to set an example by wearing a mask and taking precaution and not leading many to their deaths or their lives shortened by contacting Covid 19 even if they recover. This also includes taking advice for the CDC and not squelching their advice to save the economy. Trump knows this is a United States but wants to let states deal with it on their own creating anger and hate from states that have successfully fought the disease and states that blew it off because Trump ignored it. This creates division in our country and it a trait dictators use to create unrest.

What you will see is states requiring people from other states that have ignored the warnings with record infections enter their states with a 14 day quarantine. It’s starting to happen right now. 

Dead Americans don’t buy anything and until the pandemic is addressed and solved by the government with EVERY state working together the economy will continue to tank no matter how many trillions of everyone’s tax dollars get thrown at it.

Over 120,000 Americans have died and it makes no difference if they were old or not. Tell it to their families who can’t be with them in their las hours because the virus is so contagious. 

Black lives matter as well as everyone. Trump misses as a leader once again as not addressing this head first like every great leader would or has to quell the violence.

i have already responded much longer that I have ever wanted to one of your bullshit posts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

You should open a book and learn something and just stop accusing me of something I want.

I want our country to be safe and lead by example. I wanted Trump to shut down the country as a whole so all states can fight this deadly disease together. He needs to set an example by wearing a mask and taking precaution and not leading many to their deaths or their lives shortened by contacting Covid 19 even if they recover. This also includes taking advice for the CDC and not squelching their advice to save the economy. Trump knows this is a United States but wants to let states deal with it on their own creating anger and hate from states that have successfully fought the disease and states that blew it off because Trump ignored it. This creates division in our country and it a trait dictators use to create unrest.

What you will see is states requiring people from other states that have ignored the warnings with record infections enter their states with a 14 day quarantine. It’s starting to happen right now. 

Dead Americans don’t buy anything and until the pandemic is addressed and solved by the government with EVERY state working together the economy will continue to tank no matter how many trillions of everyone’s tax dollars get thrown at it.

Over 120,000 Americans have died and it makes no difference if they were old or not. Tell it to their families who can’t be with them in their las hours because the virus is so contagious. 

Black lives matter as well as everyone. Trump misses as a leader once again as not addressing this head first like every great leader would or has to quell the violence.

i have already responded much longer that I have ever wanted to one of your bullshit posts.

:goodpost:

2 hours ago, racer254 said:

Do you think MC is wearing a mask every day, staying home, and doing the exact same thing that he wants trump to do?   I know others on here are traveling to other states, yet demanding trump stop rallies.

More fuckin drivel from your pie hole about me you clueless idiot.

I am and many where I live do. I live in a state N.H. and border state MA that have been successful and really lowering the curve because everyone took it seriously and stayed home, wore masks and socially distanced.

1 hour ago, Snake said:

Every single person there did so of their own volition.

7781c18bb1391466e9cf0f0122ae8077--social

Of course they did because they are following the lead of Trump who simply wants Corona to “go away” and has politicized the wearing of masks. Look around the world and you’ll see how badly this country has fared in dealing with this virus and it starts at the top even though you’ll defend the guy to the death. 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

Hmmm...what about that police reform bill the dems won’t even vote on. Politics over actually helping somebody. Can’t allow this president to have a single win. 
That what you call leadership?

Edited by Edmo

1 minute ago, Skidooski said:

:stirthepot:

FBF8E622-C3CF-478F-BFD2-61A00C1398C9.thumb.jpeg.2f6631835c3b469a74be029fc17e939e.jpeg

It may be that the protests are outside vs an inside event rally. From the way I understand it being inside with an infected person is worse than being around them outside.

5 hours ago, racer254 said:

Protests are going on in every big city.  

True and not a good idea, but every health official I have heard said outdoor risk is far lower than indoor, and the closeness and length of time in close proximity indoors is worse. And then there is the whole one is the President and the others are protestors, see any differences?