Check your account email address ×

Score!!!! 2020 has been totally awesome.

• Gold Member

Been huge paychecks, lack of traffic, and back yard home improvements.  Pretty much forgot I was bored at the onset of Covid Panic opened a Robinhood account with about $2500.  Opened my app today to take a peak and it looks like I have pretty much doubled my money.  Should have dumped a a 100 in but was skeptical.

7C0D6AE5-BEB8-42C4-9EAE-6DF186CD30DB.thumb.png.91fb67467c94fb9aebe75e79c82f33aa.png

how has 2020 been for you guys so far?  Any complaints?

• Like 2

Really sucky here.  My portfolio looks incredible too, and I bought pretty heavy in the dip when the Dow was around 16k. But with the stuff going wrong this year, any happiness from earning is way more than offset by shitty things.

• Like 1

I was prepared for a massive stock crash, I was more worried about the fukkin COVID....still am.

My portfolio is almost back to ATH. 

I can't believe it.

AC, Woofie, can you believe this shit!!!!!!   :wtf:

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

Really sucky here.  My portfolio looks incredible too, and I bought pretty heavy in the dip when the Dow was around 16k. But with the stuff going wrong this year, any happiness from earning is way more than offset by shitty things.

I hear ya' dood. The covid, the race stuff, it really sucks. I know it has really pissed me off. Hang in there, sooner or later ......it will pass. 

• Gold Member
7 minutes ago, Matt said:

My 401k and my home value are doing really well.  It makes me want to sell the house with all the gains I think I have in my home value

Neighbor across the street has his home up. I figured with the Covid, he would sit on it for quite a while. He's had two offers ABOVE ASKING!! One backed out, one could not get the financing. Market is apparently still good. 

Just now, Polaris 550 said:

Neighbor across the street has his home up. I figured with the Covid, he would sit on it for quite a while. He's had two offers ABOVE ASKING!! One backed out, one could not get the financing. Market is apparently still good. 

not uncommon to see 5-10 offers on property right now. I had 5 customers make over ask offers this weekend only 1 was accepted others were beaten out.  

there is still a lack of inventory which is driving prices up.  

Long term foreclosures will be brutal on home prices. Once the free Trump cash gets blown it’s gonna get nasty.

the longer Trump ignores the growing pandemic the  worse the economy becomes.

Edited by Mainecat

My neighbor put his house up last week.  He had 6 offers over asking price, 2 of which were cash by 3 PM the next day.  Housing market here is super hot.  Inventory is way down compared to normal.

Boat dealers can't keep boats in stock.  Local Malibu dealer is completely sold out of 2020s, even some of the uglier floor models.

People have cash to burn.

14 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Long term foreclosures will be brutal on home prices. Once the free Trump cash gets blown it’s gonna get nasty.

the longer Trump ignores the growing pandemic the  worse the economy becomes.

they are smarter this time and are trying to do what they can to keep foreclosues from destroying the market.  Loan performance is not actually all that bad and forebearence numbers are not huge.  we have some time to get the job situation straight before there should be a run on foreclosures.  I do wish i could get out now and rent till i am ready to buy when the market falls,  that is inevitable not jsut something because of Trumps actions,  we have had almost a decade of rise-  just like the stock market one can't ride that forever.  

I did dump all my 529 plan holdings the other day because of my feelings about that.  I will use all that money over the next 30 months so no reason to risk it when i have enough to cover the obligations.   

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Matt said:

My neighbor put his house up last week.  He had 6 offers over asking price, 2 of which were cash by 3 PM the next day.  Housing market here is super hot.  Inventory is way down compared to normal.

Boat dealers can't keep boats in stock.  Local Malibu dealer is completely sold out of 2020s, even some of the uglier floor models.

That's awesome...but...

I can see a scenario where governments will have little choice but introduce a wealth tax.

If business and employment taxes can't feed the bloated government it's unfair share, which is likely for some time...I'd hide your money, not flaunt it.

Personally I invested in .556, .762, and the devices that eat them.

56 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

not uncommon to see 5-10 offers on property right now. I had 5 customers make over ask offers this weekend only 1 was accepted others were beaten out.  

My niece is a realtor and she says market is red hot right now. She listed a house last week and sold it for asking price in 48 hours. 

21 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

they are smarter this time and are trying to do what they can to keep foreclosues from destroying the market.  Loan performance is not actually all that bad and forebearence numbers are not huge.  we have some time to get the job situation straight before there should be a run on foreclosures.  I do wish i could get out now and rent till i am ready to buy when the market falls,  that is inevitable not jsut something because of Trumps actions,  we have had almost a decade of rise-  just like the stock market one can't ride that forever.  

I did dump all my 529 plan holdings the other day because of my feelings about that.  I will use all that money over the next 30 months so no reason to risk it when i have enough to cover the obligations.   

Sounds good.

17 minutes ago, Anler said:

My niece is a realtor and she says market is red hot right now. She listed a house last week and sold it for asking price in 48 hours. 

yup that market seems to be spread out all over the place that hot.  We lend in 17 states up and down the east coast and outside some small pockets everyone has strong home sales right now.  Combined with the rates being low for refi's this will be the best year ever for business for the company and a lot of the staff.   

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

yup that market seems to be spread out all over the place that hot.  We lend in 17 states up and down the east coast and outside some small pockets everyone has strong home sales right now.  Combined with the rates being low for refi's this will be the best year ever for business for the company and a lot of the staff.   

Good news! :bc: 

I can't believe how good the market is doing. I just can't believe it.

A friend of mine called a few days ago, said they went up to Winnepesaukee, and the place was MOBBED. BOATS by the hundreds if not thousands. Traffic was bumper to bumper at Hampton Beach, on another day. 

WTF!!!!!  :wtf:

2 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

I was prepared for a massive stock crash, I was more worried about the fukkin COVID....still am.

My portfolio is almost back to ATH. 

I can't believe it.

AC, Woofie, can you believe this shit!!!!!!   :wtf:

I hear ya' dood. The covid, the race stuff, it really sucks. I know it has really pissed me off. Hang in there, sooner or later ......it will pass. 

Believe it, Maga.

1 hour ago, Anler said:

Real estate here is holding, but it's not hot, that's the residential market, I would stay away from that.

4 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

my cabin neighbor listed and sold sight unseen with a over cash offer in just hrs after listing went live .

closed in 21 days .

thinking real real hard about listing my cabin in july .

I am going to be building a new home  this fall/winter and really don't want to have any debt on it . 

2 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

I can't believe how good the market is doing. I just can't believe it.

A friend of mine called a few days ago, said they went up to Winnepesaukee, and the place was MOBBED. BOATS by the hundreds if not thousands. Traffic was bumper to bumper at Hampton Beach, on another day. 

WTF!!!!!  :wtf:

Spend some.

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

That one meet you? 

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Wut, you think that's funny????

I know it is.   Quit running around in your pee stained undies and he might have a chance  to sell the place.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Matt said:

And cheap credit!

• Thanks 1