Check your account email address ×

Did the Woman Behind Aunt Jemima Die a Millionaire?

10 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Does anyone believe Snopes? Ever?

I get all of my news from Twitter and YouTube! Bill Gates is gonna install Windows 98 on all of our brains!

• Haha 4

• Platinum Contributing Member

Anyone who lives in  New England and buys Aunt Jemina or mrs buttersworth “syrup” should be banished to CHAZ or CHOP or whatevah the fuck they are calling Seattle these days. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Wife picked up a bottle yesterday when grocery shopping.  I told her to hold onto it, cuz its gonna help fund our retirement lol

You need one of the originals! 

28 minutes ago, Shifty said:

Anyone who lives in  New England and buys Aunt Jemina or mrs buttersworth “syrup” should be banished to CHAZ or CHOP or whatevah the fuck they are calling Seattle these days. 

Canadian maple syrup FTMFW!

3 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Wife picked up a bottle yesterday when grocery shopping.  I told her to hold onto it, cuz its gonna help fund our retirement lol

I was thinking the same thing as I passed it the other day :lol: 

1 hour ago, Anler said:

Canadian maple syrup FTMFW!

We have some pretty good local maple syrup up here. One of our neighbours has a sugar shack and cabin farther north and dropped off a jug when it was ready. The stuff is pretty tasty

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, smokin george said:

We have some pretty good local maple syrup up here. One of our neighbours has a sugar shack and cabin farther north and dropped off a jug when it was ready. The stuff is pretty tasty

Just now, Angry ginger said:

wrong,  New England Maple Syrup FTMFW-  fuck those canooks

I will trade you faggots some NE maple syrup for some cow!

I have never had NE maple syrup, Ive had some Michigan stuff and it wasnt nearly as good as the nook syrup we get. 

2 hours ago, frenchy said:

I was thinking the same thing as I passed it the other day :lol: 

So ridiculous....next thing black and white will be elongated as colors on the color wheel. :lol: 

15 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

So ridiculous....next thing black and white will be elongated as colors on the color wheel. :lol: 

I actually did some back reading on 'Aunt Jemima' and the whole story has some direct racial/slave history overtones that are pretty hard to ignore. They were talking on the radio the other day too about The University of Mississippi being referred to as 'Ole Miss'. Apparently that is what slaves used to refer to the wife of the slave owner as. Anyhow point is I didn't realize how much racial segregation/slavery history plays into modern day products and names, etc. I don't know what to make of it but it pretty crazy when you think about how it just became an acceptable part of society and marketing brands, sports teams, etc. 

15 minutes ago, frenchy said:

I actually did some back reading on 'Aunt Jemima' and the whole story has some direct racial/slave history overtones that are pretty hard to ignore. They were talking on the radio the other day too about The University of Mississippi being referred to as 'Ole Miss'. Apparently that is what slaves used to refer to the wife of the slave owner as. Anyhow point is I didn't realize how much racial segregation/slavery history plays into modern day products and names, etc. I don't know what to make of it but it pretty crazy when you think about how it just became an acceptable part of society and marketing brands, sports teams, etc. 

Oh boy. :lol: