Check your account email address ×

Just Be Grateful The Standing Rock Sioux Tribe Isn't Defending Its Property The Way A White Republican Man Would

8 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Well, if they were Israel and we were Palestinians, you'd be cheering on the slaughter of my children in the service of the original occupants. 

But since they're native Americans, you'd be opposed to them and take up arms against them. 

3 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

The land their on was ceded to them in 1851 under treaty.

All these other stupid tangents you're off on are irrelevant.

Just now, motonoggin said:

Upstream from a large water supply used for both drinking water and crop irrigation. 

Sounds safe. 

This is humanity's major stumbling block. Hubris.

Refer to Fukushima for the latest example of human hubris.

Yes we have the pipes all over. America runs in them. You have flower power and no solution. You don't even have #'s . Protests on line 5 had no reps from northern Michigan and SD has very few people who live there involved. I'll ask one more time what about the pipe that already goes under that same river ? What will save us from that? And yes this new one is more safe than that. 

If you spoke with some of the everyday guys who build this stuff you might get a clue

10 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

Yes we have the pipes all over. America runs in them. You have flower power and no solution. You don't even have #'s . Protests on line 5 had no reps from northern Michigan and SD has very few people who live there involved. I'll ask one more time what about the pipe that already goes under that same river ? What will save us from that? And yes this new one is more safe than that. 

If you spoke with some of the everyday guys who build this stuff you might get a clue

I have, and I've seen their neglect first hand.

http://www.oilandwaterdontmix.org/enbridge_safety_record

Just now, Ez ryder said:

as apposed to what? there are still a few communes around the world go find 1. just don't drink the kool aid

That doesn't create massive social change.

I don't expect it to take months or years to get where I think humanity can be. It will take generations.

My duty, as I see it, is to help pull the country in a libertarian and leftist direction and ensure the survival of the next generation of the revolution by any means necessary. 

If that means participation in capitalism to survive, so be it. The capitalists will sell us the rope with which we shall hang them. It is inevitable.

4 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

and have a military power structure .

You've never really watched star trek, have you?

Participation in the United Federation of Planets is completely voluntary and virtually unconditional. The prime directive governs everything they do, and they always seek diplomatic solutions before engaging in any military actions.

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, motonoggin said:

Move towards renewables. If Bush had done something about it after 9/11, we'd be 15 years into it by now and he'd be seen as a national hero instead of a warmonger. 

I imagine you dont drive a prius or a volt or a focus electric or a tesla. Or the likes of many of the numerous electric or hybrids on the market

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

I imagine you dont drive a prius or a volt or a focus electric or a tesla. Or the likes of many of the numerous electric or hybrids on the market

I've thought about it. 

But it's pretty clear nothing short of returning to hunting/gathering will satisfy some of you idiots. 

And until that technology is accessible to the poor, it is neither radical nor revolutionary.

7 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

I've thought about it. 

But it's pretty clear nothing short of returning to hunting/gathering will satisfy some of you idiots. 

And until that technology is accessible to the poor, it is neither radical nor revolutionary.

Justifiable hypocrisy.

Under what ism/ist does that fall under?

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

I've thought about it. 

Well then that pipeline is needed to fill up hemi's and suburbans.

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

Well then that pipeline is needed to fill up hemi's and suburbans.

No one expects change overnight. 

Me buying a Prius is a fart in a windstorm and puts an undue economic burden on me and my family. You'll never convince enough people to make the sacrifice on their own. Especially when you consider wages have been stagnant for decades. 

This would be much easier to bootstrap if wage earners had disposable income, but since capitalism has made sure that they do not, we are faced with this paradox. 

At this point, the only solutions are policies that raise wages and a national renewable energy initiative.

• Gold Member
11 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

No one expects change overnight. 

Me buying a Prius is a fart in a windstorm and puts an undue economic burden on me and my family. You'll never convince enough people to make the sacrifice on their own. Especially when you consider wages have been stagnant for decades. 

This would be much easier to bootstrap if wage earners had disposable income, but since capitalism has made sure that they do not, we are faced with this paradox. 

At this point, the only solutions are policies that raise wages and a national renewable energy initiative.

Used prius are cheap as fuck.  Can haul 4 or 5.  Hell new ones are cheap as fuck.  Hell it would prolly be the cheapest to buy and have the cheapest cost of ownership of all your vehicles.  Those cars make economic sense and would save you money!  It would lessen the financial burden on you and your family.

i have a car that can easily go a couple thousand miles on a barrel of oil and they are the most economic positive vehicle that leaves money in my pocket

Edited by BOHICA

Just now, Sludgey said:

A logical fallacy would be constructing a false reality based on pure fiction 

Pretending I thought star trek was a documentary rather than science fiction that portrays a very close to ideal society is, what, then?

Dishonesty? Stupidity? 

3 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Pretending I thought star trek was a documentary rather than science fiction that portrays a very close to ideal society is, what, then?

Dishonesty? Stupidity? 

Pretending a fake society is ideal when it doesn't exist is stupidity yes 

1 minute ago, Sludgey said:

Pretending a fake society is ideal when it doesn't exist is stupidity yes 

Lmao. So trying to achieve more equality and freedom amongst mankind is just a silly dream. 

Too cynical for me. Cynicism is the refuge of cowards.

1 minute ago, motonoggin said:

Lmao. So trying to achieve more equality and freedom amongst mankind is just a silly dream. 

Too cynical for me. Cynicism is the refuge of cowards.

Liberals are way to greedy for a society like that to ever exist