Check your account email address ×

Biden visits site of George Floyd protests in Wilmington

While Trump hides Biden shows what presidential leadership is.

Biden visits site of George Floyd protests in Wilmington

Source: The Hill

Presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden paid a visit to the site of Saturday night's protests in Wilmington, Del., amid the fallout from the death of George Floyd, according to an Instagram post. 

"We are a nation in pain, but we must not allow this pain to destroy us. We are a nation enraged, but we cannot allow our rage to consume us. We are a nation exhausted, but we will not allow our exhaustion to defeat us," Biden said in a Sunday statement posted to the social media site, accompanied by a photo of him in a mask speaking with a man and child across a line of police tape. 

"The only way to bear this pain is to turn all that anguish to purpose," he added. "And as President, I will help lead this conversation — and more importantly, I will listen, just as I did today visiting the site of last night's protests in Wilmington."

Read more: https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/500383-biden-visits-site-of-george-floyd-protests-in-wilmington

• Platinum Contributing Member

Joe Biden: Poor kids are just as Talented as white kids.

Joe Biden’s History of Working With Notorious Racists

While at a fundraiser on June 18, 2019, Biden invoked the name of former Mississippi Democrat Sen. James O. Eastland, who spent 36 years as a senator and who, even among racists, was notorious for his white supremacist commentary. Eastland, who never sought to retract his views, stated plainly, “I have no prejudice in my heart, but the white race is the superior race and the Negro race an inferior race and the races must be kept separate by law.” Eastland, who made similar white supremacist remarks on the Senate floor, was never censored, rebuked nor publicly reprimanded by his Democratic colleagues at that time — Biden included — for his racist statements. Known as the “Voice of the White South,” Eastland was instead perfectly acceptable to the Democratic Party. It’s no wonder that this more overt strain of white supremacist thinking allows for the more passive strain to be advanced.

Did he lecture George on what it means to be black?    Hard to believe just a couple of weeks ago this guy makes one of the most racist remarks uttered by a presidential nominee and now he is Malcom X .  
talk about your dumb mfrs :lol:

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Did he lecture George on what it means to be black?    Hard to believe just a couple of weeks ago this guy makes one of the most racist remarks uttered by a presidential nominee and now he is Malcom X .  
talk about your dumb mfrs :lol:

It’s just flabbergasting. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

I don’t like pissy presidents especially ckickenhawks who hide in bunkers.

Chickenhawk.  :lol:  Tell us about Joe's asthma deferral again. 

Remember that time Biden was saying the enemy in Afghanistan wouldn't respect us if we used all our technology to fight them and that we should fight more at their level even at the cost of thousands of American soldiers lives.   It was great. :wall:

Edited by Highmark