Check your account email address ×

Covid Flyovers

Anyone else live where they're doing this?  Last week it was a flight of 7 F35s and 7 F16s led by a KC135 refueling tanker.  Today it was a B25, B17, and C47.

https%3A%2F%2Fapi.thedrive.com%2Fwp-cont

1588992041400.jpg.5eb537f04258bec1111e28

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 hours ago, Matt said:

Anyone else live where they're doing this?  Last week it was a flight of 7 F35s and 7 F16s led by a KC135 refueling tanker.  Today it was a B25, B17, and C47.

https%3A%2F%2Fapi.thedrive.com%2Fwp-cont

1588992041400.jpg.5eb537f04258bec1111e28

None here but that is pretty damn cool.

Good size Air National guard here so, I see and hear plenty of military planes and choppers.  I still try to identify them by sound if I can.  Our July air show here every year is huge. Probably cancelled now though.  Imbeciles.

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Good size Air National guard here so, I see and hear plenty of military planes and choppers.  I still try to identify them by sound if I can.  Our July air show here every year is huge. Probably cancelled now though.  Imbeciles.

We see the occasional Blackhawk as Camp Grayling is near by....massive Guard Base and Bombing Range. Also used to see F16's out of Battle Creek (I think)  ripping over the lake...so badass. One summer we even had a few A10 sightings...movement for sure. 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

We see the occasional Blackhawk as Camp Grayling is near by....massive Guard Base and Bombing Range. Also used to see F16's out of Battle Creek ripping over the lake...so badass. One summer we even had a few A10 sightings...movement for sure. 

During the air show here, for about a week those fly boys can cruise below the normal hard deck and hit their afterburners.  It shakes the house and scares the shit out of the dogs and cats.  LOL!  Fuckers!  I know they are up their laughing about it.  Some around here get really upset about it.  I just laugh.

• Haha 1

When I was a kid in the mid 70's we lived out on the South Arm of Lake Charlevoix and every once in awhile we would get a booming window rattler....loved it! 

31 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

They've been launching the National Guard 2 - 3 times a day all week.  They blast by our hangers full afterburner, one plane every 5 seconds.  Can't hear a fucking thing.

20 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

During the air show here, for about a week those fly boys can cruise below the normal hard deck and hit their afterburners.  It shakes the house and scares the shit out of the dogs and cats.  LOL!  Fuckers!  I know they are up their laughing about it.  Some around here get really upset about it.  I just laugh.

The airshows are cool the 3 days leading up to it.  It's practice time so a free show for all of us before the show, plus we get free parking and free airshow when we have our company picknick on airshow day.  It's a nice little perc.

• Gold Member
21 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I remember as a kid my grandmother lived near a SAC base full of B-52s, shit would vibrate off shelves when they flew in or out. :lol:

• Haha 1

Just now, Stephen Hawking said:

I remember as a kid my grandmother lived near a SAC base full of B-52s, shit would vibrate off shelves when they flew in or out. :lol:

When I was at NMU in Marquette we would see B 52's out of KI Sawyer...impressive birds. 

2 hours ago, Fireball 440 said:

The airshows are cool the 3 days leading up to it.  It's practice time so a free show for all of us before the show, plus we get free parking and free airshow when we have our company picknick on airshow day.  It's a nice little perc.

yup,  i work on an old AFB and we've had several airshows that scared the shit out of me when they came over our building from behind and just popped out at low altitude.  we also have the first of the new tankers at our ANG facility there,  not sure thye are operational yet as the amount of flying seems down,  we also get some squadrons as they ferry overseas off and on.  

Used to get B52s on low altitude maneuvers over NE WI too from the base in the UP. That was always crazy to see when you were out on a quiet lake. 

• Like 1

I think if somebody hasn’t been to a good military air show, they should go at least once.  Even if you are a worthless, pacifist fucking hippy, you’d appreciate what we have developed. 

Then, think of it being lethally armed with technology even greater!  Whew!!!!

BDEE5960-399F-4C80-B81E-7E4B93B275AD.gif

Been fly fishing all alone, wading in a remote section of Maine stream and heard a strange whistle sound behind me....Then boom overhead, 2 jets wing tip to wing tip flying low lever maneuvers over the mountains very low. Scared the crap out of me. Glad I was wearing my depends.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

I have seen the Blue Angles and I have seen the Thunderbirds but I am not sure I have heard of them flying together.

Yeah that is very cool...hopefully they keep doing it after this shit has passed. 

24 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Been fly fishing all alone, wading in a remote section of Maine stream and heard a strange whistle sound behind me....Then boom overhead, 2 jets wing tip to wing tip flying low lever maneuvers over the mountains very low. Scared the crap out of me. Glad I was wearing my depends.

Pfffft. You say that like it's not a normal occurrence for you.........