Check your account email address ×

Oregon has lost its mind over COVID-19

1 minute ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Laid off a few months taking home more than when working, how's it bad?

I've been weathered a number of recessions, it's construction, it's a feast or famine industry. Last recession there were guys who were laidoff for 2 years, and being construction we're the first to get with a recession and the last to recover.

I haven’t heard of one construction company laying off. They’re all very busy. One of the larger cheese companies cut back and now they’re full force again. 

4 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Laid off a few months taking home more than when working, how's it bad?

I've been weathered a number of recessions, it's construction, it's a feast or famine industry. Last recession there were guys who were laidoff for 2 years, and being construction we're the first to get with a recession and the last to recover.

i did just fine in 08 09 . like only a 10g hit each yr over past earning . like I said union and state workers are fine with this and other reasons to wollow and get to point the finger at why they are where they are in life . it is a fucking life style . sad on but see it all the time 

Edited by Ez ryder

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I haven’t heard of one construction company laying off. They’re all very busy. One of the larger cheese companies cut back and now they’re full force again. 

still work for now . keep people out of there factory and see how long it lasts . 

my bud puts up big comercial poll buildings he has had 4 cancel this mo . he is not sad about it because he can now move the gu is up who were offering to pay more to get moved up the line . 

6 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Alot of the residential guys are shut down. And the rest is kind of up in the air for us. Some jobs are going while others are on hold.

And tradesmen are people too, some are in the high risk category. It's not that good of a year for construction. 

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

no doubt i would let my kids do it.  no real risk to the young.  

And kids need something fun and productive to do this summer. Baseball is perfect for that. 

If anybody really thinks they are going to be able to lock these kids in their homes all summer after doing it for the last month of school...well, here's your sign.  This virus didn't go away and it isn't going to.  Blaming kids for the spread is absurd.

11 hours ago, spin_dry said:

I thought everyone was laid off and out of work?   LOL. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, racer254 said:

I thought everyone was laid off and out of work?   LOL. 

You think and say a lot of things that make no sense or are just fucking stupid. 

12 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

You think and say a lot of things that make no sense or are just fucking stupid. 

6 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

:lol: 

Are you two still working?

29 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Are you two still working?

I'm essential.  outside a drive to OH i've been at my desk everyday since this thing began.  I like to social distance from the wife and kids.

4 hours ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

It isn't just the kids to worry about.  

Neal

well they are not allowed in to the nursing home to see grandma anyway .

a d from what I see no kids are social distancing any way 

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

If anybody really thinks they are going to be able to lock these kids in their homes all summer after doing it for the last month of school...well, here's your sign.  This virus didn't go away and it isn't going to.  Blaming kids for the spread is absurd.

well to a point . I see teen kids all hanging out together like always. 

I also know for a fact some of theses kids work in local nursing homes .

imho if really worried about the old people they need to lay off any one under say 26 from working at the homes . we all know 99% of the kids under 25 don't think past the beer they are drinking