Check your account email address ×

Question for the 'fuck wearing a mask' crew

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

The crew that refuses to use a mask bithching about someone trying to do what they think is right. Unfucking believable.  

Ignorance shouldn’t be encouraged.  

3 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

brother and I went to Jackman last week to retrieve our sleds and gear at camp, as things had been pretty much been locked down for the past month.  We packed a lunch, topped off fuel when we left.  In the 12 hours it took to go up and back, we stopped to piss twice on the side of a dirt road, and once for gas using a rubber disposable glove.  No human interaction at all.  No one in Maine was wearing a mask or gloves that I could see.  And no friggin way were we going to quarantine 14 days after taking those precautions.

Yeah I need to fetch the sleds at camp.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Get Sheep Shit all hammered up tonight and I’ll poke at him.  :lol:

12 pack of Cow is on the way  :lol:

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

Make him a Mod over on HCS....oh wait.

:lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member
55 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

No...you’ve spread!  :lol:

But you made my point perfectly.  It’s not effectiveness that matters to oh so many, it’s the appearance of some half assed attempt that’s important.  Congratulations....I’m sure some that saw you with your turtle neck appreciated your effort.  

No they didn't...the fucking power was out...couldn't see a damn thing. Hopefully I bought grass seed and not chicken scratch or something. :lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member
38 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Ignorance shouldn’t be encouraged.  

Look..I realize what I wore today wasn't ideal but I'm sure it helps somewhat and If had a N95 I would have worn that...it is what it is. 

• Gold Member

This is what the mask order in Massachusetts says....

What constitutes an appropriate face mask?

The order requires any cloth that covers your nose and mouth, including a mask, scarf or bandana. Boston Mayor Marty Walsh shared a video tutorial Sunday on how to make a face covering at home.

Medical-grade masks like N95 respirators should be preserved for health care workers and first responders.

Will people who don't wear masks in public be fined?

The order provides that people who don't comply can face a fine of up to $300.

• Thanks 1

yo marty.       Fuck off.  

the constantly changing recommendations with this are pretty sketchy.   Shit,  Governor Baker was here at the covid hospital with us in boston walking around for a While with staff and security NOT wearing a mask.   All the while WE are told constantly to keep one on at all times.     Then we are in and out of the occupied wards for weeks now and none of us have come down with it.    Some of our guys are BAD about proper protocols too.  Still ,  nada.  🤷‍♂️   But yes we all wear the cheapo masks to prevent our own aerosols from flying around.   

7F43156B-74FB-4985-B445-D9367E99481D.jpeg

Edited by old indy
  • Like 1

Sitting at the gate waiting to board our Delta flight back to AK. Maybe 10% of the people here are wearing masks and half of those are just bandanas. The delta ticket agents were wearing masks but not gloves. The agent took my passport and fumbled through each page until he found my picture. He also took my phone with my electronic boarding pass and scanned my pass from my phone. He handed both back to me and then did the same with my wife’s phone and passport. 

At security screening almost no TSA person had a mask on. The few that did were wearing normal surgical masks. The TSA agent, with no mask or gloves took my passport and phone. He fondled both for half a minute before giving them back to me. 

Can someone describe to me how a mask, in this situation, will stop the spread of this virus. If any of the 4 people I had direct contact with today has or would have had this virus we would all have it. A mask would have not done one thing to prevent the spread of this virus. None, nada,  zipola. 

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

Sitting at the gate waiting to board our Delta flight back to AK. Maybe 10% of the people here are wearing masks and half of those are just bandanas. The delta ticket agents were wearing masks but not gloves. The agent took my passport and fumbled through each page until he found my picture. He also took my phone with my electronic boarding pass and scanned my pass from my phone. He handed both back to me and then did the same with my wife’s phone and passport. 

At security screening almost no TSA person had a mask on. The few that did were wearing normal surgical masks. The TSA agent, with no mask or gloves took my passport and phone. He fondled both for half a minute before giving them back to me. 

Can someone describe to me how a mask, in this situation, will stop the spread of this virus. If any of the 4 people I had direct contact with today has or would have had this virus we would all have it. A mask would have not done one thing to prevent the spread of this virus. None, nada,  zipola. 

How do you arrive at that conclusion? 

Just now, ckf said:

How do you arrive at that conclusion? 

Because if any of us were infected we would have the virus on our hands on our phones on our passports on our boarding passes. The virus would be on the luggage handles. The virus would have been on everything every single person I encounter had touched. 

If I hand my phone to someone and its contaminated how will a mask prevent the spread. 

the entire mask thing is phony as fuck. 

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

Because if any of us were infected we would have the virus on our hands on our phones on our passports on our boarding passes. The virus would be on the luggage handles. The virus would have been on everything every single person I encounter had touched. 

If I hand my phone to someone and its contaminated how will a mask prevent the spread. 

the entire mask thing is phony as fuck. 

You don't carry hand sanitizer when in those situations.  I'm guessing there were some dispensers scattered around. :dunno:

Just now, ckf said:

You don't carry hand sanitizer when in those situations.  I'm guessing there were some dispensers scattered around. :dunno:

This is about wearing a mask. Not using hand sanitizer. 

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

If the gate agent, who touched my phone and passport with his bare hands, was contagious how would me or him wearing a mask prevent the virus from spreading?

Because you can clean your hands and devices with hand sanitizer.  Quit reaching Tom.

Yes there are hand sanitizer dispensaries and I carry sanitizer with me almost everywhere. 

I used hand sanitizer 4 times since getting in the uber 45 minutes ago. Ive used it 3 times since arriving at the airport. 

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

This is about wearing a mask. Not using hand sanitizer. 

Don't be a dink. You know damn well the 2 together isn't an uncommon approach. 

1 minute ago, ckf said:

Don't be a dink. You know damn well the 2 together isn't an uncommon approach. 

This thread is about wearing a mask. If you want to go back and add hand sanitizer to the OP then be my guest.