Check your account email address ×

Will your favorite restaurant or watering hole survive?

ckf

55 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

They aren't worth much when they are running full steam ahead.  They are really struggling now and need whatever customers they can get to stay afloat.

Just got off the phone with him. He’s doing ok. Obtained a federal loan to keep his people working. He’s well diversified. It’s good to hear that he’s weathering it 

1 minute ago, Seatofmypants said:

They are strong, but the issue with them is they aren't pedigreed like the sauces were.  I could walk in anywhere and say that Comp won the 2018 Jack.....can never take that away.  The rubs are different in that everyone can blend a few spices, salt, and sugar together and whammo....."taste this incredible, one of a kind rub!!!" I'm skeptical just because I thought there was no way the BBQ would take off.. and luckily I was wrong.  We will see, they are a great product, but they have some stiff competition.

Sell the rubs as an addition to the award winning sauce.  The rub helps complete the flavor profile of the award winner. 

• Advertising Member
Just now, ckf said:

Sell the rubs as an addition to the award winning sauce.  The rub helps complete the flavor profile of the award winner. 

Oh yeah for sure.  They rubs are made to stand on their own but they really shine with our sauces.  That's the line we are taking on marketing these, I'm thinking the sauces will have enough weight to get people to try the seasonings.  As of this morning we have about 1/3 or our first order pre-sold, and are closing in on 15,000 bottles of bbq since late last June.  I wish you could see the support we are generating here locally....its crazy.  We will survive this and should come out on the other side swinging.  I'm honestly looking forward to it.

• Like 1

Most of the restaurants in Havasu will survive.  They all seem to be very busy with their takeout service. There are a huge number of eateries in this town for its population. They have to compete for every dollar.  We normally eat out 6-7 times per week. That is fairly common around here for a lot of people. 

The Indian Cuisine place will not survive.  They never had more than 2 tables seated at a time before the CV. We have eaten there many times. They have a roasted garlic naan that is just incredible. 

7 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

With the exception of Thanksgiving weekend, Why would Duluth attract tourists?  I’ve been there a few times. Not that much to see. 

Honestly, I’m not much of a tourist so, not really sure myself but, I think there must be quite a lot to do here because that’s all we hear about here is “tourism dollars”.  I guess it’s just the gateway to the North shore. This whole area gets absolutely packed with out of town/staters in the summer and tourism revenues get reported on the local news like it’s a sports game.  :dunno:

1 hour ago, ckf said:

I talked to a contractor buddy in NH yesterday.  He said he can't get any subs because all of their employees are getting paid more to stay home.  WTF???

none of the subs I use ever stoped all esental workers according to MM .

that said a few fuckhead contractors I know are crying because of where they are on the small biz loan list and how the fund has no more money . even though they have not slowed down 1 bit .

I fucking hate people lol

22 minutes ago, Legend said:

Roadside Pub?

Yep.  Owner Dave has been my best friend for over 30 years. Was my best man in 1986 as well.  Glad you like him / and the pit stop.  I know he appreciates it.  :bc:   hHe's trying to make it work but after his son died 3 year ago his desire to stay up there and alone is really really hard. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Honestly, I’m not much of a tourist so, not really sure myself but, I think there must be quite a lot to do here because that’s all we hear about here is “tourism dollars”.  I guess it’s just the gateway to the North shore. This whole area gets absolutely packed with out of town/staters in the summer and tourism revenues get reported on the local news like it’s a sports game.  :dunno:

I stoped in for the first time in yrs 2 mo back . sad what a fucking shithole it has become . I did get a 85 in a 55 last yr on the way through to the shore though.  could be that sort of tourists money they are talking about 

8 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I stoped in for the first time in yrs 2 mo back . sad what a fucking shithole it has become . I did get a 85 in a 55 last yr on the way through to the shore though.  could be that sort of tourists money they are talking about 

The larger employer’s are being run out of here and new businesses wanting to come in and take advantage of college grads from three local colleges are scared off quickly by our liberal leaders.  Costco just walked away from being ready to start construction because the city decided they wanted to be involved in the entire hiring and firing process.  LOL!  Costco had the site, plan, and was ready to start.....they just walked away and left these retards sitting with no answers.  Astonishing.

Train wreck.  It’s sad.  Beautiful area but, kids gotta move away to get a real job.  I think this town is one of the only towns of this size that has shown a consistent decrease in population for ten years.  There’s a common denominator with these places.....in city hall.

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Always wanted to own one and my accountant begs me every single year not to.   He said if you can't know every single detail of what is going on the employee's will rob you blind.   Sad that happens so often in that business.   

Not only that you need to charge 15 bucks for a burger to make any money on food.

Answer this question- how many restaurants are still around in your area that opened longer than 10 years ago?

Besides Americans are learning how much they can save by eating and DRINKING at home so it will take a while for the business to come back....maybe never.

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Not only that you need to charge 15 bucks for a burger to make any money on food.

Answer this question- how many restaurants are still around in your area that opened longer than 10 years ago?

Besides Americans are learning how much they can save by eating and DRINKING at home so it will take a while for the business to come back....maybe never.

Most all are still open.   People generally sold them because the 2nd shift like work schedule sucks for raising a family.

Hard to tell but I think people like bars for the atmosphere and being around other people....I think they will come back eventually.  

26 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Most of the restaurants in Havasu will survive.  They all seem to be very busy with their takeout service. There are a huge number of eateries in this town for its population. They have to compete for every dollar.  We normally eat out 6-7 times per week. That is fairly common around here for a lot of people. 

The Indian Cuisine place will not survive.  They never had more than 2 tables seated at a time before the CV. We have eaten there many times. They have a roasted garlic naan that is just incredible. 

I love the tandoori chicken with naan. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Ever been to a 5 guys? Try getting a burger and fries for under $15. They are doing fine. 

22 minutes ago, Anler said:

Ever been to a 5 guys? Try getting a burger and fries for under $15. They are doing fine. 

Not when there’s a Wendy’s, McDonald’s, Burger King, subway, Taco Bell, Applebee’s, UNOs, longhorn, Panera bread and 12 other non chain food places within a half mile of each other.

yeah we tried it it’s OK but not for 15.00. The family joint down the street has 5.00 cheeseburgers with fries that our outstanding.

3 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Not when there’s a Wendy’s, McDonald’s, Burger King, subway, Taco Bell, Applebee’s, UNOs, longhorn, Panera bread and 12 other non chain food places within a half mile of each other.

yeah we tried it it’s OK but not for 15.00. The family joint down the street has 5.00 cheeseburgers with fries that our outstanding.

:lol:

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

Um yeah, most fast food chain follow McDonalds because McDonalds does all of the research on the locations (population, # cars drives by, average income, demographics, etc...) so the others put up locations in those proximity. You dont see stand alone 5 guys in the desert. The one by my house has an Arby's and a Popeyes sharing a parking lot and a White castle, Jimmy Johns, Hooters, McDonalds, Taco Bell, red robin and various other restaurants within 1/4 mile. And within 1 mile there is just about every franchise you can think of. Including a gourmet burger restaurant where a burger and fries will probably cost you more than $15. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Anler said:

Um yeah, most fast food chain follow McDonalds because McDonalds does all of the research on the locations (population, # cars drives by, average income, demographics, etc...) so the others put up locations in those proximity. You dont see stand alone 5 guys in the desert. The one by my house has an Arby's and a Popeyes sharing a parking lot and a White castle, Jimmy Johns, Hooters, McDonalds, Taco Bell, red robin and various other restaurants within 1/4 mile. And within 1 mile there is just about every franchise you can think of. Including a gourmet burger restaurant where a burger and fries will probably cost you more than $15. 

I'd rather pay $15.00 for a gourmet burger than $5.00 for a McDonalds.  

Zombie Burger is a Iowa "chain."   They got some awesome eats. 

AR-160419827.jpg

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I'd rather pay $15.00 for a gourmet burger than $5.00 for a McDonalds.  

Zombie Burger is a Iowa "chain."   They got some awesome eats. 

AR-160419827.jpg

Holy fuckerballs. That looks so good. 

• Haha 1

It's around $12 around hear for a Wendy's or McDonalds meal deal.  It seems crazy to me, but I get all of the additional costs associated with a business in today's world.

As an oldtimer from VT recently said....shut it all down and put everyone out on a farm. They'll learn to survive or die trying,  LOL.

• Haha 1

All of my favorite restaurants are still open and doing take out business. Except one breakfast place we like to go to. I am going to be glad to see them when they do open. 

Just now, Anler said:

All of my favorite restaurants are still open and doing take out business. Except one breakfast place we like to go to. I am going to be glad to see them when they do open. 

miss my Sat am breakfast spot.  Have another decent place close to the office,  I ordered takeout blueberry pancakes for lunch a few weeks back to tide me over.  

20 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

miss my Sat am breakfast spot.  Have another decent place close to the office,  I ordered takeout blueberry pancakes for lunch a few weeks back to tide me over.  

Miss our every Sunday bloody Mary’s and breakfast at the club

2 hours ago, Mainecat said:

a lot in my parts have been there for ever .

as far as saving money eating at home if you have a,family yes single guy deff less to eat out 

5 hours ago, jammin said:

My buddy owns a bar in northern wi (pelican lake) Seating at the bar for 20?  Tables for another 20?   Serves some food but nothing fancy.  He's shut down, obviously.  Applied for a small biz loan and got nothing.  Miller, coors and bud all came in to get his beer stock and each gave him a 500$ credit.  They needed the beer for big stores and also didnt want it to go bad between now and when he could open again.  Has 1 employee on the payroll thats collecting unemployment. The others he paid in cash.  Costs him 3000$ a month to be closed and 6K a month when he's open. He had a good winter season due to great snow (hes on the trail) but that got eaten up soon after. He's sold all sorts of stuff to make his payments and only has a small reserve left.  He hope he makes it but the damage done will be tough to recover from. 

Is he on UI? If not he should file, collect state UI and get $600.00 a week from the federal government.

• Like 1