Check your account email address ×

Shepard’s pie

Just now, Pete said:

Me, myself, and I

I’ve made it before. It’s a lot of work. And I like the one at the Irish place in town much better than mine. :lol: 

6 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I’ve made it before. It’s a lot of work. And I like the one at the Irish place in town much better than mine. :lol: 

Ahh it’s easy. Cheap to make too for a few meals. I like how mine comes out.

28 minutes ago, Edmo said:

This. Only time I get it is at the Irish pub in town. I don't thin no I've ever tried to make it. Good on you, Pete. :bc:

8 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

one of the few things the wife cooks well.   she adds some gravy and cooks up some onions in the meat as well.  

Exactly like I do 

yummy

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

This. Only time I get it is at the Irish pub in town. I don't thin no I've ever tried to make it. Good on you, Pete. :bc:

Hey thanks much 

I’ll put it in the oven later for a little while 

22 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Lot of work. Looks good. 

The longest part of the job is making the mashed potatoes. Not hard just time consuming. BFD I got nothing going on today anyways 

4 minutes ago, Anler said:

Its generally something you don't see out much at Restaurants, but there's a British Beer Pub in Mass that the wife and I stop at on the way to Maine a lot and they do an awesome shepards pie.  Had some bangers and mashed too which was pretty damn good.  :bc: 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Pete said:

Exactly like I do 

yummy

My mom's recipe calls for a half can of cream of mushroom soup mixed with the meat and the other half on top of the mashed taters kinda like a frosting..

Looking good Pete, one of my favorite meals.

5 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

My mom's recipe calls for a half can of cream of mushroom soup mixed with the meat and the other half on top of the mashed taters kinda like a frosting..

Looking good Pete, one of my favorite meals.

Hey I like that idea. I’ll try that combo 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Pete said:

The longest part of the job is making the mashed potatoes. Not hard just time consuming. BFD I got nothing going on today anyways 

Good comfort food. A friend of mine is coming over. Her birthday was yesterday. She wants burgers on the grill. I picked some ground bison at the butcher’s. Sharp cheddar to close the deal. 

28 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Good comfort food. A friend of mine is coming over. Her birthday was yesterday. She wants burgers on the grill. I picked some ground bison at the butcher’s. Sharp cheddar to close the deal. 

Interesting meat choice. Is it tasty? Like beef ? Or?

I make mine a little different.  It's also called Chinese Pie. Ground beef and onion on the bottom.  Next is the mashed potatoes.  Then top it with creamed style com.