Check your account email address ×

Shepard’s pie

30 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Good comfort food. A friend of mine is coming over. Her birthday was yesterday. She wants burgers on the grill. I picked some ground bison at the butcher’s. Sharp cheddar to close the deal. 

Sounds pretty tasty, love a good sharp cheddar on the burgers.  I'm gonna have to reserve judgement though until I hear what kind of roll you're gonna be using.  :lol:  :bc: 

8 minutes ago, ckf said:

I make mine a little different.  It's also called Chinese Pie. Ground beef and onion on the bottom.  Next is the mashed potatoes.  Then top it with creamed style com. 

Damn.. that sounds good!

7 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Sounds pretty tasty, love a good sharp cheddar on the burgers.  I'm gonna have to reserve judgement though until I hear what kind of roll you're gonna be using.  :lol:  :bc: 

Roll is just as important as the burger. I hate too much bread 

We haven't been eating as well as we should since Corona. We have the stuff, but it seems nobody really wants to do much cooking. 

It's almost like the quicker, the better. 

3 hours ago, Edmo said:

I’ve made it before. It’s a lot of work. And I like the one at the Irish place in town much better than mine. :lol: 

There’s an Irish bar/restaurant in Destin, FL called McGuire’s Pub and I tried their Shepard Pie and it was the best I ever had. They have this tradition going there where customers can take their own dollar bill and write whatever you want on it and then staple it to wall or ceiling. Our waitress said there’s over 2 million dollar bills in the place. :lol:

2 hours ago, ckf said:

I make mine a little different.  It's also called Chinese Pie. Ground beef and onion on the bottom.  Next is the mashed potatoes.  Then top it with creamed style com. 

creamed corn is key,  we do can of cream and a bag of frozen.  

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Interesting meat choice. Is it tasty? Like beef ? Or?

bison is great but don't cook beyond med rare

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

There’s an Irish bar/restaurant in Destin, FL called McGuire’s Pub and I tried their Shepard Pie and it was the best I ever had. They have this tradition going there where customers can take their own dollar bill and write whatever you want on it and then staple it to wall or ceiling. Our waitress said there’s over 2 million dollar bills in the place. :lol:

local place just stripped their walls and are dividing it among the staff since most are laid off right now.  Will be interesting to see how much they end up with

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Polaris 550 said:

We haven't been eating as well as we should since Corona. We have the stuff, but it seems nobody really wants to do much cooking. 

It's almost like the quicker, the better. 

We used to do Marley Spoon every other week for 3 days.  Since the rona, we've been getting it every week for 3 days.  We both work and not always in the mood to cook or do take out, so this keeps it interesting.

6 hours ago, snoughnut said:

Been there as well and had some pie. Damn tasty for sure! 

We do a shepherd's pie using leftover roast beef. We put it through a grinder with a fair amount of the fat. Creamed style corn is a must.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ckf said:

Crockpottollfreeanythingicandumpintheshitchinesecovid19pieKF, tell the truth:hdchr:

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
20 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Its generally something you don't see out much at Restaurants, but there's a British Beer Pub in Mass that the wife and I stop at on the way to Maine a lot and they do an awesome shepards pie.  Had some bangers and mashed too which was pretty damn good.  :bc: 

My go to at an Irish joint.

• Platinum Contributing Member
20 hours ago, ckf said:

My wife used to use 1 can reg , 1 can creamed