Check your account email address ×

2020 XP 900 turbo first ride review!!!!

Rod

Pounded some diamonds on the bro’s new XP last night and I have some thoughts 

power— more than adequate. Most people would never need more and would be like a legit 800-900 class sled 

the DBW throttle— what an insane piece of shit. The most laggy, awkward on\off switch.  

fit and finish of course is nicer than the cat. 

rides nice. But it feels heavy. That front end is pretty bad.  Although they have improved the twitching in the XP it’s still there, and legit steers heavier than my old Mach Z 780.  Combine the twitchy front with that fucked up throttle and it’s really awkward in the corners 

ride quality between it and my cat I can’t really tell a difference other than the cat is a lot more refined in the corners and flat when in the throttle 

not a sled I’d be desperate to buy besides I liked the WOT power of it 

My bro also says the cat handles nicer and drives easier 

that’s probably the most interesting part of the cat is the ease in which you can really work the trails without the physical exhaustion 

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

Cat does handle better than that nose heavy trudeau sled. 

I was surprised at two things on it 

the linear acceleration at WOT 

how bad it drove 

1 hour ago, ACE said:

My bro also says the cat handles nicer and drives easier 

that’s probably the most interesting part of the cat is the ease in which you can really work the trails without the physical exhaustion 

Takes alotta 4 stroke experience, prodigious riding skills and cat like reflexes to harness that baby’s full potential.  Fortunately I possess all those skills!  LOVE the DBW btw, and wonder if some of them come configured differently from the factories. Mine was very responsive no lag at all. In the rough Chattery shit I put it in trail mode because it was less of a handful.  Oh and it’s an 850 gaper too.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, frenchy said:

does the turbo really make it feel that much heavier? The NA 900 I rode didn't feel heavy at all. 

It’s impossible to take anything Buttcocks says about sleds seriously....or anything he says for that matter

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, frenchy said:

does the turbo really make it feel that much heavier? The NA 900 I rode didn't feel heavy at all. 

It nose dives pretty hard in the front 

6 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

12 years after I stopped riding and twitchy and handling are being used in the same sentence. That’s progress. :lol: 

There is nothing today’s sled do worse than any old iron. It’s insane how good they’ve gotten

33 minutes ago, frenchy said:

Probably more the triple cylinder 4 stroke

5 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Wrong!!!!.........The fucking price tag!

Inflation. Your dollars are worth less by the minute, especially in the last month. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, frenchy said:

I was asking woolie :lol: 

IF you get right off a turbo and onto a 2 stroke you notice it a little,it’s prob 25-30 lbs heavier than an avg 800-850.  The motor makes up for it because it just loafs along doesn’t feel like it’s working that hard at all, even full squeeze.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

IF you get right off a turbo and onto a 2 stroke you notice it a little,it’s prob 25-30 lbs heavier than an avg 800-850.  The motor makes up for it because it just loafs along doesn’t feel like it’s working that hard at all, even full squeeze.

so opposite of what buttcocks said. Check. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

But you really feel it. The front end handles like a bulldozer 

3 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Takes alotta 4 stroke experience, prodigious riding skills and cat like reflexes to harness that baby’s full potential.  Fortunately I possess all those skills!  LOVE the DBW btw, and wonder if some of them come configured differently from the factories. Mine was very responsive no lag at all. In the rough Chattery shit I put it in trail mode because it was less of a handful.  Oh and it’s an 850 gaper too.

Rolled Snowmobile photo - Patrick Kolar photos at pbase.com

:lol: Sorry woolie I couldn't resist :bc: 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ACE said:

But you really feel it. The front end handles like a bulldozer 

I thought you were a stout lad, shouldn't be a thing if you have moderately regaurded upper body strength  :dunno: 

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I thought you were a stout lad, shouldn't be a thing if you have moderately regaurded upper body strength  :dunno: 

Why fight with it when there’s much better out there