Check your account email address ×

2020 XP 900 turbo first ride review!!!!

Rod

9 minutes ago, ACE said:

Yeah I liked the motor for sure 

No injector oil and great mileage add up to alotta beaver bucks in a 2-3000 mile season.

7 minutes ago, CheezusXR8 said:

Those mechanical noises!!!

Good "mouth feel" if you will  :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, frenchy said:

does the turbo really make it feel that much heavier? The NA 900 I rode didn't feel heavy at all. 

You actually took buttcocks ride report seriously? :lol: 

Difference between the NA and turbo is only like 20 lbs. Its not noticeable on trail. Off trail it is.

As for the ITC, you're going to hate it if you take it for a quick spin. It takes a couple hundred mile rides to get used to it. I don't mind it at all now. 

Edited by rump-rider
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, rump-rider said:

Difference between the NA and turbo is only like 20 lbs. Its not noticeable on trail. Off trail it is.

As for the ITC, you're going to hate it if you take it for a quick spin. It takes a couple hundred mile rides to get used to it.

Spot on.

2 minutes ago, rump-rider said:

As for the ITC, you're going to hate it if you take it for a quick spin. It takes a couple hundred mile rides to get used to it. I don't mind it at all now. 

well, I assumed there would be a somewhat noticeable front end weight difference between the 900 and the 900T, just a matter of how much. 

8 minutes ago, rump-rider said:

Compared to the cat the 900T is like a bulldozer in the front this isn’t news 

6 minutes ago, frenchy said:

well, I assumed there would be a somewhat noticeable front end weight difference between the 900 and the 900T, just a matter of how much. 

Like he said for trail riding, the point is moot.  Think a full tank vs. a half a tank of gas on the same sled.  80 mph and the 2 stroke is wailing, this thing feels like its on an easy cruise.  IMO, stock for stock, they're faster than most 800-850s

1 minute ago, frenchy said:

My dad went from a 900 to a 900T this year and he hasn't told me it feels any heavier. He had some handling issues at first like I did, but it wasn't weight related, and we got rid of them with some suspensions adjustment and changing to different skis & carbides.

1 hour ago, rump-rider said:

My dad went from a 900 to a 900T this year and he hasn't told me it feels any heavier. He had some handling issues at first like I did, but it wasn't weight related, and we got rid of them with some suspensions adjustment and changing to different skis & carbides.

I had a Renegade Adrenaline and carry the normal gas and linq bag accessories and it was a little soft, so I went next size up on the springs and bought a Fox Zero Pro valved for my weight, etc, and found some Pilot 6.9s which worked way better than the stock 5.7s.  Really liked how it worked in the deep snow with the 1.75 track.  No way does it lay over that great, but it will chug through some pretty deep snow amazingly well.  Track speed is what matters there, and that thing spins the track way easy with all that torque

81558833_10221608524432432_7864840144161865728_n.jpg

Edited by DriftBusta

7 hours ago, spin_dry said:

12 years after I stopped riding and twitchy and handling are being used in the same sentence. That’s progress. :lol: 

because it is pretty much the same  twitchy xp as 12 yrs ago 

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Except it’s not even close to any 850

So there’s that

Weird it’s faster at the shootout then the doo 850 and every mag says it’s a contender in the class oops 

10 minutes ago, ACE said:

Weird it’s faster at the shootout then the doo 850 and every mag says it’s a contender in the class oops 

Except in the real world it gets gaped 100% of the time