Check your account email address ×

Still working?

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Dopo says a lot of things...99.9% are so fucking stupid it makes your eyeballs hurt. :lol:

Monday night a friend and his son dropped over. Both work in wholesale auto sales. Both are at a standstill and I could hear some of the fear they’re dealing with. It was awkward having a guaranteed income with their uncertainty.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mileage Psycho said:

We have the paid when paid rule in place to keep rhe estimitors, PX's, and PM's in the game, cloesout docs and all that minutiae get taken care of faster. The old carrot on a stick.

Who cares when you get paid, we stop if we aren't paid when due.

28 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Monday night a friend and his son dropped over. Both work in wholesale auto sales. Both are at a standstill and I could hear some of the fear they’re dealing with. It was awkward having a guaranteed income with their uncertainty.  

well with no auctions to go to that's not a good business to be in now for sure.  it also may change that business for the long term.   lots of new apps for dealers to sell cars back and forth with other dealers.  Local guy here has been buying a lot of inventory that way.  The dealers are also sitting on a lot of their tax season cars because the people didn't spend their tax money this year on vehicles like normal with this shit going on.  

33 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

well with no auctions to go to that's not a good business to be in now for sure.  it also may change that business for the long term.   lots of new apps for dealers to sell cars back and forth with other dealers.  Local guy here has been buying a lot of inventory that way.  The dealers are also sitting on a lot of their tax season cars because the people didn't spend their tax money this year on vehicles like normal with this shit going on.  

It’s true. Many of the auctions are online as well. Both deal on the side in high mileage, clean cars with outstanding service records. They both think that the market is going to slump hard and rebound strongly. Their plan is to load with cars once trading begins by taking advantage of the low costs and wait out the slump. It’s a good time to buy a vehicle. 

Edited by spin_dry

38 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Who cares when you get paid, we stop if we aren't paid when due.

You know nothing about the construstion industry and  closing out a large project.

To answer your question: "Who cares when you get paid" I care.

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

You know nothing about the construstion industry and  closing out a large project.

I read his post  and knew he was clueless on this subject.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

1 hour ago, Mileage Psycho said:

We supply process controls usually directly to the end user who most are F500 corps, it makes no difference who the actual PO is with as our payments schedules reflect our deliveries.  We pay our suppliers when they are do.  Again we are paid 90% before we show up to commission a job, if electrical/mechanical isn't ready, to bad for them, if we aren't paid we don't show

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Ever get a contract painting inside a processing plant?  Don't you think you should be paid after you have completed your work, within reason, or should you be held up cause other contractors fucked up on their estimates and/or extras and the end users don't want to pay them, so they don't pay you?

• Platinum Contributing Member
41 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Ever get a contract painting inside a processing plant?  Don't you think you should be paid after you have completed your work, within reason, or should you be held up cause other contractors fucked up on their estimates and/or extras and the end users don't want to pay them, so they don't pay you?

I painted my toilet bowl brown this morning and nobody paid me a fucking dime!!!!  :bum:

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I painted my toilet bowl brown this morning and nobody paid me a fucking dime!!!!  :bum:

Electrical and mechanical contractors haven't even been considered yet by the time we normally get our contracts in place and most of our dealing are directly with the end users or  in less cases through a  general/engineering firm just to hold the PO.

4 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Contracting isn't for the financially weak or the mentally  weak.

5 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

We've done work for many BAS companies, multi-nationals and small operators and I'm here to tell you that they are all fucked up in regards to field ops....it all looks good on paper types is what they are.

7 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

We have the paid when paid rule in place to keep rhe estimitors, PX's, and PM's in the game, cloesout docs and all that minutiae get taken care of faster. The old carrot on a stick.

Yeah asshole, you're the reason I get my ass chewed by PM's for late O&M manuals. LOL :bc:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Contracting isn't for the financially weak or the mentally  weak.

We've done work for many BAS companies, multi-nationals and small operators and I'm here to tell you that they are all fucked up in regards to field ops....it all looks good on paper types is what they are.

Tell us what the last project you worked on that most of the value wasn't in the actual building rather than the processing equipment?

:lol: