Check your account email address ×

Who doesn’t get the 1200 dollar gov checks

• Gold Member

Anyone without social security number, college students, highschool seniors or their parents....

Most high school seniors and college students won’t get any money. The bill gives $0 to families with children older than 16, a shock to many households already reeling from canceled graduations, and college youths readjusting to life at home with so many universities shut down. Many immigrant families are also learning that they are ineligible. In order for anyone in the family to receive a payment, each person in the household is supposed to have a valid Social Security number.

Just now, BOHICA said:

Anyone without social security number, college students, highschool seniors or their parents....

Most high school seniors and college students won’t get any money. The bill gives $0 to families with children older than 16, a shock to many households already reeling from canceled graduations, and college youths readjusting to life at home with so many universities shut down. Many immigrant families are also learning that they are ineligible. In order for anyone in the family to receive a payment, each person in the household is supposed to have a valid Social Security number.

Sounds perfectly reasonably to me....especially the bold.

Just now, Mainecat said:

I find that hard to believe 

Further validating my reasoning.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I’m hoping for several more before Election Day.

They will be monthly. I’ll take every nickel of fake govt money. Fucking rich filth have no issue being on welfare , why should I?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

They will be monthly. I’ll take every nickel of fake govt money. Fucking rich filth have no issue being on welfare , why should I?

As long donny signs em, I’m golden. He’s my president now. 

0A4B21A4-7198-4C76-BA50-A717558E8752.gif

• Haha 3

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, BOHICA said:

Parents will....dependent children over 16 won't.    Not sure why they shouldn't up to say age 20-21.   Fuck the ones over that.   Get out and work.  

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

Just now, teamgreen02 said:

Good, should go to whoever has the support the kids.  All tax refunds should go there too.

It does on the refund I know that

• Gold Member
41 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Parents will....dependent children over 16 won't.    Not sure why they shouldn't up to say age 20-21.   Fuck the ones over that.   Get out and work.  

Ya...  just $500 though if they are under the income threshold

Just now, BOHICA said:

Ya...  just $500 though if they are under the income threshold

Parents get $1200 each if under the threshold.   

Just now, BOHICA said:

Plus 500 for dependent kids

Yep.   Family of 6 will get $4400.....likely twice.   Its insane. 

• Gold Member

But if they are dependents 16-24 they don’t qualify for the $500 bonus....  I was wrong in my earlier post. 

2. Dependents over the age of 16

If you're a parent, you can receive an additional $500 for every dependent age 16 and under. If you have older dependents, they do not qualify for the $500 bonus.

Additionally, adults who are claimed as dependents on someone else's tax return are not eligible for the $500 bonus or their own $1,200 check. This includes college students whose parents still claim them as dependents, as well as adult children under the age of 24 whose parents pay for at least half their expenses. Adults with disabilities as well as seniors who are claimed as dependents are also not eligible to receive stimulus checks.

21 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

But if they are dependents 16-24 they don’t qualify for the $500 bonus....  I was wrong in my earlier post. 

2. Dependents over the age of 16

If you're a parent, you can receive an additional $500 for every dependent age 16 and under. If you have older dependents, they do not qualify for the $500 bonus.

Additionally, adults who are claimed as dependents on someone else's tax return are not eligible for the $500 bonus or their own $1,200 check. This includes college students whose parents still claim them as dependents, as well as adult children under the age of 24 whose parents pay for at least half their expenses. Adults with disabilities as well as seniors who are claimed as dependents are also not eligible to receive stimulus checks.

soon as that pased my son was lookign at it hoping for $500,  he's been out of work 3 weeks now which is the longest he's not worked since his freshman year of HS.   

• Gold Member
Just now, Angry ginger said:

soon as that pased my son was lookign at it hoping for $500,  he's been out of work 3 weeks now which is the longest he's not worked since his freshman year of HS.   

Is he claimed as a dependent on your taxes and 16-24 years old???  If he is claimed on your taxes he is fucked on getting any money

39 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Is he claimed as a dependent on your taxes and 16-24 years old???  If he is claimed on your taxes he is fucked on getting any money

yes and he knew it day it passed.  Now he's asking me for a loan so he can buy pot and coffee.