Check your account email address ×

Vaccine

Vaccine?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. If available would you get vaccinated for covid-19?

The potential loss of long term lung function post-infection is reason enough for me to say yes.  I'm pretty active and plan on staying that way.  I don't want some fucking Chinese bug to make me wheeze like an emphysema case for the rest of my life.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Matt said:

The potential loss of long term lung function post-infection is reason enough for me to say yes.  I'm pretty active and plan on staying that way.  I don't want some fucking Chinese bug to make me wheeze like an emphysema case for the rest of my life.

Good point. :bc: 

2 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Matt just changed my mind.  Yes.  And I haven't had the flu or a cold in years, but this sounds like nasty shit.  Knocking on wood...….

Yea. Matt Definitely made me think twice. 

I have never had the flu as an adult. Never got the shot as an adult. 

I would have to take a hard look at this before I just say no like my initial reaction. 

17 minutes ago, Highmark said:

If effective.   Absofuckinlutly.   I had asthma and pneumonia really fucked me up one time.

Well, what would a percentage be for you to call it “effective”?  Flu shots have been around decades and I think they are still only considered 30-40% effective against about half the common strains.  I wonder what the first vaccines of this will be like.

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Well, what would a percentage be for you to call it “effective”?  Flu shots have been around decades and I think they are still only considered 30-40% effective against about half the common strains.  I wonder what the first vaccines of this will be like.

Good enough for me.