Check your account email address ×

Have you noticed how republicans are now for all the free money?

• Platinum Contributing Member

We should not have passed such an across the board plan.   Many, many people are still working and will not need checks.

The focus should have been on those that need it.   The focus should be on funding unemployment Insurance and LOANS to business'.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

Look at em all line up for their free money. :lol: 

who?  I bet you planned for this though, amirite?  I mean everyone keeps their pandemic plan tight.

Edited by DriftBusta
  • Thanks 1

$2 trillion in stimulus when our economy has a GDP of $20 trillion.  More crazy spending in a panic.

Lets put a backstop for small businesses forced by the government to close, increase unemployment benefits on the short term, and cut the fed rate and call it good.

Trump is right, we need things opened back up by Easter.  Those of us who aren't old or have other underlying health issues can get back to our regular routines.  The young, old, and sick need to stay quarantined.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

We should not have passed such an across the board plan.   Many, many people are still working and will not need checks.

The focus should have been on those that need it.   The focus should be on funding unemployment Insurance and LOANS to business'.  

This, and only this. 

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I mentioned this local guy here before, he's in his 11th. year living in a Garden Shed, no electricity or Fridge, has a small propane heater, no toilet except the woods, no place to bathe except for the River near him, no vehicles, he won't get a cent from this as he hasn't filed a Tax return for over a Decade, he does get food stamps.

Just now, XCR1250 said:

I mentioned this local guy here before, he's in his 11th. year living in a Garden Shed, no electricity or Fridge, has a small propane heater, no toilet except the woods, no place to bathe except for the River near him, no vehicles, he won't get a cent from this as he hasn't filed a Tax return for over a Decade, he does get food stamps.

ANd he shouldn't get a cent. He had no income to lose.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, XCR1250 said:

I bet he has a cell phone.

Lol

1 minute ago, teamgreen02 said:

$2 trillion in stimulus when our economy has a GDP of $20 trillion.  More crazy spending in a panic.

Lets put a backstop for small businesses forced by the government to close, increase unemployment benefits on the short term, and cut the fed rate and call it good.

Trump is right, we need things opened back up by Easter.  Those of us who aren't old or have other underlying health issues can get back to our regular routines.  The young, old, and sick need to stay quarantined.

Couple hour ATV ride in a few moments for wife and I, supposed to rain so we're only going about 30 miles 1 way then coming back, the group that's here will ride at least 100 miles 1 way.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, teamgreen02 said:

Yup, but they will pass a $2 trillion stimulus plan with broad bipartisan support.

Of course they will . ANd everyone one of them has a family member business that will benefit. Some will bring in more money from this then from doing actual buss when things are good.

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

ANd he shouldn't get a cent. He had no income to lose.

I agree, I used to try and help him but no more, he believes none of his problems were caused by him, he got 3 or 4 drunk driving tickets and that ended his desire to look for work, he was a handyman carpenter. He's been looking for free housing in Hayward which they do have for some but no openings for years.

4 minutes ago, Redheaded Stepchild said:

I bet he has a cell phone.

Lol

They don't work here anyhow, at least without an amp, but he did have an Obama flip phone, doesn't work anymore he said.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Snake said:

Let's do nothing.

We will call it the "Spin Plan".

Let's see how it works out.

for the record I am all for that plan . not my prob to bail any one out ever . not the governments job to bail out people . I get it people have been trained to think so but it is not the reality . fuck this shit let people max there cards and fuck the CC corps let's face it they deserve a good fucking 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Ez ryder said:

for the record I am all for that plan . not my prob to bail any one out ever . not the governments job to bail out people . I get it people have been trained to think so but it is not the reality . fuck this shit let people max there cards and fuck the CC corps let's face it they deserve a good fucking 

x2

There is a few politicians that are the common denominator that have been in for all the bailout programs.  Those people are the problem.

Just now, XCR1250 said:

Couple hour ATV ride in a few moments for wife and I, supposed to rain so we're only going about 30 miles 1 way then coming back, the group that's here will ride at least 100 miles 1 way.

I'm looking at some ATVs now.  Need to get out and take a look at some.

What are your thoughts on a Honda Rancher or Foreman?

15 minutes ago, Highmark said:

no there should have never been a focus on any of it.  there already exists a framework of handouts in this country for those that don't get unemployment insurance.  it is called welfare.  even those with unemployment can get food stamps and go to a food shelf .

this is fucking disgusting and I pray Rand Paul dose the right thing and infects everyone in Washington .

if you support any of this shit you are part of the prob like it or not 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Quite the contributor to our society.