Check your account email address ×

It amazes me....

ckf

1 minute ago, Snake said:

Good friend still went.

"See ya in 2 weeks."

Hopefully in 2 weeks, I wouldn't want to be an out of state traveler and get sick during this time.

6 minutes ago, ckf said:

I wasn't commenting on your vacation.

Edit: thought i was quoting mxer, lol

No, I was issued permits to drive and buy gas by HLS last Tuesday. A customer pulled them for us.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
31 minutes ago, Snake said:

I wouldn't get with in a row of assholes to anyone who was in Florida last week.

I got home from Florida on Saturday. Kinda wished I would have stayed there now since I can't work.

Less positive cases there. Still at 1/3 of the numbers recorded there as here. Both hospitals here have had nurses test positive.

I'd be safer sitting in the retirement village drinking beer in the sun.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I got home from Florida on Saturday. Kinda wished I would have stayed there now since I can't work.

Less positive cases there. Still at 1/3 of the numbers recorded there as here. Both hospitals here have had nurses test positive.

Yep. We’re staying in Havasu for a while yet. We had already planned to be here till April 28th but that will likely get extended if the travel stoppages are put into place. 

If things dont look any better by the end of May we will probably head to the high country and escape the brutal heat of June and July here. 

If Airplanes are flying May 1 we will put the Moho in storage and head home then.  

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Are you quarantined at home for 14 days?

8 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Yep. We’re staying in Havasu for a while yet. We had already planned to be here till April 28th but that will likely get extended if the travel stoppages are put into place. 

If things dont look any better by the end of May we will probably head to the high country and escape the brutal heat of June and July here. 

If Airplanes are flying May 1 we will put the Moho in storage and head home then.  

Wife was flip-flopping back and forth then decided to stay in Florida. She was at a driveway party (all chairs spaced 6' apart) drinking Margaritas with the neighbors at 5pm today.

She plans to stay at least for 2 weeks or maybe as long as mid May.

7 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Wife was flip-flopping back and forth then decided to stay in Florida. She was at a driveway party (all chairs spaced 6' apart) drinking Margaritas with the neighbors at 5pm today.

She plans to stay at least for 2 weeks or maybe as long as mid May.

I had heard medical insurance was going to be cut off by a certain date, which I think passed? Any truth to that, and if so, I assume, by the sounds of it, some/many are willing to take the chance? 

2 minutes ago, irv said:

I had heard medical insurance was going to be cut off by a certain date, which I think passed? Any truth to that, and if so, I assume, by the sounds of it, some/many are willing to take the chance? 

Insurance goes by so many days in the country.  Once over, that's it.

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Yes, for sure, but I heard, due to covid, insurance companies were telling CDN's to get home even if they had time left on their coverage.

1 minute ago, irv said:

For a few of my Canadian neighbors their insurance ended on March 24th. For most it ended whenever the policy period was over. 

Many had planned to stay through the end of March but with the corona virus worries most packed right up and headed home. 

I dont think there is a single Canadian here now. Its possible but none of the regulars are here thats for sure. The last one pulled out Friday. 

1 minute ago, irv said:

I heard that one company was ending policies on March 24 if you were still outside of Canada. I also heard that its not legal for an insurance company to change a policy mid contract.

Several people we know who are in Florida called their agents when that story came out and all were told there was no issue.

The wife got coverage last week while she was there. I didn't have any insurance.

3 minutes ago, irv said:

Yes, for sure, but I heard, due to covid, insurance companies were telling CDN's to get home even if they had time left on their coverage.

That was a big discussion around the fire pit 7-10 days ago. None had received that info. A few had contacted their insurance company informing them they would be returning home weeks or a month early. They asked if they could get a refund for cancelling the policy early. No dice. 

But I know for sure most of my canadian neighbors were in contact with their supplemental insurance companies and none mentioned anything about being told to come home because of the coronavirus. 

• Like 1

Just now, Blackstar said:

I heard that one company was ending policies on March 24 if you were still outside of Canada. I also heard that its not legal for an insurance company to change a policy mid contract.

Several people we know who are in Florida called their agents when that story came out and all were told there was no issue.

The wife got coverage last week while she was there. I didn't have any insurance.

Thanks for the clarification. I knew I had heard it but I'm glad to hear Insurance companies weren't allowed to renege on their coverage. I have a couple friends down there currently and although I never asked, I assumed they were just taking their chances?

5 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Interesting.  The March 24th discussion came up here a few evenings. I may not have followed it that close. Maybe one insurer did inform their clients their insurance was going to expire on that day. 

Edited by AKIQPilot

44 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Atta boy

4 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

A policy is a legal contract, you generally can't change it unless both sides agree

3 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

Atta boy

A policy is a legal contract, you generally can't change it unless both sides agree

Due to the circumstances, I thought the Insurance companies might have that right? Plus we had, and still have, our PM telling everyone to return home as well. 

2 minutes ago, irv said:

Due to the circumstances, I thought the Insurance companies might have that right? Plus we had, and still have, our PM telling everyone to return home as well. 

Nope. Unless there is a written exclusion for something like this. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Interesting.  The March 24th discussion came up here a few evenings. I may not have followed it that close. Maybe one insurer did inform their clients their insurance was going to expire on that day. 

It was only one couple in our park who received an email. And those people told everyone in the park that Canadians had to go home because they wouldn't have insurance. ...lol

We started encouraging people to call their own companies to get straight info. The wife's father and his wife called and were told everything was fine. We never heard anyone else say they had an issue.

Another couple who we are friends with have a place in Punta Gorda. They had tickets to fly out today. They cancelled their flight and stayed. Now they have plans to come home on April 24. They were big wigs in the insurance game. If they thought there was going to be an issue, they'd have left. Both feel they are safer in their gated community than here.

36 minutes ago, Redheaded Stepchild said:

Are you quarantined at home for 14 days?

No. I'm limiting contact and informing anyone who wants to meet with me that I've been to Florida.

I met with my 2 employees this morning in my shop. Didn't touch anything and kept my distance. I have customers asking for meetings and I'm letting them decide what they want to do. They can wait or we can meet outside. 

Personally feel I'm risking catching it from them more than they are from me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

It was only one couple in our park who received an email. And those people told everyone in the park that Canadians had to go home because they wouldn't have insurance. ...lol

We started encouraging people to call their own companies to get straight info. The wife's father and his wife called and were told everything was fine. We never heard anyone else say they had an issue.

Another couple who we are friends with have a place in Punta Gorda. They had tickets to fly out today. They cancelled their flight and stayed. Now they have plans to come home on April 24. They were big wigs in the insurance game. If they thought there was going to be an issue, they'd have left. Both feel they are safer in their gated community than here.

Hahah. Thats pretty much how the discussions went around here as well. Hahaha

- One or two couples got an email. 
- Everyone got spooled up around the camp fire. 
- Everyone called their insurance company.  
- Everyone was told no problem. 
- Everyone spooled back down and started planning. 
- Everyone headed home to wait this thing out in their own country. 

19 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

You are in a "2 wheeler" park as my mom calls it. (People who carry bicycles, younger average age).

I'm in a "3 wheeler" park. (lots of trikes and an average around 70)The rumors fly around the park faster than you can walk it seems.

The wife and I are the young ones.....lol

9F511C9F-A8D9-4B11-AF79-F727B4A002CA.thumb.jpeg.8de3aa4a13ab569528ed61626d847719.jpeg

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Kind of hypocritical to go after me while hanging out with half of Ontario by the campfire

7 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

Kind of hypocritical to go after me while hanging out with half of Ontario by the campfire

I think the point is he’s already there before all this started. To travel NOW may not be wise.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I think the point is he’s already there before all this started. To travel NOW may not be wise.

I agree but I still hold hope for 2 weeks if not 3 or 4 at most. My wife was just laid off today so... maybe more flexible maybe not 

1 hour ago, irv said:

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Insurance companies told people they were cut off after the 23rd of Mar.

Some carried coverage but not Covid related after the 23rd.  Imagine fighting an insurance company over that one>