Check your account email address ×

Seniority

56 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Sledding.com. With Ron the old fart. RIP. Ron. I think it was “97. 

Rec.sport.snowmobiles around 96-97, where I first met Rob, trail Conditions-you, Matt (who was just a teenager and just turned 40). Etc.  Time flies.   :bc:  

Snowest in 2002 was the first sled related forum I belonged to. I joined HCS in 2003. 

Ive met up with 30-40 different guys from this forum and HCS over the years. Its cool finally meeting someone you have known for years but never met. Hahahaha

• Platinum Contributing Member

Amsnow forums with guys like Northern Skunk and CFAD...bought a long track kit for ZR800 from guy named Arctic Ed...haven’t seen him on any forums since. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Snake said:

Hard to believe, many of us here have been together for 12 years (for me) or longer.

Think about all the shit we have seen together.....

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

Makes one wonder what the next 12 years will bring.   Man I hope this is the worst of it. 

Rookies, Dec. 2002 for me.

3 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

Rob and I first bonded over what a pile of shit the 96 xcr sp was :lol:

I had one and tuned several others. All it needed was some carb and clutch work. Just like most Polaris sleds of that era. 

It was heavy though. A decent running 95 xc 600 triple piped sled would give the 96 xcr fits. 

The Cat ZRT 600 triple was the head of the Class of ‘96 IMO. Both the 600 and 800 Zert Triples were solid sleds with little more than tuning. 

2 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

I had one and tuned several others. All it needed was some carb and clutch work. Just like most Polaris sleds of that era. 

It was heavy though. A decent running 95 xc 600 triple piped sled would give the 96 xcr fits. 

The Cat ZRT 600 triple was the head of the Class of ‘96 IMO. Both the 600 and 800 Zert Triples were solid sleds with little more than tuning. 

Shock springs, weights,  helix and gears. It was fun on fast wide trails otherwise a POS imo 

Engine wasn't bad but I think they just grabbed whatever they had on the shelf to calibrate it 

It was my first new slide I was so excited and I blew a belt right around 50 mi :lol:

Edited by washedupmxer

5 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Rookies, Dec. 2002 for me.

How am I a rookie?   Been on Snowest since 2001 and HCS in about the first few weeks Rob started it. 

Edited by Highmark

4 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

The half year release (95 1/2) Formula III 600 (Triple w/triple pipes) was a rocket in the 600 class for a few years.   I recall DTR getting it into the mid 120's with the proper jetting.  It was 8 HP stronger than the ZRT and about almost 20 over the poo.  

Just now, Highmark said:

The half year release (95 1/2) Formula III 600 (Triple w/triple pipes) was a rocket in the 600 class for a few years.   I recall DTR getting it into the mid 120's with the proper jetting.  It was 8 HP stronger than the ZRT and about almost 20 over the poo.  

Around here the ZRT 600 cleaned house in the big 500 mile Grand Prix races in ‘96. The FIII was fast but unreliable. The Poo was not that fast or reliable. 

8 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Around here the ZRT 600 cleaned house in the big 500 mile Grand Prix races in ‘96. The FIII was fast but unreliable. The Poo was not that fast or reliable. 

I still have a 96 XCR 600 SP hood if someone needs one.

19 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

I remember we were racing around on the backwaters of the Mississippi late that winter and had an old radar gun we were messing around with.   Buddy showed up with one.   It was putting up some damn fast numbers and giving some bigger sleds fits that day.   Don't recall what year but my brother had a ZRT 600.   Those were fun/fast little sleds as well.  Oh man those were the days.   I was running a 95 Mach Z then.   Clutched right with 240 studs.   Damn that sled was fun.  

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Amsnow forums with guys like Northern Skunk and CFAD...bought a long track kit for ZR800 from guy named Arctic Ed...haven’t seen him on any forums since. 

I still chat with Ed, Northern Skunk and Maxiracer

53 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

They were talking about being on Freedomsledder for 12 years. 

you and I are both rookies compared to many here. 

The start for me was HCS, @Snake sent me a message about this place and I was either the #6 or #8 member here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Rec.sport.snowmobiles around 96-97, where I first met Rob, trail Conditions-you, Matt (who was just a teenager and just turned 40). Etc.  Time flies.   :bc:  

I forgot about rss. That was just after dos. :lol: