Check your account email address ×

China shuts all 16 temporary coronavirus hospitals in Wuhan

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, spin_dry said:

The main problem has been getting test kits. The virus fills the throat, mouth, and sinuses with millions of pathogens within a few hours (as little as 2 hours) of being infected. That’s why people are infectious before symptoms occur. But that also makes it easier to detect and contain. This requires proper and abundant test kits. That’s how South Korea got it under control. If the feds learn anything, hopefully they will have a system where testing for any new pathogen will be quickly developed, produced, and shipped. 

Should have happened long before now.    I do think overtesting can become an issue.   It drags out the result time.   A test needs to be developed that is not needed to go to a lab for results. 

3 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Bat.  I believe I posted it here even...

Neal

I looked this morning and thought they weren't quite sure yet.   Bat was on the short list.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Should have happened long before now.    I do think overtesting can become an issue.   It drags out the result time.   A test needs to be developed that is not needed to go to a lab for results. 

There’s going to be panic with any pandemic. There’s really no preventing that. The hypochondriacs among us will be crying to get tested every hour. I think shipping an adequate amount of rapid response test kits to local government/health care facilities would be the bomb. The local, large scale mfg company that was involved with the local outbreak could’ve been targeted within hours with test kits. That’s how you get this one under control. 

6 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

There’s going to be panic with any pandemic. There’s really no preventing that. The hypochondriacs among us will be crying to get tested every hour. I think shipping an adequate amount of rapid response test kits to local government/health care facilities would be the bomb. The local, large scale mfg company that was involved with the local outbreak could’ve been targeted within hours with test kits. That’s how you get this one under control. 

And for the people told to self quarantine that don't?   You have to know this happens.   It only takes one to getting going quick again.   It all started with just one or a few a couple months ago.....or thats what we are told.

Edited by Highmark

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I looked this morning and thought they weren't quite sure yet.   Bat was on the short list.

There’s a number of animals that carry Coronavirus diseases. Most wont cross over to humans. They’ve zeroed in on the bat through doing interviews with early victims of the disease. Some bats over there are fucking huge. I wondered why China doesn’t do more farming. I guess there’s a market for wild game over there. People think it’s more pure spiritually and thus, more healthy. 

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

And for the people told to self quarantine that don't?   You have to know this happens.   It only takes one to getting going quick again.   

One 9mm +P+ round. That’s all it takes. :lol: 

33 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

And Ford we have all kinds of unused doctors and nurses in the national guard and military

Good call...

You out of any supplies btw - you seem pretty upset by the stores cleaned out...??

31 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

The born on date when it jumped from animal to human was mid November “19. It was a bat. They eat bats in China. 

Nasty fuckers over there...

17 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Of course local authorities are on the front lines but they need information, resources and guidance from the federal government but I understand why you posted what you did.

Doc at Gerber hospital in Fremont (just N of here) had 5 people that had symptoms ...but no test kits 

10 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Bat.  I believe I posted it here even...

Neal

Which they were also messing with in the bio lab there. Lead doc there wrote many papers on the Corona. 

So who knows really. Either way ...the filthy fuckin chinks fucked us again...

Just now, ford_428cj said:

Good call...

You out of any supplies btw - you seem pretty upset by the stores cleaned out...??

Doc at Gerber hospital in Fremont (just N of here) had 5 people that had symptoms ...but no test kits 

Which they were also messing with in the bio lab there. Lead doc there wrote many papers on the Corona. 

You are kind of spewing garblegook here.  What Doctor, what bio lab, what papers?

Neal

Considering a good percentage of these originate in China without quicker more honest communication from China these risks and pandemics will continue to go global.

Edited by Highmark

Just now, NaturallyAspirated said:

You are kind of spewing garblegook here.  What Doctor, what bio lab, what papers?

Neal

Bio Lab in Wuhan right by where the outbreak happened. Head doc of that. Research it yourself.

Workers there were also selling the test animals in black market -  to people on the streets to eat.

7 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

Sars escaped from a lab over there also 

There is a possibility that an accidental release occurred. But that wasn’t from any bio-weapon experiment. It was through researchers examining an already present virus. There’s a section of China where 3% of the population have antibodies for SARS. They can’t be infected. They’ve been this way for years. Even before the SARS outbreak. They formed antibodies by becoming infected and getting better. SARS is a pathogen that has been around for decades. Here’s a great read on the “bat lady”. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-chinas-bat-woman-hunted-down-viruses-from-sars-to-the-new-coronavirus1/%3famp=true

5 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

There is a possibility that an accidental release occurred. But that wasn’t from any bio-weapon experiment. It was through researchers examining an already present virus. There’s a section of China where 3% of the population have antibodies for SARS. They can’t be infected. They’ve been this way for years. Even before the SARS outbreak. They formed antibodies by becoming infected and getting better. SARS is a pathogen that has been around for decades. Here’s a great read on the “bat lady”. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-chinas-bat-woman-hunted-down-viruses-from-sars-to-the-new-coronavirus1/%3famp=true

Selling test animals to black market - shows what a shithole it is. 

Should have nuked the place when it was still a 3rd world

1 minute ago, ford_428cj said:

Selling test animals to black market - shows what a shithole it is. 

Should have nuked the place when it was still a 3rd world

And America sold saddam chemical weapons ingredients. America sells hi tech instruments of death to a middle eastern monarchy. Your point? 

1 hour ago, washedupmxer said:

And Ford we have all kinds of unused doctors and nurses in the national guard and military

Most NG doctors would not be deployed and likely already working in the US at their normal jobs.  Would military doctors already be working at bases around the world?   They would be dealing with this as well.    There are not "extra" HC workers sitting limbo.    Only option would be moving hc workers to hot spots leaving gaps in other places.

Edited by Highmark

1 hour ago, ford_428cj said:

Good call...

No we aren't short on anything at all I just think it's poor behavior

3 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Listen I know your not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but the article doesn't mention age but overall numbers 4.8% meathead.

but how many of them died in a collapsing hotel lol

Just now, Ez ryder said:

but how many of them died in a collapsing hotel lol

Kind of a stretch to believe any of these numbers coming out of China. I don’t think we’ll ever know the truth.