Check your account email address ×

China shuts all 16 temporary coronavirus hospitals in Wuhan

1 minute ago, Edmo said:

Well Vin is selling it like they’re hard facts. And calling people names that disagree. I think that’s a bit premature.

Do the math, or is math now junk science? 4.8%

Almost 50,000 coronavirus cases have been reported in Wuhan, with 2,423 deaths.

• Platinum Contributing Member

If we are to believe what we are being told it takes only 1 positive case that is not quarantined to fire it back up around the world.   Only those who had it would be immune.

3 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

So let's conclude here we have 8 billion dollars to use and we're not going to build any temporary facilities even though everybody's predicting a mass outbreak that's going to spread like wildfire and our hospitals are going to be over full

Well that makes really good sense lol 

Plenty of empty Wal-Mart's & such to use. Do we have the equipment to put in them? Or is that all made in China?

Even if we contain it we will never be out of the woods until it's beaten in the rest of the world. 

We could go back to work in one month and have it start all over. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Is it possible that some of the cases are unreported or under reported? Maybe they’re lying, maybe not. The stats may not be accurate. 

If the Chi-Com are lying I'm guessing it's not to make the fatality stats worse, 4.8% isn't good. So which direction do you think the Chinese would go with a lie about it?

4 minutes ago, Anler said:

Even if we contain it we will never be out of the woods until it's beaten in the rest of the world. 

We could go back to work in one month and have it start all over. 

Then why bother with all this hysteria now?

Silliness....but I’m guessing we’ll all have a new Corona shot to take along with the flu shot now.  I hope it makes people sterile.  It’s really our best hope.

3 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

If the Chi-Com are lying I'm guessing it's not to make the fatality stats worse, 4.8% isn't good. So which direction do you think the Chinese would go with a lie about it?

They Chinese learned a great deal with this.  None of it is good for our nation.  All they have to do is hint of another outbreak of any sorts and we end up in a pickle with no god damn toilet paper.

Were so fucking weak.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Then why bother with all this hysteria now?

Silliness....but I’m guessing we’ll all have a new Corona shot to take along with the flu shot now.  I hope it makes people sterile.  It’s really our best hope.

They Chinese learned a great deal with this.  None of it is good for our nation.  All they have to do is hint of another outbreak of any sorts and we end up in a pickle with no god damn toilet paper.

Were so fucking weak.

My niece and her rotten kids are staying at my house. I'm hoping they don't shut down domestic travel so they can go back home this week! 

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

My niece and her rotten kids are staying at my house. I'm hoping they don't shut down domestic travel so they can go back home this week! 

How far away is home. Rent a van and drive them yourself. 

5 minutes ago, Anler said:

Holy shit!!!!  After two nights of anybody staying with me, I’m checking hotel room availability....for me or them....I don’t care which.

China got in front of this, albeit late. But they seem to be getting the job done. They had to quarantine 60 million people to do it though. They dropped the person to person contagion rate way down. But, morons will use this to prove that if nothing is done the virus will go away. 

3 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

We I'm  pleased to see the smartest think tank on the internet can't explain why we aren't building temp hospitals. 

What happened to all of our FEMA camps we were going to put people in? Maybe that's what they're gonna use? :news:

Why on earth would we build temp hospitals? 

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

China got in front of this, albeit late. But they seem to be getting the job done. They had to quarantine 60 million people to do it though. They dropped the person to person contagion rate way down. But, morons will use this to prove that if nothing is done the virus will go away. 

Oh come on you can't believe any of that!

1 minute ago, frenchy said:

The precautions being enacted now are to ensure that doesn’t happen. Have you been drinking? 

Oh so we shouldn't prepare for the worst? Isn't that what got us her because trump?  predictions of not enough equipment and beds are fake news?

Edited by washedupmxer

Just now, washedupmxer said:

Oh so we shouldn't prepare for the worst? Isn't that what got us her because trump?  predictions of not enough equipment and beds are fake news?

He dismissed it as nothing very early. Saying it was one person and China has it under control. He was wrong. 

Watching what happened elsewhere and how fast it spread allowed us to learn how to react. Thankfully we had the time we did because of geography  

I think our approach is measured and responsible and will allow health facilities to not become overloaded so still confused on the hospital comment.